Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    quite good so far... Captain Windmark is getting his ass owned by micheal
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been worth staying up so far.

Seeing over there again was cool, reminded me why I missed Fauxlivia and Lincoln!
  • pinkfoxxiepinkfoxxie Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    "It's a beautiful name" had me in tears! :-(
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye old friend.

I've got something in my eye that's all!
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    too much build up and searching for parts of the machine/plan - too much build up and not enough follow through - also, not enough decent twists like you may expect. While I have loved this season despite the somewhat iffy plotting, I'm afraid to say despite some tense moments and lovely character moments, it was just a bit of a disappointment.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, I'm going to miss that show.

Someone needs to give John Noble an award. Phenomenal as ever.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Hmm if the time reset had worked, surely the observers wouldn't have sent the initial 12 observers back ie September, thus Peter would have drowned as a child. :confused:
  • KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye Fringe, its been an amazing run.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I felt that there was something vital missing that I can't quite put my finger on, I thought it was a fitting finale to Fringe. The superb way they threw in a few of the excellent Fringe cases of the past, the fact that everyone actually lived, Peter and Walter's goodbye and then the final departure... I really did enjoy it.

I think a proper goodbye between Walter and Olivia would have been nice.
    minkski wrote: »
    Hmm if the time reset had worked, surely the observers wouldn't have sent the initial 12 observers back ie September, thus Peter would have drowned as a child. :confused:

Uh oh! I can hear all the internet arguments regarding that kind of thing already :D
    Forum Member
    KingOli wrote: »
    Goodbye Fringe, its been an amazing run.

It has, I enjoyed the ride
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the observers had never gone back, September would never had distracted Walternate when he found Peter's cure. So I guess Peter would be living normally on other side?
    Forum Member
    If the observers had never gone back, September would never had distracted Walternate when he found Peter's cure. So I guess Peter would be living normally on other side?

Phew! Thanks for that, it was a little thing I'd forgotten :D
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

September would never have interrupted Walternate at the moment he found a cure so no need to cross over. - EDIT ignore this, already been answered.

Nice Hollywood ending though not so Fringe style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing ending to the show! I was in floods of tears by the end! Just a perfect ending with just the right amount of 'things for the fans'

Loved it!!!
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind leaps in logic on a show like Fringe - you just HAVE to go along with it - but do the makers of the show really think fans wanted a happy ending so much we would be willing or stupid enough to forgoe ANY kind of it? this episode was all build up, and no follow through. It felt like there was something so big missing from it. I havent felt the same way about the show since season 4, but this was disappointing nonetheless.

And I thought there would be some twists shining some extra light on some past things, like the whole peter being erased from time debacle, but It was all just about searching for parts of the bloody plan again!!! gahh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot waaaaaaaaait. Hopefully I make one more cameo?

Wait....does this mean I have to change my screen name? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUZZAH!!!!

Lovely ending to the story. Walter literally coming full circle, prepared to die to bring back his son's daughter. Underneath all the science, universe hopping and amazingly freaky ways to kill people (loved the throwbacks to the earlier seasons in the break-in) the finale shows exactly what Fringe truly is - a story about one man's redemption from his past.

God bless you Fringe!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chucky907 wrote: »
    no subtities on virgin damn cos i am deaf

how i solve it please?

It is repeated on Wednesday night, should have the sub titles sorted by then.
    Forum Member
    September would never have interrupted Walternate at the moment he found a cure so no need to cross over. - EDIT ignore this, already been answered.

Nice Hollywood ending though not so Fringe style.

My brain is clunking slowly, and I'm trying to remember- September distracted Walternate or Walter? Had Peter already died this side? or did September distract our Walter and something else distracted Walternate?

I do remember Walter watching Walternate getting distracted from the cure.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    Ah, Fringe. I'm going to miss you, old friend. Wonderful ending.

Was great to see Fauxlivia again!
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that.

Was great to see the old cases appear again. Only started watching in July last Summer, and watched it all in about two weeks.

Great ending? What to watch now? Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brain is clunking slowly, and I'm trying to remember- September distracted Walternate or Walter? Had Peter already died this side? or did September distract our Walter and something else distracted Walternate?

Walter's Peter had died and was buried, September distracted Walternate because wanted to see the moment when he found the cure - or so he told the other Observers. I think now that he did it deliberately.
    Forum Member
    Walter's Peter had died and was buried, September distracted Walternate because wanted to see the moment when he found the cure - or so he told the other Observers. I think now that he did it deliberately.

Thanks for that, I remember now :) You could be right re September's motive as well.

Sooo (sorry!) Peter should be dead in this universe, but living happily in alternate one :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Walter's peter had already succumbed to the illness at this point, he sees September distract Walternate when he finds the cure. So Walter now knowing the cure then crosses to save Peter starting the story essentially.
    Forum Member
    Thanks chaps, it all seems like such a long time ago now :(

Thinking again (yikes!) - was Walter's lab accident that got him committed connected to his parallel universe experiments? If so, there would be no need to progress further in them than the window, so he wouldn't have been committed to the mental institution? (St Clare's was it?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks chaps, it all seems like such a long time ago now :(

Thinking again (yikes!) - was Walter's lab accident that got him committed connected to his parallel universe experiments? If so, there would be no need to progress further in them than the window, so he wouldn't have been committed to the mental institution? (St Clare's was it?)

I think he would have continued his work and I think he would have found another excuse to cross over, the purpose of the window device was to obtain technology and Walter wanted to cross over to get samples before his Peter died but William Bell had talked him out of it.