Arkham City: Catwoman code doesn't work

Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi lovely people :)

I got Batman: Arkham City for Christmas 2011 and only got around to playing it in November 12 :o It was brand new (still in shrink wrap). It's wonderful!

So I get to a point where I want to play as Catwoman and enter the code that came with the game and it states that the code has already been used! Same for the Robin code. Frustrating!

Just wondered if any of you guys had the same happen to you and how did you rectify it?

Comments

• DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likely the code has expired due to the length of elapsed time.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    You could try giving the publisher a ring- their contact details should be in the manual somewhere.

Chances are that it's been so long that you won't get much out of them, but it's worth a go.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Likely the code has expired due to the length of elapsed time.

Really? How strange..... I didn't know codes could expire.

I think I will email WB and see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks for replying :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    You could try giving the publisher a ring- their contact details should be in the manual somewhere.

Chances are that it's been so long that you won't get much out of them, but it's worth a go.

Thanks, I'm going to email WB now :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it.

The Catwoman sections are crap anyway (IMO). They break the flow of the game and also screw up the immersion.

I deleted the DLC afterwards, so that when I do play it again I won't have to suffer it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

The Catwoman sections are crap anyway (IMO). They break the flow of the game and also screw up the immersion.

I deleted the DLC afterwards, so that when I do play it again I won't have to suffer it.

I know, cheers. I had read that Catwoman wasn't really worth playing. It's just that I've got like 389 Riddler trophies and I am struggling to bump that volume up with the Physical challenges so I thought the Catwoman trophies would add enough to enable me to complete The Riddler Mission of the game.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »

I think I will email WB and see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks for replying :)

Looking online it seems indeed that is the case. Probably best looking at the page/insert the code is on. If there's any small print saying its only valid for a certain period then that's your answer. If not I think your contacting WB is a good decision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I got a reply from them which basically said "tough titty!"

Oh well, I completed the game anyway. Time for another play through!
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »

I picked up a Vita a week or two ago and the NFS code that was bundled said it expired November 2013. Surprised me that it would expire so soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. The Catwoman parts seem pointless and just interfere with the main story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. The Catwoman parts seem pointless and just interfere with the main story.

Yup.

"I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN...Catwoman? :confused::rolleyes::("
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup.

"I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN :cool: I'M THE GODDAMN...Catwoman? :confused::rolleyes::("

Haha :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the catwoman bits last about 20-30 minutes as the most, it's hardly intrusive, they add extra depth to the story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need to be long to affect the flow of the game (by being badly paced interruptions to the main game) or the immersion (by yanking you out of being Batman). I'd hardly say they add depth to the story, either - utterly forgettable sections that don't benefit the story any way IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't need to be long to affect the flow of the game (by being badly paced interruptions to the main game) or the immersion (by yanking you out of being Batman). I'd hardly say they add depth to the story, either - utterly forgettable sections that don't benefit the story any way IMO.

I thought they where perfect placed, there are 4 sections
    1, before you even play as batman
    when the joker knocks batman out building the tension and making you wonder what is happening to batman rather than him just waking
    after the batman is caught under rubble and catwoman saves him, the catwoman section shows what she was doing there to begin with rather than just seeming random
    4, after the main story has ended with batman

To a certain extent they do interrupt the batman sections but that is entirely the bloody point, it builds tension
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would have been better to just have cutscenes, rather than pull you out of the main story to play as someone other than Batman, someone whose own story is utterly unnecessary for the main game.

I don't care what Catwoman was doing there and don't care about her side-story at all - I want to be Batman.

Still, to each their own - I don't think we'll agree on this one! :)
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Definitely agree with this, they were awful.