Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcd3b9Phc-g
    Notorious at a New York club on Thursday. ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSepnzroe8
    All Fired Up

They've also done an interview with some writer from The Rolling Stones Magazine and it'll be posted on Billboard on Tuesday. The Wanted are appearing on their E! Documentary as guest stars and i'm assuming there'll be others as well (maybe One Direction)? They done that Styled To Rock thing with Rihanna that was shown in the UK the other night and the girls are back in the UK this week, no idea why, though. Maybe to premiere the single?
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these girls should decide to disband on a mutual decision because it's really embarrasing that they have been together for nearly five years and none of the albums they have released didn't make it big, nor no #1 singles. They have 0% chance to break into the US, as they haven't really made it here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think these girls should decide to disband on a mutual decision because it's really embarrasing that they have been together for nearly five years and none of the albums they have released didn't make it big, nor no #1 singles. They have 0% chance to break into the US, as they haven't really made it here.

I wouldn't say they have 0%. They have an E! Documentary, a possible appearance on Gossip Girl, they were at the VMA's, they have Perez Hilton supporting them, a possible cover on the Seventeen magazine, an interview being posted on Billboard on Tuesday, they have Sean Paul featuring on their song and have had alot of positive reviews from every appearance so far. They've got connections with Flo Rida, The Wanted and One Direction and their new song is very radio friendly. The US don't have a girl band at the moment, and there's alot of buzz around British artists right now.

They might flop, they might have a minor hit, they might have a big hit but either way they DO have a chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem, or one of them, with The Saturdays is that they just come across as too boring, they need a gimmick or to be more interesting to make them marketable like the big pop acts.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Oh I don't know. Give them a chance. Hopefully they can make a fresh start and become successful in the US.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't know. Give them a chance. Hopefully they can make a fresh start and become successful in the US.

Maybe they'll do a few shows on CNBC :p
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll do a few shows on CNBC :p

I don't think so :D It's a business channel, not a music channel! Well unless they appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon :p
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so :D It's a business channel, not a music channel! Well unless they appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon :p

I know exactly what CNBC is! You're always going on about it!:D
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I know exactly what CNBC is! You're always going on about it!:D

I know you do! Don't know what made me write that :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they still appearing on gossip girl? Can anyone from America tell me if gossip girl is still popular in the US? They would have been better off having one off their singles performed by the glee cast because that is still a popular show. It worked for the wanted right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them more if they didn't absolutely reek of desperation. Their campaign for a number one a year or two ago was embarrassing, and they can be very overexposed at times.

Their last album was a real disappointment, personally. I love Chasing Lights and Wordshaker but nothing since then has done it for me. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Are they still appearing on gossip girl? Can anyone from America tell me if gossip girl is still popular in the US? They would have been better off having one off their singles performed by the glee cast because that is still a popular show. It worked for the wanted right?

They're yet to confirm anything yet. They haven't even confirmed the E! documentary yet (although we know there is one because there's been tons of rumours since February about it plus they've been featured on E! News and the E! channel and we've seen pictures of them surrounded by cameras at restaurant tables and walking down the streets. The Gossip Girl rumours have been going round for months as well but it's still to be confirmed by the girls themselves.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    The problem, or one of them, with The Saturdays is that they just come across as too boring, they need a gimmick or to be more interesting to make them marketable like the big pop acts.
    This
    Stally wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll crack America, but I think Little Mix could be a threat as they might follow the same formula as 1D and try and break America in early 2013.

Lol we might get the female form of The Wanted Vs 1D with the Sats Vs Little Mix in America.

Nah America tends to like Boy bands as opposeto Girl bands. The Sats would have to be do something really Unique to shine, over there they won't get away with just being how they are over here. Think Little mix would have the Edge over the sats if it was betwen those too, as their music is a bit more what the yanks like.

Kind of see what your saying and i kind of agree, but i think they should have one for chance and if they fail to crack the states then they should really disband imo.

As for having no chance to break America, they have a chance personally i don't rate it highly but you never know.
    Nyota wrote: »
    I'd like them more if they didn't absolutely reek of desperation. Their campaign for a number one a year or two ago was embarrassing, and they can be very overexposed at times.

