How to get rid of garlic smell in fridge

Ju411Ju411 Posts: 1,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everybody,

done some spagh bol with loads of garlic yesterday.
Leftovers gone into fridge in a sealed plastic bag and gobbled up today but the fridge is still smelly :o

Anybody got an idea how to get rid without leaving the door open :eek::rolleyes:

Thank you :)

Comments

• padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    half a lemon and half a potato... The potato absorbs bad smells and the lemon helps to make the fridge smell better.. You can also try putting in some bicarbonate of soda .. that absorbs smells too..

p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got any bicarb? Pop some in an open dish and put it in the fridge. It should absorb any nasty niffs.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coffee beans. Really works :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Coffee beans. Really works :)

Or ground coffee - works a treat and smells gorgeous at the same time. Great way to use up out of date left overs.
  • housewifehousewife Posts: 2,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try putting more garlic in there. The two garlicy smells will cancel each other out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always leave half an onion in the fridge to absorb smells. Really works and the fridge doesn't smell of onion either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whirliegig wrote: »
    I always leave half an onion in the fridge to absorb smells. Really works and the fridge doesn't smell of onion either.

half a lemon works a treat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave your cat in the fridge for a couple of hours - worked for me:D:o
  • mollymoralsmollymorals Posts: 13,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    housewife wrote: »
    Try putting more garlic in there. The two garlicy smells will cancel each other out.

i dont mind the smell of garlic, but as another poster said lemon works fantasticly.
    but i had to quote this of housewifes, as when my hubby read it, what he said to me had me in stitiches.

he said if our dog does a dump in the kitchen, he thinks he should do one next to it, to cancel it out :eek:

hilarious

molly xxx
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    i dont mind the smell of garlic, but as another poster said lemon works fantasticly.
    but i had to quote this of housewifes, as when my hubby read it, what he said to me had me in stitiches.

he said if our dog does a dump in the kitchen, he thinks he should do one next to it, to cancel it out :eek:

hilarious

molly xxx

Spanish housewives also use lemon to get rid of flies.
  • Ju411Ju411 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody....some of the answers made me chuckle :)
    I wish I had a cat :(:rolleyes: Missing my parent's one...but it's way too cute to be put in the fridge...aahhh...cats :D

Will get a lemon then...in the meantime bicarb can start working too.

Cheers folks!! :)
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member