New TV Advice

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all,

A couple of questions I have...

I currently have a Samsung LE32A436T1D Series 4 32" - HD ready with a resolution of 1366x768.

I've just bought a Samsung Series 5 UE37EH5000 37" Full HD - 1920x1080 (Native).

Firstly, will I notice a big difference in Blu-Ray's and PS3 games? A noticeable difference?

Also, there's only 2 HDMI sockets, can anyone recommend a decent cheap splitter?

Thanks

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try amazon. we got ours from there, if iremember it was only 4 quid with p and p
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try amazon. we got ours from there, if iremember it was only 4 quid with p and p

Huh? I've already bought one...
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Huh? I've already bought one...

the splitter? thought you wanted a cheap one?

sorry i misunderstood
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume from your OP that you haven't set the new TV up yet? Otherwise you'd be telling us whether you can see a difference, rather than asking. :p

But yeah, you should probably notice a difference, but it won't be huge TBH.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to expand the number of HDMI ports you need a switch not a splitter. A splitter is designed to take one HDMI output and feed it to two HDMI inputs. It may work in reverse to combine two HDMI outputs into one HDMI input but I wouldn't trust it to work all the time.

I've used the two input version of this

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg03672/hdmi-switch-3-1-with-lead/dp/AV21571

at work and not had any problems with it. There are many other switches available, some with remote controls but they cost a bit more.