Bioshock Infinite

He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
Forum Member
Couldn't find another thread for this.

Just pre-ordered this as i had £26 of Amazon vouchers.

And its only 2 weeks away.

Comments

• DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green Man Gaming doing a really great deal on this - http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

£23.99 for the game + the original Bioshock + 1 free game from a choice of 3.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep can't wait this and gearsof war will have my attention for a good while :)

if anyone wants a code for the industrial revolutions online puzzle game I have 2 available.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just in the middle of replaying the first two.

I can't wait for Infinite. Gears of War will have to wait for a week or two.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Pre-ordered this too. Looks very promising. I'm worried that it'll kill my games PC though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    For anyone interested, these guys are selling the game for around £29.99 on Xbox 360 and PS3.

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19159/Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox-360 (For the Xbox version. Sorry if it isn't properly linked as I'm on my phone).

I can't attest to their quality as I've never ordered from them before until now but they come recommended and I couldn't refuse at that price.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Review is up, 9.4 from IGN, It looks brilliant.

It's just a shame first person perspective gives me motion sickness :( I'm still trying desperately to play Dishonoured but it's a struggle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »

It's just a shame first person perspective gives me motion sickness :( I'm still trying desperately to play Dishonoured but it's a struggle.

There are many mumblings about IGN getting a 4 day exclusive run on all things Bioshock ... it comes as no surprise to me it got a 9+ score frankly!! I'll wait and see what everyone else gives it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are many mumblings about IGN getting a 4 day exclusive run on all things Bioshock ... it comes as no surprise to me it got a 9+ score frankly!! I'll wait and see what everyone else gives it ;)

Yeah I found that very odd, fair enough if everyone backs it up I guess. Is an exclusive review a new thing? IGN tend to score higher in general, there are a few exceptions (Castlevania Lords of Shadow is one I can think of) Gamespot is normally .5 below and places like Edge and Eurogamer even lower. I imagine this will follow.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you playing on a big TV?

I've started playing most games on a 23" monitor, it really seems to help with the motion sickness. I don't know why it helps but it does. Might be worth a try.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you playing on a big TV?

I've started playing most games on a 23" monitor, it really seems to help with the motion sickness. I don't know why it helps but it does. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, but the TV I use for gaming is only 21" I think I get it quite bad. I managed Skyrim ok, it's much easier in the open areas, then I switched to 3rd person in towns and small spaces. Eventually I got used to it enough to use 1st person all the time. I'm trying Dishonoured in really short bursts to see if I can get used to it. When I see a game I like then realise it's 1st person I feel righteous anger lol.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Amazon are readying my order for despatch so fingers crossed I may get it tomorrow (although the snow may put an end to that possibility).

I haven't looked forward to a new game so much in years.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pre-ordered a few days ago, went for the GMG offer, bit of a bargain really. Plus I got the season pass :)

I'm really looking forward to it, more so than any game in a long time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Thanks, but the TV I use for gaming is only 21" I think I get it quite bad. I managed Skyrim ok, it's much easier in the open areas, then I switched to 3rd person in towns and small spaces. Eventually I got used to it enough to use 1st person all the time. I'm trying Dishonoured in really short bursts to see if I can get used to it. When I see a game I like then realise it's 1st person I feel righteous anger lol.

I USED to get this with console FPS but not PC. But it went away, less twitchy games help
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    green man gaming and gamersgate's deals are very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a first 30min video of this and the setting for this game looks really interesting, flying round on rails LOL. Does anybody know if most of this game is set in the colourful outside world that I've seen so far? Looks good to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    My copy arrived today. Fifteen minutes in and I'm impressed. Very impressed.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided about getting this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be so many games coming out at the moment really got to narrow it down.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy has been dispatched earlier today. It's for PC. I'm wondering if it's a product that needs to activated on Steam does that mean it will have some barrier in place to prevent you from playing because it isn't released until Friday?

I know Steam is allowing you to download the game at the moment so that when it's released they'll be able to play it straight away on Friday.

But if it's a physical purchase from Amazon does it follow different rules? :confused:

EDIT: never mind! The game actually IS released tomorrow :o ha don't know why I thought it was Friday.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    My copy has been dispatched earlier today. It's for PC. I'm wondering if it's a product that needs to activated on Steam does that mean it will have some barrier in place to prevent you from playing because it isn't released until Friday?

I know Steam is allowing you to download the game at the moment so that when it's released they'll be able to play it straight away on Friday.

But if it's a physical purchase from Amazon does it follow different rules? :confused:

EDIT: never mind! The game actually IS released tomorrow :o ha don't know why I thought it was Friday.

Worldwide release as opposed to Europe then America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »

As Steve35 says, it's a worldwide release so it will unlock for everyone at the same time. However, whenever a game uses Steam it means you can't unlock the game until it's release date in your territory, even if you have a physical copy of the game you'd have to wait. A couple of years ago i received Deus Ex: Human Revolution two days early, but Steam wouldn't let me play the game until it's UK release date. There is a way around it where you can trick Steam into thinking that you live in a country where the game has already been released, but i could never be arsed to mess about.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Worldwide release as opposed to Europe then America.
    CJClarke wrote: »
    As Steve35 says, it's a worldwide release so it will unlock for everyone at the same time. However, whenever a game uses Steam it means you can't unlock the game until it's release date in your territory, even if you have a physical copy of the game you'd have to wait. A couple of years ago i received Deus Ex: Human Revolution two days early, but Steam wouldn't let me play the game until it's UK release date. There is a way around it where you can trick Steam into thinking that you live in a country where the game has already been released, but i could never be arsed to mess about.

Ah, thanks.

Didn't know that about Steam and release dates :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    advert for this looked great

so very sad to see its just another 3PS

well thats what it looks like anyway
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to download Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 after completing Gears last night. Should have it done for tomorrow and straight into Infinite.

Still a bit disappointed it's not in Rapture again, but this sky city looks good.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More reviews are coming in now and well....interesting :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite/critic-reviews