Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Andre won't discuss Katie Price's pregnancy with his kids
    Peter Andre doesn't talk to his children about ex-wife Katie Price's pregnancy.
    The reality TV star - who has two children, Junior, seven, and Princess Tiaamii, five, with the glamour model - admits he avoids discussions about his former spouse's impending arrival with new husband Kieran Hayler.

No...but you'll talk to the media about it though wont you Petey :rolleyes:
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    cazzz this is brilliant - I dont watch PA shows, but I would defo watch this. I'm another who thinks their relationship is really creepy and I bet she is completely different off-camera.

LOL @SenseiSam timing the kids in the episodes - that's above and beyond dedication to these discussions ! :D

:o I think I had flu at the time so wasn't up to much else. I just get really fed up with these 'there would be nothing in his shows without the children' type comments so I watched all the episodes I could find back to back with a stop watch to test it out and found they usually appear fairly briefly. That's not to say they don't bring add a lot to the show because Pete lights up when he's with them and they're an instant boost of energy and fun. He couldn't really have a 'My Life' show without them or Emily because then it would mostly be 'My Work' so I'd rather see him bring that to a close for his own sake.

I think a CAN-based reality series would genuinely be a better prospect because they'd have a much bigger cast of characters and situations to draw on and Pete could be part of it. I came face to face with CP once in our local high street and she really is larger than life, not just in a physical sense, she has a lot of 'presence' so she'd make a good central figure especially if it was 'warts 'n all'. Throw in Nev and Katie too for some real drama :D
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    The reality TV star - who has two children, Junior, seven, and Princess Tiaamii, five, with the glamour model - admits he avoids discussions about his former spouse's impending arrival with new husband Kieran Hayler.

Why does he have to show and tell us that he's not discussing the impending arrival of his children's sibling? Is he just playing a big sulky, snubby game of 'Am I bovvered?' With whom? The public? KP?. Well buck up Petey because when the baby arrives, Princess in particular will talk about nothing else - then what will you do? KP's pregnancy has clearly rattled him- if he wasn't bothered, he wouldn't discuss it or just say something innocuous. But he likes to made a very public point that it isn't discussed. And not discussing very important things with your children when they evidently ask makes you a very good father obviously :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His saying "Im good at diverting", is not really the way to behave if your children want to talk to you about their new baby.

We saw the filmed reaction to his being uncomfortable and it should be about the children and not him. They are clearly excited and he should have behaved differently.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    :o I think I had flu at the time so wasn't up to much else. I just get really fed up with these 'there would be nothing in his shows without the children' type comments so I watched all the episodes I could find back to back with a stop watch to test it out and found they usually appear fairly briefly.

It's true, though, Sensei. It's not how often or for how long they appear on screen (and they have done a lot in the recent series), it's that the DOTY theme is so ever-present. They are a constant backdrop physically and in the narrative to pad out his show so the reality is, there IS very little else of interest without them. And they themselves (CAN/PA) must feel that too, otherwise why pound people over the head with it?

And I'm probably one of the few people who in principle doesn't really have a prob with the idea of having them feature on the show. But as with everything with PA, It's not what he does, it's the way that he does it.

And this has nothing to do with liking or disliking PA. It's just the reality of what he does. Those who like him will be more tolerant of him, those who don't (and can see right through him) will see no reason to make excuses for a 40yr old man constantly milking his DOTY brand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I'm with you Lexi, oh I remember the old days, CP lining up PA for the money shot with a surprise announcement (with him pretending its the first time he has heard it and not rehearsed 10 times).

A CP warts and all programme would be far more interesting than PA, imagine filming meetings and phone calls with Dan Wootton trying to spin things in the next mag deal for DOTY:D Her fury if KP gets a front page, telling clients such as Amy Childs and Gemma whatshername how wonderful they look but a little more botox would just improve things. Whilst she should be working for her clients, its the other way around.

:D Really, they should do it. I couldn't care less if CP and PA have a creepy/unhealthy/peculiar relationship, that just adds to the fun.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not discussing their forthcoming sibling with his children is just pathetic and deliberately obtuse. Telling the media that he wont discuss it is attention seeking & sulking.

