Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I caught an ad for Michael McIntyre's DVD the other night; he doesn't say a single funny thing, just pulls a face and shouts a couple of times.

I have never found him at all funny either.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that too :mad:
    If I was Julie Walters, I say "No. It's wrong. I'll say something that makes sense - Visit a branch near you. Something like that"

If you were Julie Walters you would be counting your money from doing every commercial you possibly could and be on your phone to your agent asking for more work.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    fatsi wrote: »
    Boots? Thought she did the Superdrug ads ;)

I'm sure it's Boots as they talk about double points :confused:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    With the BT ads does anyone else think that the original plan was to carry on with the son of the family from the last ones as the main character but the nerd lad proved to be better

They can do hundreds of ads now there are 3 of them :eek:

I didn't mind the geeky ones ads as they were funny, especially talking to his mum :D but they are just boring and as for the girl :mad: what a biatch LOVE :mad:
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dunno about worst, but the most annoying must surely be those marks and sparks ads, where that guy does the most annoying voice-over in history, if I met this guy in real life, with his annoyingly syrupy smug voice, i'd be half tempted to strangle him

:mad:
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The (I think) Sonic All-Star Racing game ads. Just how many times are TV types going to use the ancient visual cliche of blasting air into someone's face to make their mouth flap about? Jesus, it got annoying about ten years ago and they are still at it!
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the people at Go compare think we like Louis Spence. Punish them both!
  • BattleBorn14BattleBorn14 Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Theres an advert for a betting company (can't remember which one) which is particularly annoying. Its with a guy sat in a pub watching a football game deciding whether to cancel a bet whilst a voiceover says "will he, won't he" every three seconds for what seems like ages. The voiceover gets so annoying and the advert doesn't make betting look appealing either - who would sit staring at their phone instead of actually watching the game?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I simply do NOT believe this but I have just seen the BT Halloween advert again!!! It is now 2nd December are they really this thick???!!!!!
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I simply do NOT believe this but I have just seen the BT Halloween advert again!!! It is now 2nd December are they really this thick???!!!!!

Oh my. It's tempting to post BT a mouldy old Jack-o-lantern. Maybe then they'd get the picture!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Do the people at Go compare think we like Louis Spence. Punish them both!

I hate this advert too, but I'm glad we didn't have both Louis Spence's dance AND the wretched song. Either one of those is quite unbearable alone.

I do, however, think that Louis Spence should be killed off along with the Go Compare Man.

Either they simply cannot afford to make a new ad, in which case it shows us how crap BT is.

Or they just can't be bothered, in which case it shows us how crap BT is.

There really is no excuse.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TK Maxx's hipster christmas ad is painfully at odds with the rails of 10 year old, faded, tat they sell judging by the Cardiff branch.
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I hate the cillit bang adverts with Barry Scott.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My worst ad is still the BT infinity advert from Halloween. As some have it is still on. I just hate the girl on it. She comes across a complete bitch. 'Oooh haven't you got infinity'? 'ooh well I have love' I want to kill her. And at the end the other girl has actually gone round to her house and playing tracks for them. I know it's not real. But it annoys me everytime I see it.

Clearly they wanted to carry on the BT story adverts but it's bad.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    They should really do a ad where it says "Yes I can afford Infinity but like most places I can't bloody get it"
    Forum Member
    They Money Shop and other such loan ads

"Yes the bank wouldn't lend you the money because they know as do we you can't afford to pay it back so we will lend it to you make you pay back at least twice as much and then when you can't we will hound you take you to court and ruin your life"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually kinda like the Tesco ads, for not using horrid twee covers and for using marginally less '50s family set-ups, unlike ASDA. That ASDA ad makes me want to kill. People who think it's sexist "against men" need their head checked. The reason "mum is behind every great Christmas" is because she is in the home, in the domestic sphere, cooking and cleaning and nurturing, while the bloke is too busy doing important man stuff in the public sphere e.g. working and providing. Same goes for the Littlewoods advert with the presents, and all the Boots adverts. It's the exact same bullshit gender roles, not "women getting their own back" or "damn feminists taking things too far." :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres an advert for a betting company (can't remember which one) which is particularly annoying. Its with a guy sat in a pub watching a football game deciding whether to cancel a bet whilst a voiceover says "will he, won't he" every three seconds for what seems like ages. The voiceover gets so annoying and the advert doesn't make betting look appealing either - who would sit staring at their phone instead of actually watching the game?

The Victor one with the nutter in a cowboy hat who wants to go to Vegas..Byeeee,,,
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should really do a ad where it says "Yes I can afford Infinity but like most places I can't bloody get it"

£34.00 per month after the first 3 months (£24), before you use the phone! BTW 18 month tie in.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littlewoods - "This is for AJ's mum" says little girl with Samsung Galaxy SIII. Those cost like £400, how can a little kid afford that?!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed at the end of the advert, the guy in the grave stone costume gets in the way of the girl in the devil costume, her face is almost disgusted, as in 'How dare an extra get in my way' :D
    Forum Member
    Littlewoods - "This is for AJ's mum" says little girl with Samsung Galaxy SIII. Those cost like £400, how can a little kid afford that?!

She can't her mum is the one to get a surprise when her Littlewoods bill comes through
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else noticed at the end of the advert, the guy in the grave stone costume gets in the way of the girl in the devil costume, her face is almost disgusted, as in 'How dare an extra get in my way' :D

Just re-watched it (again!) to see this and you're right! Hilarious stuff. She really does look pretty peeved, just before the ad ends.

But really BT, get a shift on with a Christmas one already! Actually, no, don't. It'll no doubt be even bloody worse! And we'll be seeing the same advert through to February... Then a Valentine's Day one till May... a Summer one till November...
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure the Christmas one will be with us soon.

And then remain on air until easter.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I like the 70's Rod Stewart songs.

This Michael Bubblehead fella is a different matter though he is shite.

One of mum's favourite Rod Stewart songs is Sailing. I saw a few minutes of some "audience with Michael Buble" type show once and I thought he sounded awful so I quickly turned it off. I don't see the appeal of Buble at all. Who's buying his music?
    iamsofired wrote: »
    TK Maxx's hipster christmas ad is painfully at odds with the rails of 10 year old, faded, tat they sell judging by the Cardiff branch.

My local one is always full of tat as well. And the place is so disorganised! Everything is everywhere. In my local one the shoe department is always messed up and looks ravaged.
This discussion has been closed.