WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
So we have the four girls remaining....

Amber
Angie
Candice
Kree

Could we see a shock elimination of Candice leaving? The best vocalist on the show?

Or will Amber, a bottom 2 regular, be going home?

Interesting song choices this week (but Angie...a Jessie J song...AGAIN...one you have ALREADY sung....and Amber...wot?) Candice singing Drake!? How will THAT work?

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get a slight hunch that Randy would rather like to see Amber in the final...:p
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thought on the night...

Amber - Good vocally, but both performances absolutely bored me. So much. The praise from the judges for her is completely OTT. She doesn't connect with me at all.

Angie - For the love of god. It's so bloody annoying how everything she sings now sounds exactly the same. Singing Jessie J again, really? Can she do anything else? Urgh.

Kree - Now...i actually really liked her, properly, for the first time! Thought her choices were good, and thought the judges were quite harsh.

Candice - Not her best, but still manages to make it look much easier than the others. Her 'guilty pleasure' song was kind of boring, but her arrangement of the Drake song was absolutely beautiful i thought.

Overall rankings - and i am taking everything into account....Connection, Artistry...etc...

1) Candice
    2) Kree
    3) Amber
    4) Angie

Candice and Angie's duet was amazing, it shows how far ahead Candice is, compared to Angie. Also - Candice being ill and she STILL sounds great, wow. I just love this girl.
    I think it's very clear that Angie's vocals aren't as good as the other 3 now....and....i would prefer it if Amber was to go, but i think Angie SHOULD go. However, after last nights performances i think Candice will leave. Kree will get a big rebound vote after being in bottom 2. Amber will get the people that listen to the judges voting for her. Angie has a big fanbase, who love her no matter of what she sings, so Candice will probably leave. I think that it will be a complete travesty if she does.

I think the judges are being so ridiculous. Favouring Angie when she is on the piano - what the. 'Nobody can compare' I think you will find, everyone else is better (overall) in the competition. Also, the praise for Amber (yes im mentioning it again) is absolutely over the top. It's actually hilarious. It puts me off voting for her even when she delivers amazing performances. Why do they love her so much? So ridiculous.

^ thoughts on the night. In spoiler cause i dont want to ruin it.
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noone watching tonight? o.O

my top 2 for tonight were angie & kree, i thought candice seemed to lose her form with every song tonight :confused: and although amber sounded unusually good with her 1st song (soft ballad suited her thin voice) her weakness showed through in her 2nd song with off-key shreiking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very quiet this week. I'm watching now on my PVR.

Thoughts on first songs.
    Angie - very good song choice. Very glamorous!
    Candice - what was that? I wasn't wowed by it.
    Kree - didn't like the song choice. I like her but I'm get frustrated that she never seems to move me.
    Angie - is playing a smart game here. Really defining herself as an artist rather than being in a 'singing competition'.

My first song order: Angie, Amber, Candice, Kree
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie definitely won the night for me, I don't think she was the best vocally, but she gave the most emotion and seemed the most like an artist.
    Amber was great on her first song but I thought her second song was a poor choice and I thought the judges praise was very over the top, I agreed with Jimmy's comments on the performance.
    This was a really poor night for Candice, she needs to live up to lovesong and neither of her song choices came close tonight.
    I loved Kree at the start of top 10 but she seems to have lost her spark in the last couple of weeks. She needs to really consider her song choices carefully.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i seem to say this every week but I must be missing something about amber as she was distinctly average imo. can her song choices get any cornier , power of love and mcarthur park after singing without you last week. shes singing tired old songs that are so karaoke its unbelievable but keeps getting rave reviews from the judges. standing ovations for those performances , really ?

Candice vocally again is great but I just hate the songs she is singing, I can tell she has a great voice but the genre she is doing maybe just isn't my thing.

kree was boring tonight , nothing else really to say.

angie has been my favourite all along so i'm probably a bit biased but thought she blew them all away tonight. think it was keith that said a few weeks ago he judges performances based on goosebumps and she is the only one that has done that to me consistently.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i seem to say this every week but I must be missing something about amber as she was distinctly average imo. can her song choices get any cornier , power of love and mcarthur park after singing without you last week. shes singing tired old songs that are so karaoke its unbelievable but keeps getting rave reviews from the judges. standing ovations for those performances , really ?