Worse - the children will pick up the impression their new baby sister/brother is something they cant mention creating an unnecessary atmosphere of tension /shame / embarrassment.

Pete, it's happening - deal with it!

(that's if bumpgate is even real...:D)

(imo)
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Ian Hyland its "Peter Andre Day "on Sunday-i love it :D
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it rather odd that junior was suprised that peter didn't know kate was pregnant,and said,didn't you read it in the newspaper,all rather sad all round.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    :o I think I had flu at the time so wasn't up to much else. I just get really fed up with these 'there would be nothing in his shows without the children' type comments so I watched all the episodes I could find back to back with a stop watch to test it out and found they usually appear fairly briefly. That's not to say they don't bring add a lot to the show because Pete lights up when he's with them and they're an instant boost of energy and fun. He couldn't really have a 'My Life' show without them or Emily because then it would mostly be 'My Work' so I'd rather see him bring that to a close for his own sake.

I think a CAN-based reality series would genuinely be a better prospect because they'd have a much bigger cast of characters and situations to draw on and Pete could be part of it. I came face to face with CP once in our local high street and she really is larger than life, not just in a physical sense, she has a lot of 'presence' so she'd make a good central figure especially if it was 'warts 'n all'. Throw in Nev and Katie too for some real drama :D

That is true Sensei, there really wouldn't be a show without the kids but that's what irritates me about PA, he is fully aware of this & therefore keeps them in it regardless of any harm it may be doing them. (I'd still like to hear what a professional in children's behaviour opinion was on this)
    I just wish someone would shake some sense into him & get him to take his head out his backside & face the harm he could be doing to them. One thing is for sure, it won't be CP as I truly believe money is her main motive even with her beloved Pete.

Excellent idea about a CAN based reality series though, I'd even pay to watch if KP & Nev were chucked into the mix:D
    Maybe an email to CP to pitch it to her, if she sees the £ signs I'm sure she'll give it some thought;)
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No...but you'll talk to the media about it though wont you Petey
    :rolleyes:
    Good ole passive agressive Pete! Never misses an opportunity to get a shot in, does he?
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Not discussing their forthcoming sibling with his children is just pathetic and deliberately obtuse. Telling the media that he wont discuss it is attention seeking & sulking.

Worse - the children will pick up the impression their new baby sister/brother is something they cant mention creating an unnecessary atmosphere of tension /shame / embarrassment

Pete, it's happening - deal with it!

(that's if bumpgate is even real...:D)

(imo)

BIB is just so true. I cannot see (a) why he would want to avoid the issue as it sends out all the wrong messages to his own little ones, who just won't understand the 'diverting' and (b) why he feels the need to tell the media of his 'diverting' decision.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    According to Ian Hyland its "Peter Andre Day "on Sunday-i love it :D

Does that make him the Father God ;) ... That all daddies must pray at his feet in the hope they too can be as amazing a father as he
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a pathetic man he truely is.. This baby will be his children's brother or sister and he will make them feel uncomfortable talking about them.that is not the actions of a caring father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is true Sensei, there really wouldn't be a show without the kids but that's what irritates me about PA, he is fully aware of this & therefore keeps them in it regardless of any harm it may be doing them. (I'd still like to hear what a professional in children's behaviour opinion was on this)
    I just wish someone would shake some sense into him & get him to take his head out his backside & face the harm he could be doing to them. One thing is for sure, it won't be CP as I truly believe money is her main motive even with her beloved Pete.

Excellent idea about a CAN based reality series though, I'd even pay to watch if KP & Nev were chucked into the mix:D
    Maybe an email to CP to pitch it to her, if she sees the £ signs I'm sure she'll give it some thought;)

Cyril's posted previously that in the Katie and Peter days the reality filming was 'fly-on-the-wall' and they shaped the episodes in the edit room whereas he had the impression that the new production company pre-plan more. So my hope is that the filming of the kids has been strictly limited and controlled and that most of their time is spent away from the cameras. But I agree that they're at an age where the scrutiny it puts them under could become damaging and it would be better to stop it completely.

