Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    soundstory wrote: »
    I met Dawn French a couple of times over the years, was very pleasant on both occasions

I've heard from 2 friends that she was very nice to them when they met her.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he used the train service i was on earlier this year, countryfile filming i guess he was going to, moaned about his seat and was very loud when using the phone but he spoke to my colleague like he was shit.

Apparently being attended to in 1st class by a gay man is not of his liking.

What a total scumbag :mad:

So much for his friendly down to Earth image on TV
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    Ive long suspected terry wogan isn't as nice as he makes out.
    anyone who gets paid thousands for a charity event is not a decent person.
    I've never met him, but someone I know has met Terry and his wife a number of times through delivering to them, and apparently they're both very nice, very supportive of local businesses, and very big tippers at Christmas. :)
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best friend used to live near Simon Rouse, who was Jack Meadows in The Bill for years.

He was a lovely bloke, really genuine and had a great sense of humour.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Who on Earth is Anthony Cotton to treat people like that any way? He's a nobody really apart from (from what I know) he plays a useless character on a soap. Someone should give these so-called 'zzz-lebrities' who treat others badly a taste of their own medicine :mad:

he was on Im A Celebrity too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Oscar Pistorius today at the golf. Great guy. So nice and took his time to sign my book and have a picture taken while playing his round of golf.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Murray is the most disliked sportsperson ever. Eveyone I know cant stand him.Hopefully he will retire soon and rid us of his presence for good.

Adn for years we've been dreaming of having a decent British tennis player (or at least the media has).

Be careful what you dream of or wish for.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Les Dawson nice.
    Nicholas Parsons patronizing.

I haven't led a very exciting life..... ;D
  • Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Met Louise Brealey(Molly from Sherlock) and Hugh Quarshie(Ric from Holby City) yesterday at a convention. Both were lovely and friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to be meeting fans,
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    jacqui.b wrote: »
    Met Oscar Pistorius today at the golf. Great guy. So nice and took his time to sign my book and have a picture taken while playing his round of golf.

This one I'm official very jealous (in a nice way) of :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I met Johnny Depp in costume as Jack Sparrow, I tried to play it cool, I failed.

I've also met Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, presenter of changing rooms. I should have played it cool, I failed. (I'm a huge fan of changing rooms)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jacqui.b wrote: »

I'm so happy he's a nice guy...one person that I really really want to meet. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Met a load of soul and reggae music singers, most of whom were really nice but Toots from Toots & The Maytals wouldn't take a photo with me and his manager told me I could get a pre-signed photo from the merchandise stall for a tenner..

Steve "Interesting" Davis was pleasant, he's a big soul music fan and told him I was too and he asked me what my favourite song was.

Lots of cricketers at a charity match at Durham in the late 80s - Sir Ian Botham, Bob Willis, Paul Allott, Alan Knott, Allan Border (Aussie legend who is only 5 foot 5 to my 6 foot 4 and asked me what's the weather like up there mate? lol), West Indian legends Joel Garner and Michael Holding, Indian legend Suni Gavaskar and some lesser known players. Most were pleasant but Sir Ian looked seriously cheesed off at something so I just got his signature then moved along sharpish!

Tim Healey from Auf Wiedersehen Pet, etc at a Newcastle football match, my bro was ill so I took his ticket for a game and Tim said to me, you're not the lad who usually sits there and when I told him, he said to pass on his best wishes to my bro and signed my programme for us.

Legendary and controversial former Heavyweight boxing champion Iron Mike Tyson just this past weekend. Got my photo taken with him but he wouldn't sign anything. He was pleasant and told me to enjoy my evening and that it was his pleasure to meet me and how he loves his British fans. Cost me £100 for that one though as it was one of those sports dinners.

Haven't really met anyone rude as of yet.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met / encountered / observed lots of celebs at various events over the years and can't disagree with the general consensus about Anthony Cotton and Cilla Black. Both seemed very self-important and dismissive of 'little people' who dared to try to interact with them. I didn't bother because neither are of any interest to me, but I did feel sorry for those who tried and got short shrift.

On the other hand I found Lulu and Dawn French to be really friendly, smiley and approachable when I met them. I realise one-off encounters with fans are not really reliable indicators of 'niceness', but I do think that fame entails a certain obligation to be appreciative of members of the public (as long as they are respectful in turn).

Someone up-thread was asking if anyone had met Miranda Hart. I did a couple of years ago at a West End musical when I was only vaguely aware of who she was (big fan of her show now, would love to meet her again!) She came across as very shy and a bit awkward about being recognised. She may be more used to it nowadays! She was very gracious anyway. Ditto for Tom Ellis who was also there. :cool:

Yep that was me. :) Glad to hear that she was nice, I'm also a huge fun of all her shows (especially Miranda) and would love to meet her one day. :p:cool: Her book is coming out soon, but unfortunately she isn't doing any signings in London :(:cry:
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cotton tail View Post
    "I met Freddie Starr once - creepy letch, made my skin crawl"
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    So did my mum. She was collecting for a local charity at the time. He offered to donate some of his sperm. Nice.