Candice vocally again is great but I just hate the songs she is singing, I can tell she has a great voice but the genre she is doing maybe just isn't my thing.

kree was boring tonight , nothing else really to say.

angie has been my favourite all along so i'm probably a bit biased but thought she blew them all away tonight. think it was keith that said a few weeks ago he judges performances based on goosebumps and she is the only one that has done that to me consistently.

I liked Amber to begin with but this week her choices were rubbish, I thought the start of the power of love was fab, but Angie definitely stole the show for me, I had liked Angie until top 10 and she started dropping down for me with a few poor song choices and I had her below Candice, Kree and Amber, but the last two weeks she's the only one who seems to have come out fighting and showing that she wants to win rather than just performing a nice song. I don't feel light Kree has shown that fight for a few weeks and I think Candice is struggling to live up to her performance 2 weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber was best (this week) Kree was the worst. The results show p*ssed me off. What a cop out.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Result show spoilers:
    Top 2: Angie and Kree
    Bottom 2: Candice and Amber
    Voted out: No one. All votes this week will be combined with next week's votes, due to the judges not using the save, therefore gaining an extra week :rolleyes:
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber - really great voice but awful song choice - judges over reactions mean she think's she's doing ok but she won't win. (Edit - great looking girl but no personality doesn't help)

Kree - what on earth was she thinking of doing WSOP - totally wrong song choice at this stage, didn't know her first choice but perhaps Americans do - she didn't shine last night.

Candice - does anyone know Oleta Adams? cos she sounds just like her - again - great voice but too conservative, love her jazz stylings though.

Angie - easily the most interesting singer left, boundless energy and I feel the emotion she gives - I think she will win (I said that to my wife 2 weeks ago so this isn't a recent prediction based on last night)
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    Angie definitely won the night for me, I don't think she was the best vocally, but she gave the most emotion and seemed the most like an artist.
    Amber was great on her first song but I thought her second song was a poor choice and I thought the judges praise was very over the top, I agreed with Jimmy's comments on the performance.
    This was a really poor night for Candice, she needs to live up to lovesong and neither of her song choices came close tonight.
    I loved Kree at the start of top 10 but she seems to have lost her spark in the last couple of weeks. She needs to really consider her song choices carefully.

Bit in bold - What? Angie has been the best vocalist from the start. And she definitely was the best on top 4 night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Amber was best (this week) Kree was the worst. The results show p*ssed me off. What a cop out.

I meant Angie was the best. Sorry guys x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    Result show spoilers:
    Top 2: Angie and Kree
    Bottom 2: Candice and Amber
    Voted out: No one. All votes this week will be combined with next week's votes, due to the judges not using the save, therefore gaining an extra week :rolleyes:

Spoilers just in case...
    I've just seen this.. I suspected it would be no one going home. What I don't understand is why there is an "extra" week. When the save is used, the next week two people are supposed to go home to make up for no one going home the week before. So there shouldn't be an extra week if the save is not used as people will be eliminated as normal. That was the whole point of the save when it was first introduced. I don't get the extra week thing at all, it now seems to be the save has to be used and only one person goes home the week after the save is used. This is why the save should be scrapped. Go back to the normal voting rules.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Spoilers just in case...
    I've just seen this.. I suspected it would be no one going home. What I don't understand is why there is an "extra" week. When the save is used, the next week two people are supposed to go home to make up for no one going home the week before. So there shouldn't be an extra week if the save is not used as people will be eliminated as normal. That was the whole point of the save when it was first introduced. I don't get the extra week thing at all, it now seems to be the save has to be used and only one person goes home the week after the save is used. This is why the save should be scrapped. Go back to the normal voting rules.
    It's just very bad planning, they should have just had a top 11 or 12
  • JauntyMontyJauntyMonty Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Spoilers just in case...
    Presumably this year they decided that when they used the save they would only have one exit the week after. The problem is they haven't used the save (though actually they effectively did this week). I think the producers of the show want Amber to win (she's good but the plaudits she's getting from the judges are way over the top). Because she's been close to going home a couple of times they've been wary of using the save for anyone else - they've been keeping the save for her.