It intrigues me how differently people interpret the Pete/CP dynamic. I think she comes across like an exasperated older sister dealing with her annoying kid brother, affectionate but zero attraction even when she's telling him how to work it for the cameras. She seems far more into alpha males.

I think some of the criticism Pete gets comes from the need to pad out the show (I don't believe for a minute that he usually chases Gloria around the kitchen to get a hug!). I think he'll come across far better in projects where the focus isn't just on him and they're not trying to push certain themes. This report about one of the 60MM makeovers is nice as the family say he was 'lovely - very happy and friendly' which shows he can do more than just suffer ;)http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/entertainment/s/2135470_peter_andres_60_minute_makeover_for_family_home

I think this 'refusing to talk to the children about Katie's baby' has been picked up from the last question in his New interview as he was asked something like 'are they excited about the new baby' and he replied ''I'm very good at diverting, so there haven't really been any long conversations about it'. So I doubt CAN briefed the press but perhaps he should have known it would be jumped on and not answered. But I agree if the children want to talk to him about it then he should just go with it and make it all as natural for them as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam
    I liked your post.
    What I don't understand is why is he diverting the conversation about the new baby..a new child coming into their lives is a massive deal and shouldn't be ignored if they wish to talk about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam
    I liked your post.
    What I don't understand is why is he diverting the conversation about the new baby..a new child coming into their lives is a massive deal and shouldn't be ignored if they wish to talk about it.

I agree Betty, though it's hard to know whether he was just avoiding answering New's question or if he genuinely tries to divert when the kids start talking about the new baby. It must be a sensitive area as he probably wants to be careful about saying anything that could get repeated back to Katie and cause problems but if they have any worries or confusion then of course they should feel comfortable about talking it through with their Dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Betty, though it's hard to know whether he was just avoiding answering New's question or if he genuinely tries to divert when the kids start talking about the new baby. It must be a sensitive area as he probably wants to be careful about saying anything that could get repeated back to Katie and cause problems but if they have any worries or confusion then of course they should feel comfortable about talking it through with their Dad.

Kids do repeat conversations you have with others (a lesson I've learnt myself :o) so all Peter has to do is be careful how he words things ...also he could phone KP and tell her what the kids are asking/saying and see how she is dealing with it.. Cos you can bet they are asking simular things to her about the baby as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kids do repeat conversations you have with others (a lesson I've learnt myself :o) so all Peter has to do is be careful how he words things ...also he could phone KP and tell her what the kids are asking/saying and see how she is dealing with it.. Cos you can bet they are asking simular things to her about the baby as well.

Yes it would be sensible for them to agree to handle questions in the same way to avoid confusing them. I guess a potential problem is that Pete will have absolutely no relationship to the new baby whereas perhaps they know that even though he's not Harvey's real father he calls him his son. But we don't know that there's been any difficulties - Pete might just have been deliberately vague with the interviewer. It might have been better if he'd said 'yes, the children are excited' and left it at that.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine KP's conversations with the kids just as the baby has been delivered:

'Mummy, can we take a picture'.

'No, darling, the nice man from 'rent a chav' magazine is coming to take our picture you are not allowed to take one yet. I can't let you answer any more questions; talk to my publicist. Once Mummy has had her hair sewn in and her eyebrows cresoted on you can stand with me and have a picture. See you in 5 hours'.
    :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it would be sensible for them to agree to handle questions in the same way to avoid confusing them. I guess a potential problem is that Pete will have absolutely no relationship to the new baby whereas perhaps they know that even though he's not Harvey's real father he calls him his son. But we don't know that there's been any difficulties - Pete might just have been deliberately vague with the interviewer. It might have been better if he'd said 'yes, the children are excited' and left it at that.

He may of course of been misquoted .. It has happened before . But if not ..as you have said he might be better saying something along the lines of "that's a private a matter I dont w ish to discuss"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyril's posted previously that in the Katie and Peter days the reality filming was 'fly-on-the-wall' and they shaped the episodes in the edit room whereas he had the impression that the new production company pre-plan more. So my hope is that the filming of the kids has been strictly limited and controlled and that most of their time is spent away from the cameras. But I agree that they're at an age where the scrutiny it puts them under could become damaging and it would be better to stop it completely.