LOL, how old was she at the time?...:rolleyes:

Freddie has been forced to admit a few things....:o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214785/Freddie-Starr-forced-admit-mistaken-TV-footage-unearthed-1974.html#comments
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't met any celebrities ever! :( And I live in London! :D Although I did go to the Olympics, so technically I was in the same place as Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah!
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son met Matt Lucas on Saturday night when he was out with his friends. He said he was a really nice guy and spent time chatting to them all in the street as they were on their way to a nightclub.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cotton tail View Post
    "I met Freddie Starr once - creepy letch, made my skin crawl"

LOL, how old was she at the time?...:rolleyes:

Freddie has been forced to admit a few things....:o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214785/Freddie-Starr-forced-admit-mistaken-TV-footage-unearthed-1974.html#comments

Hi there :)
    Mum was in her very late forties/ early fifties when FS made the 'sperm' remark but was petite and very attractive. In fact, she and FS are around the same age. She wasn't really offended by it. It was more of a rolly-eye tutting thing- she can do banter. It gave the rest of us a laugh (her too, eventually) and he certainly didn't make any physical contact with her but it was a tad inappropriate as we were raising funds for a local hospice for the terminally ill.

Ironic that the shop FS ran was just a few hundred yards away from JS's Leeds flat on Roundhay Park. Don't think there's any evidence of a connection between them, though. It's close to one of the more affluent areas in Leeds and where a few high profile people work and live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    sean williamson ...[barry from eastenders]/ brilliant guy exactly like on screen image
    geoffry hughes ..[heartbeat/keeping up app] recently died ,fantastic funny guy
    bob hoskins ...complete stuck up dick,treated everyone like they where beneath him AND i recently talked to someone who he has played in a film who says that in 1997 hoskins proclaimed he had just worn out a 16 year old girl.
    alex thompson channel 4 political editor....couldnt meet a nicer chap,quite happy to discuss every issue of the day with you.
    denny laine ex wings moody blues....a very warm and funny man who was happy to sit and talk about everything for about 1 hour post gig.
    criag brown..ex scotland boss...very strange loner type..some say fantasist who writes himself letters of praise..i found him odd
    noel edmunds... a complete arsehole who has a huge idea of his own self importance.
    lembit opek...cant remember his name properly..lib dem mp who dated cheek girl...couldnt meet a nicer guy..took all the obvious jokes and rolled with the punches.

all the above i have had detailed conversations with..hardly a holywood jet set but genuine appraisals non the less
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Norman Wisdom was horrible to me and my bro , when we met him in 70s, my dad had a small part with him in , one good turn , so he tried to get us to meet him , after he played at Winter gardens Margate, he said who are you and what you doing in my dressing room , never really liked him before and certainly didnt after that either
  • tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Norman Wisdom was horrible to me and my bro , when we met him in 70s, my dad had a small part with him in , one good turn , so he tried to get us to meet him , after he played at Winter gardens Margate, he said who are you and what you doing in my dressing room , never really liked him before and certainly didnt after that either

My interpretation of what you've posted: your Dad (who Norman Wisdom probably didn't know from Adam) tried to take you and your brother (pretty much uninvited) into NW's dressing room and he expressed shock/surprise/annoyance/anger (delete as appropriate) at the intrusion.

I've not read much negativity surrounding Norman Wisdom over the years so I'd be interested to hear why you didn't like him beforehand. It seems like your Dad's POV is the most telling factor in your story. Unless you're omitting stuff about NW making you and your brother cry, pushing you out the door, swearing at your Dad??? :eek:
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met a few of the TOWIE lot. Idiots
    And no ,I'm not well jel,I'd rather be me than any of the ones I met.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Greg James was DJing at the Syndicate in Bristol for a fresher event for my Uni (UWE). Fairly often whilst he was DJing, he waved and smiled & sometimes said hi to people. He put on a decent show and was so into some of the songs (dancing whilst DJing) :P

I was standing with my friend just behind where Greg was DJing, Greg turned round to that point, I waved and smiled and he waved&smiled and nodded back at me! :) It kind of felt like it was a normal guy doing it, but some famous lol. Was well chuffed when he did that lol, even if it isn't exactly a chat or a photo/autograph which I doubt he could of done anyway lol. Seemed a really down to earth guy!
    I met Greg something like two years ago, and he was a genuinely nice chap.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor was another one with great charm. Happy to have photos taken of her and have a chit-chat.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »

Did you not tell him who you are and why you were there? If not, you can't really blame him for being a bit startled. If you never really liked him to begin with, why did you go to his dressing room?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw who was on X Factor a few years back is lovely.

Someone on a friends' course at Uni met Oscar Pistorius (I want to meet him so much, so of course I asked her to ask him what he was like) and said he was one of the nicest, funniest most obliging people and really easy to talk to.