Their last album was a real disappointment, personally. I love Chasing Lights and Wordshaker but nothing since then has done it for me. :(

Think it was the Missing you campaign and yes it was cringe, think they were so desperate for a no 1 for some reason they and their fans went crazy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Is Vanessa pregnant? :o

Would not say, so think she has put on a bit of weight, and its the way she is wearing what she is.
    The choreo is pretty good? They look like five friends that have had one too many cherry lambrinis on a night out! Their vocals aren't great at all, besides Rochelle and Una, Vanessa is now very av erage and the other two are horrific.

The Sugbabes and Stooshe have managed in the past to come up with something interesting and relatively deep.

Girls Aloud are releasing fun, pop songs. The difference is that the actually do it well. They aren't the most talented, but they have the full package, when the Sats dont.

For me Stooshe are the best girlband around, in the Uk. If any GB had what it takes to break the states, they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    You know what?
    If Cher Lloyd can make it.
    Then so can The Saturdays.

Not really as simple as that. It depends how they are marketed out there, there management suck so it not be a shock if they did it wrong.

With Cher, cause she had Cowell behind her and LA Reid they knew how to market her and make her appeal to the yanks, just like 1D.

The Sats have to go there and Show why they are the best girl band ever and not just in the UK.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really as simple as that. It depends how they are marketed out there, there management suck so it not be a shock if they did it wrong.

With Cher, cause she had Cowell behind her and LA Reid they knew how to market her and make her appeal to the yanks, just like 1D.

The Sats have to go there and Show why they are the best girl band ever and not just in the UK.

Yes, I agree, they're gonna have to put the work in if they want to succeed. Hopefully it'll pan out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SlLDhydxo

A remix of What About Us has leaked.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SlLDhydxo

A remix of What About Us has leaked.

Wow it's brilliant! Can't wait until it comes out.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should release a 'hits' collection with a couple new songs for their debut US album as a way of introducing the girls, eg:

The Saturdays: Notorious
    1. What About Us?
    2. New Song
    3. New Song
    4. If This Is Love
    5. Up
    6. Issues
    7. Just Can’t Get Enough
    8. Work
    9. Forever Is Over
    10. Ego
    11. Missing You
    12. Higher ft. Flo Rida
    13. Notorious
    14. All Fired Up
    15. 30 Days
    16. My Heart Takes Over
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My only gripe with the remixes is that they've shown the recorded version of the song has totally killed the "na na na na na"'s. :( They sounded pretty amazing live but on the recorded version they sound very robotic and lifeless.

And is it just me or do they have horribly strong Jamaican accents on them??? :confused:
    Forum Member
    They should release a 'hits' collection with a couple new songs for their debut US album as a way of introducing the girls, eg:

The Saturdays: Notorious
    1. What About Us?
    2. New Song
    3. New Song
    4. If This Is Love
    5. Up
    6. Issues
    7. Just Can’t Get Enough
    8. Work
    9. Forever Is Over
    10. Ego
    11. Missing You
    12. Higher ft. Flo Rida
    13. Notorious
    14. All Fired Up
    15. 30 Days
    16. My Heart Takes Over

That sounds really good but I'd also add the Motown version of Why Me, Why Now from their 2009 tour to that tracklisting. That version of that song needs to be released in the US.
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure they'll do anything as Olly Murs got to #96 then straight out the charts again with Heart Skips a Beat one of his biggest selling and that was with a performance on Letterman, USA tour with 1D, 2 USA music videos (first awful football one and second him following a girl in LA), American rappers Chiddy Bang to appeal to US audience and even more helpings from Simon Cowell to no avail.
    What i'm saying is if a song which has been #1 across Europe and with all that promo and oppourtunity can only just get in the chart for 1 week then The Sats really would need a worldwide charting hit and i'm not sure they have one.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are more likeable than girls aloud it's a shame they have not got the promotion they did.
    Then again totp & cd:uk were around then I love alot of their songs it's a shame they haven't had a best selling album yet.