TV Channel `disruption`, 10 April

Was listening to Talksport on TV channel 723 early this morning, when shortly after midnight it was `lost`. TalkTalk directed me to their support website code 302. I thereupon retuned the channels. However after the retuning was completed, BBC 1 and BBC 2 were shown as `No Channel`, although most of the other channels appeared -but not 723, Talksport. But, channels 101 and 102 were carrying BBC1 HD and BBC 2 HD respectively, but text service didn`t show up on those.
I know that a window has been appearing onscreen over the last few days mentioning `disruption` and retuning for today, 10 April, but I`m unsure as to whether the effects will remain after that date - I assume some sort of industrial action is taking place. Other viewers` experiences may be of help and interest.

Comments

• David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any warning windows over the past few days, which inclines me to suspect it might be maintenance work on your local transmitter. Do another retune today to see if it sorts the matter out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk has a messsage on today's retunes.
  • ThePenkethPedanThePenkethPedan Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replies; I`ve re-tuned a couple of times and all is well again - all channels apparently operating; bonus from it all was finding the HD channels, although can`t see any appreciable improvement of definition/clarity on them. I did try to catch-up with 10 April`s `Countdown`, but it couldn`t be done that evening - possibly because of the disruption and not having completed retuning by the time the programme was transmitted in the afternoon.
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't see any improvement on the HD channels until you get your HDMI lead.The scart you are currently using can only transmit a downscaled standard definition version of an HD programme. The HDMI lead will deliver HD properly, and then you should see the difference.