It intrigues me how differently people interpret the Pete/CP dynamic. I think she comes across like an exasperated older sister dealing with her annoying kid brother, affectionate but zero attraction even when she's telling him how to work it for the cameras. She seems far more into alpha males.

I think some of the criticism Pete gets comes from the need to pad out the show (I don't believe for a minute that he usually chases Gloria around the kitchen to get a hug!). I think he'll come across far better in projects where the focus isn't just on him and they're not trying to push certain themes. This report about one of the 60MM makeovers is nice as the family say he was 'lovely - very happy and friendly' which shows he can do more than just suffer ;)http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/entertainment/s/2135470_peter_andres_60_minute_makeover_for_family_home

I think this 'refusing to talk to the children about Katie's baby' has been picked up from the last question in his New interview as he was asked something like 'are they excited about the new baby' and he replied ''I'm very good at diverting, so there haven't really been any long conversations about it'. So I doubt CAN briefed the press but perhaps he should have known it would be jumped on and not answered. But I agree if the children want to talk to him about it then he should just go with it and make it all as natural for them as possible.

Having decided to air in his tv show, Junior trying to talk to him about the baby, he shouldnt be surprised that his response was picked up.

In my opinion he wanted to show the "audience" he didnt want to talk about the baby and conveyed a distain. What would be the point of showing something so personal and his reaction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may of course of been misquoted .. It has happened before . But if not ..as you have said he might be better saying something along the lines of "that's a private a matter I dont w ish to discuss"

Or he could simply deal with this from his childrens point, instead of his own, by telling them and the media that he thinks they will make the best big brother and sister ever, instead of clouding what will be a happy occasion for them with his baggage!
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    BIB is just so true. I cannot see (a) why he would want to avoid the issue as it sends out all the wrong messages to his own little ones, who just won't understand the 'diverting' and (b) why he feels the need to tell the media of his 'diverting' decision.

Completely agree.

It intrigues me how differently people interpret the Pete/CP dynamic.I think she comes across like an exasperated older sister dealing with her annoying kid brother, affectionate but zero attraction even when she's telling him how to work it for the cameras. She seems far more into alpha males.

There's no need for me to keep repeating myself re removing J & P from the show completely, I'm beginning to even bore myself harping on about it, I think I just feel so strongly about it.

The relationship between CP & Pete is imo a strange one, it's hard to fathom out, hence why people have so many different views on it. I get the feeling she's forever trying to keep him sweet & humours him a lot of the time as she knows he makes her money but I also get the feeling he's slightly wary of her & what she says goes, it's all very confusing:confused: IMHO I think PA is a very weak man & CP knows this & has taken advantage of his weakness & slowly but surely molded him into this fictional Stepford husband character when actually he's nothing like this, as earlier series have shown.

The vision of PA chasing Gloria around the kitchen made me chuckle, I immediately thought of Benny Hill:D

I think I'm going to have buy New magazine to read the interview, his opinion on KP's new baby should be irrelevant, J & P are going to have a new brother or sister whether he approves or not & should therefore be allowed to talk about it freely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Having decided to air in his tv show, Junior trying to talk to him about the baby, he shouldnt be surprised that his response was picked up.

In my opinion he wanted to show the "audience" he didnt want to talk about the baby and conveyed a distain. What would be the point of showing something so personal and his reaction.

Agree. I think it's precisely as you suggest, Bunny, that it was a sly nod to the criticism that KP has had over her hasty marriage/pregnancy. Otherwise what is there to 'divert' from? All the kids care about is that they're got a new brother/sister on the way but PA as usual has to make it all about himself.

PA is of course 100% entitled to be disdainful about KP and her choices since they concern the kids - and she does hand things on a plate to him, got to be said - but does he need to make this rancour public? Nope. But then, this is DOTY we're talking about so really, who's surprised?
This discussion has been closed.