Leaving Talk Talk

Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
Forum Member
✭✭
Due to money reasons as in I don't have much I decided to finally get rid of my second phone line. I had the second line installed by BT back in the dial up days and upgraded to Broadband when it came to my area.

I've contacted BT who have terminated my line and I've contacted Talk Talk to cancel the account. I explained I had got rid of my line because I can't afford it. My contract expires in May this year so I'm expecting a cancellation fee. I was quoted £28 which was to be my final Bill...

A couple of days later I had a letter from TT, who said they were sorry I was leaving for a new provider....that got my back up because that was not what I told them. I phoned them again and explained and confirmed...

Now waiting for another letter and my final bill...

Has anyone had problems leaving talk talk?

Any comments?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    No problems leaving them thank-god and the best thing i ever did. Good luck.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, my billing date is a couple of days away and I was quoted £28 for my final bill, they also told me not to cancel the direct debit because they will do that. I'm a bit suspicious about that, I'm going to cancel the DD myself...
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I hope so, my billing date is a couple of days away and I was quoted £28 for my final bill, they also told me not to cancel the direct debit because they will do that. I'm a bit suspicious about that, I'm going to cancel the DD myself...

I would only cancel the DD AFTER they've taken your final payment otherwise you may have problems with your final bill.

Definitely cancel after that though - Plusnet tried to collect payment from me after I'd left them despite assurances that wouldn't happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Additionally if your TT bill shows a credit (unlikely I know - but take what TT CS say with a pinch of salt), they will return it to your bank account which the DD apparently has to be active for. You will have to ask them to credit the money to you if they owe you anything - they don't do it automatically.

Once they have taken payment (or credited you), cancel your DD as mentioned in previous posts....

If you have BT Line Rental and TT Broadband (Non-LLU), I believe BTOR also contact your ISP to cancel service as no line will exist to provide Broadband (not that it matters in your case as you've done this separately)