What worries me is that last nights decision wasn't planned and only happened because Amber was bottom of the pile. Had she been safe I wonder if they would have rolled the non-elimination over into next week.

They are all excellent singers but no one shone and and the only song choices I enjoyed came from Kree. Ambers choices were horrible and she was nowhere near as good as the judges made out. Angie was good but I think the judges were OTT with the praise for her Jessie J cover. Candice, normally the best singer, had a mediocre night which her cold can't be entirely blamed for.

For me 1 Kree, 2 Angie, 3 Candice, 4 Amber
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really bad. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing so will try to be careful. There was a deffo girl that shouldve gone last night. You know who, I cant believe whos voting when shes getting more votes! She's good but not a worldwide superstar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably this year they decided that when they used the save they would only have one exit the week after. The problem is they haven't used the save (though actually they effectively did this week). I think the producers of the show want Amber to win (she's good but the plaudits she's getting from the judges are way over the top). Because she's been close to going home a couple of times they've been wary of using the save for anyone else - they've been keeping the save for her.

What worries me is that last nights decision wasn't planned and only happened because Amber was bottom of the pile. Had she been safe I wonder if they would have rolled the non-elimination over into next week.

They are all excellent singers but no one shone and and the only song choices I enjoyed came from Kree. Ambers choices were horrible and she was nowhere near as good as the judges made out. Angie was good but I think the judges were OTT with the praise for her Jessie J cover. Candice, normally the best singer, had a mediocre night which her cold can't be entirely blamed for.

For me 1 Kree, 2 Angie, 3 Candice, 4 Amber

Kree number 1? I think she's great but shes picking such crap songs and wears awful clothes.
  • JauntyMontyJauntyMonty Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Clothes don't come into my ranking... and its not as if they have complete choice over what they get to wear anyway. I've read a number of times where someone has been given something different to wear at the last minute. Also often they don't have much choice song wise either.

I liked Krees choices this week. There was a nice contrast to her selections. WSOP is an amazing song. I didn't like her choices last week but that was last week.

Its not as if any of the others did that well with song choice this week. Angie's were ok but Candice's didn't work and Amber chose awful songs (again).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a shite song! o.O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha no surprises there at all! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Its really bad. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing so will try to be careful. There was a deffo girl that shouldve gone last night. You know who, I cant believe whos voting when shes getting more votes! She's good but not a worldwide superstar.
    who ?
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    noone watching tonight? o.O

Probably plenty watching but they don't know this forum exists on DS, seeing as the powers that be have done their best to hide it.:(
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody agree with me that Angie is the spitting image of the girl who plays Maria on Coronation Street?
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, Angie's version was not a patch on the Jessie J cover. However, although not the best singer, she does give some of the best performances at times.

As for Candice - best singer of the 4 but unfortunately her song choices and performances this week have let her down and she really needs to up her game or pull something out the bag like she did several weeks ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »

I agree, Angie's version was not a patch on the Jessie J cover. However, although not the best singer, she does give some of the best performances at times.

As for Candice - best singer of the 4 but unfortunately her song choices and performances this week have let her down and she really needs to up her game or pull something out the bag like she did several weeks ago.

Does Ryan Seacrest think that people are really thick? I mean you go look up previous years of the show and you'll see there is no "extra" week when the save is used. And to make up for no one going when it is used two people are sent home the next week so actually meaning there is one less week going by the "when save is used now we only send one home the week after" thing they have going on now. And well the judges didn't use their save but they effectively did it anyway. What an insult. If they wanted to have that "extra" week then they should have had a top 12. Having a top 12 would have made the save get rid of two people the week after work. Or a top 11 if they wanted to do the only send one home next week thing.

Truth is the save is just a gimmick that the show doesn't need. If the person doesn't get the votes then they should be sent home. It is a competition and you need votes. If you mess up or the viewers do not vote for you then accept it.

Now back to Angie. She is the best vocalist on the show and Candice is 2nd just to clarify. Angie is by far the best and she has never been in the bottom 2 or 3 which says a lot.