OK's 'World Exclusive'

Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
Forum Member
I've just seen this week's cover. Danielle Lloyd with her new baby and a big World Exclusive heading. I mean she's hardly Kate Middleton, even if she did call the baby George.

Why do OK and similar publications keep glorifying this woman whose only real claim to fame is a shameful bullying episode on CBB several years ago?

Comments

• RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid question.

Answer: ££££

The real question would question should be, why do enough of the public care.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get why anyone would buy it. Wasn't she one of the women making iffy comments to poor Shilpa Shetty in CBB ages ago? Jade Goody seemed to take the brunt of that rightly or wrongly but Danielle Lloyd sort of faded away then popped back up 'glamour modelling' and marrying a footballer I've never heard of, and had three kids.

...I have a child and of course, I love baby photos but I'd never spend £3 or whatever OK costs to see a random less than z list celebrity pose with their baby in a variety of different outfits. It's bizzare anyone would?!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably the only way that these forgotten about celebrities can get to make loads of money. You never get to see her on TV, and I haven't seen her in the paper for absolutely ages. Because of this, they'll hire themselves out to magazines to be photographed and interviewed.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I've seen other magazines use the 'World Exclusive' tagline for exclusively UK D-listers, it's quite laughable really.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    If the Magazine does not sell then I doubt they would interview Daniella again. The problem is there are certain members of the public that adore these talentedless girls, who actually have achieved nothing themselves except to pose nude, get married to a footballer or have a disaster of a life like Kerry Katona, who goes from one man to another having babies all over the place and complaining that she is always the victim. Poor Kerry!!!. It appears these "fans" seem to think these rather ordinary Z lister girls mean that they too could become "famous"!!!!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    tommytiger wrote: »
    I've seen other magazines use the 'World Exclusive' tagline for exclusively UK D-listers, it's quite laughable really.

Perhaps it is "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" cos no other journalists were interested in her boring Story!!!!! I will not be rushing out to buy OK as I do not know who the heck this Girl is!!! I do not watch Big Brother or other reality Shows with the exception of SC Dancing.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    It's depressing really. She slept her way to a Miss England title, became famous for behaving like a racist bully in Big Brother and instead of being shamed into disappearing without trace she still pops up regularly in trashy publications as some kind of re-invented Mother of the Year.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen this week's cover. Danielle Lloyd with her new baby and a big World Exclusive heading. I mean she's hardly Kate Middleton, even if she did call the baby George.

Why do OK and similar publications keep glorifying this woman whose only real claim to fame is a shameful bullying episode on CBB several years ago?

They must be just thrilled in China, Russia (boo! stop beating up your gays), the US, the entire continent of South America, Australia, France, Italy, Moldova, etc, etc, about such a world exclusive!

I had to double-check who she was on Google.

It's of absolutely no concern or relevance to the rest of humanity apart from a couple of salon-dwelling orange women getting their nails done and a few excitable twinks who write showbiz blogs.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit-part glamour model turned footballer's wife has another baby. That's just about the sum total of the story.

She seemed to walk away from the Big Brother row unscathed - but then she was considered to be attractive and lads' mag material at the time, whereas her fellow participants were not.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sale of these type of magazines ( celeb news etc) is dropping dramatically as people are going to the Internet more n more...
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    World Exclusive as in no one else wanted to buy the story
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle made the most overtly racist comments about Shilpa but seemed to get away with it because shallow tabloids and and lads mags thought she was attractive. Meanwhile Jade and Jo got thrown to the wolves.

I'll never forget that, she's still rough and common when all is said and done.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle made the most overtly racist comments about Shilpa but seemed to get away with it because shallow tabloids and and lads mags thought she was attractive. Meanwhile Jade and Jo got thrown to the wolves.

You can take the chav away from...
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you'll find it was Jade's wretched beast of a mother that was the most overtly racist of them all. And of course Jade herself was the vilest angriest bully.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find it was Jade's wretched beast of a mother that was the most overtly racist of them all. And of course Jade herself was the vilest angriest bully.

Yeah, Jade was the most mouthy and gobby towards Shilpa when they were both in the house. Jade was making comments and digs at Shilpa all the time when they were arguing.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amazing how being halfway attractive, getting them out for the lads and shagging half the black players in the Premier League worked as a tactic to make the racism accusations go away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't go away. She just, rightly, avoided courting attention after leaving the house like Goody and O'Meara did; participating in interviews offering insincere half-arsed apologies.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Danielle was the only one who threatened to flick her vaginal thrush into Shilpa Shetty's curry.

She is a heinously grim individual.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    They didn't go away. She just, rightly, avoided courting attention after leaving the house like Goody and O'Meara did; participating in interviews offering insincere half-arsed apologies.

A pity she hasn't kept that tactic up and just retreated shamefaced from public view, as opposed to simply biding her time and employing a publicist to parade her around as some kind of a celeb :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pity she hasn't kept that tactic up and just retreated shamefaced from public view, as opposed to simply biding her time and employing a publicist to parade her around as some kind of a celeb :(

I don't really have much of an interest in Lloyd so can't really comment on her post-BB career, but it appears her "fame" seemed to simply consist of shagging Spurs players and being married to another footballer.

Thankfully, and this will probably appear callous towards Jade, but none of those scumbags that bullied, belittled and abused Shilpa Shetty are much of anything now in the world of celebrity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    instead of being shamed into disappearing without trace she still pops up regularly in trashy publications as some kind of re-invented Mother of the Year.

Probably only because she was willing to keep getting her tits out, though.

Women like her are pretty much glorified prostitutes, and that's it.