LINK

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dave Lister said not to see it
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks absolutely dreadful...cannot believe of all people they cast Danny Dire in the main role.

I saw the play a few times in the 90's with different casts, usually with classic old English comedy actors like Richard Briers, Terry Scott, Eric Sykes, Bernard Cribbins, among others. A very typical Ray Cooney farce, but very good of it's type...but it needs a good cast in the lead roles to make it work...Danny Dire? Neil Morrisey? Denise Van Outen?

Ray Cooney is actually co directing, so I am surprised at the casting.

However, he has at least got some of the old school in the supporting cast, like Briers, Lionel Blair, Jeffrey Holland, Barry Cryer, Christopher Biggins, and even Judi Dench, Cliff Richard and Rolf Harris..though I get the impression they are going to be walk-on/cameo roles.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danny Dyer playing a cockney pillock...

Can he stretch his acting abilities that far?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Danny Dyer playing a cockney pillock...

Can he stretch his acting abilities that far?

He's always awful in anything, but all he has ever done is sworn and shouted a lot, and thumped people...of all the people to choose for the pivotal comedy role of the husband...!!!
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    This reminds me of those Confessions and Adventures films from the 70's. Especially adventures of a taxi driver.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like good fun, may go and see it as A Good Day to Die Hard, out on the same day will probably be mobbed.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film has taken a paltry £747 (yes, £747) in its first 4 days of release!:eek:

I would say that is embarrassing, but embarrassing might sue me for defamation of character.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    ^ £747 might be wishful thinking. £602 according to the Indie. :D

Not that it matters of course. It'll hit the £3 Asda racks soon enough.

Plus ca change etc.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Erghh. Danny Dyer is, well...dire

:sleep:
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Destined to join Sex Lives of the Potato Men as one of the worst British films ever.

The only thing farcical about this film is the box office takings!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why on earth have they made this ?

I always hated these farces , at least the Confessions films had some t&a .
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    This film has taken a paltry £747 (yes, £747) in its first 4 days of release!:eek:

I would say that is embarrassing, but embarrassing might sue me for defamation of character.

I suspect Mark Kermode's review is significantly funnier then the actual film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJY4GVP7KE
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ £747 might be wishful thinking. £602 according to the Indie. :D

Not that it matters of course. It'll hit the £3 Asda racks soon enough.

Plus ca change etc.
    The most shocking thing about this figure is that a film starring Danny Dyer even made it into cimemas in the first place.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind Danny Dyer , he can act , but he does make a lot of dross , he was good on Buzzcocks , they ripped the piss out of him and he took it well .
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is an article about the film.
    I was here because, at the last count, the film had taken a staggering £747 at the UK box office. Granted, it was only playing in about four cinemas in the London suburbs, but given the average price of a cinema ticket these days, you realise that's really quite remarkably shit. IMDb claims that the film had a budget of around £2.5 million, which means that – at this rate – it would have to show for another 3,347 weeks to break even. Which is about another 65 years. Judging by the look of the rest of audience, they don't really have that kind of time to spare.
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    For a moment I thought it might be down as Richard Briers last piece of work...but going with wiki and imdb they have it second to last with Cockneys and Zombies down as his last - I will go with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really cannot understand how any person who decided to invest money to make this film ever thought they would see a return on their investment...I can only assume the filmakers got them very drunk and made them sign the cheques.

I mean come on...it's an outdated farce that may work on stage, but very, very rarely works on screen...one of the worst actors of all time in the lead role and worse still...a man known for playing hard man roles and nothing else, and they choose him as the lead role in a comedy? Plus low rent actors like Morrissey and Van Outen, and cameos by a bunch of (largely) has-beens.

If the intention was to make one of the worst british films of all time, and attain a record for the lowest box office ever, well then I take my hat off to them...or should that be trousers...whoops!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From someone on twitter:

(RFYW)...is now the last credit in the careers of Richard Briers, Frank Thornton AND Bill Pertwee. Plenty of other old folk in it - WHO WILL IT KILL NEXT?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear this film is absolutley dreadful

I don't think Danny Dyer actually reads the script for any of his films because about 90 per cent of everything he has done has been total trash.

I am surprised he hasn't ended up in something where other awful actors tend to go, like Hollyoaks or Doctors.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a I can't find my trousers, oh no the vicar/angry husband/aged aunts at the door farce? not seen one of those in a long time.
    Forum Member
    I hear this film is absolutley dreadful

I don't think Danny Dyer actually reads the script for any of his films because about 90 per cent of everything he has done has been total trash.

I am surprised he hasn't ended up in something where other awful actors tend to go, like Hollyoaks or Doctors.
    He was quite honest about his film choices on Chatty Man. He admitted that he made a lot of dross but did it for the money.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    He was quite honest about his film choices on Chatty Man. He admitted that he made a lot of dross but did it for the money.

A master of the bleedin obvious aint he? Is there no beginning to his talents?
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure some bigger stars would defend their film choices and try to claim that the projects were full of good intentions.

Atleast there was no bullshit with his answer.