An idea for a new talent show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
Forum Member
Right guys what do you think about a talent show along the same lines as popstars the rivals.

This is how it would work
A boy band and girlgroup would be created but teenagers would judge and pick the members

for example

For The girlgroup each girl would be judged by a panel of five boys They would then pick one girl each for there girlgroup

For the boyband each boy who auditond woul be judged by teenage girls. Each girl would pick a boy

Once each groups lineup is picked they then compete with each other to see which group can get the most success.

The girlgroup are managed and controlled by the teenage boys. They style them they pick there singles and decide all aspects of there Career.

The boyband is managed and controlled by the teenage girls Who again decide what there boys wear and sing.

And a film crew follows both groups.

And They see which group has the longest most successful careers

What do you think of the format and concept guys. Would you change anything?

Comments

• LeeyaLeeya Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Oh yes please! Popstars was a bit before my time but from all the clips and things I've heard about it, it would've been exactly the show I would have loved to watch
    We need some new great reality talent shows. The Voice was new but that's nothing more than Factor/Idol with swivelly chairs (the latter shows are miles ahead anyway)
    So yes it sounds great
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    the winner will always be the boyband
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GA won in their time...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't really work. For a start girl groups usually have girls and gay guys as their central audience, rather than guys who fancy them. And then the concept of teenagers managing groups in itself is a bit difficult to get around, unless they have a really limited role just for television and the actual work is done by people within the music industry.

I do support a PTR return though.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Sinitta be on the girls judging panel :D
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES to a show centered around creating girlgroups & boybands! I would literally be glued to the tv, I love groups!

Your idea is really interesting, I'm personally not sure on how I feel about teenagers having control over who makes it in and that kinda stuff, but for the majority of groups that is their market and they know what they like better than anyone else. The teenage judges should be a mix of both genres for each team though. Girl groups biggest audience is girls, just like boybands, so the girl group would be at a disadvantage as it's not being managed by it's biggest audience like the boyband is.

I would quite like a show where they tried to create a boyband or/and a girl group where they were also a dance group and in the show they would also have dance battles along with the singing competition. It feels like the groups we have atm aren't so big on the dancing and I kinda miss that.