Which movie did you watch on Christmas Day?

Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I ended up watching the highly festive movie Hostage starring Bruce Willis.

Comments

• thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Monsters vs Aliens earlier today and just finished watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    half of miracle on 34th street, shrek, the grinch and love actually
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation On Bluray. Would'nt be christmas without it:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    inbetweeners movie
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    None but I watched Home Alone 2 Lost In New York yesterday.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I treated myself to "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes" this evening and really enojyed it.

It's certainly set up for a sequal if ever a saw one.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jingle All The Way, and then it went on a break and my brother put on Monsters Vs. Aliens which was quite good, despite falling asleep every now and again :p
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Monsters vs Aliens on TV, Thor on disc.

Preferred the latter.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caught a bit of Big. Lot of channel hoping xmas day!
  • HotasfireHotasfire Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    TBH i was a bit let down with the offering this year:(

I watched Narnia 3 last night...It was ok.

Xmas day, i watched Deathly Hallows Part 1...Very plodding movie...Not a lot of excitement but still, bring on the last part:)

Watched the soaps...All were awful...Doctor Who was awful.....Ab Fab was disappointing.... LOL can anyone see a pattern?

Hopefully Boxing Day will be different...Wanna watch Rise of the Apes:)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" on DVD, and "The King's Speech" on Sky
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotasfire wrote: »
    Xmas day, i watched Deathly Hallows Part 1...Very plodding movie...Not a lot of excitement but still, bring on the last part:)

I think it's the best Harry Potter film, probably even better than Part 2. It's meant to slow as it's meant to build up to the big finale of Part 2. Part 1 is all about character and atmosphere.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The princess Bride and Bambi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch anything - I was with my family and the TV was turned off. The only thing I did see was a few minutes of cars 2 which Scubamonkey Jr had on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992). Enjoy it very much.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,191
    Forum Member
    Home Alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched It's a Wonderful Life on Sky Anytime and a bit of Ratatouille in the afternoon.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MONSTERS AND ALIENS (while eating my xmas dinner) and WATCHMEN (on my sisters bigscreen tv :cool: )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Snowman for me. And as per, got a bit emotional during Walking in the air. While I love the family spirit, gifts (which I love loads) and the dinner, the Snowman is just the icing on the cake, it tops its off and makes the day complete
  • davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I think it's the best Harry Potter film, probably even better than Part 2. It's meant to slow as it's meant to build up to the big finale of Part 2. Part 1 is all about character and atmosphere.

I watched both parts yesterday - first time I'd seen either. Yes the first part is meant to be fairly slow and set the scene for Part 2, which I thought was by far the best of all the Harry Potter films. Brilliant special effects and the most emotional parts of the story captured and portrayed perfectly.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratatouille.:D
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Home Alone. Generic I know, but lets face it, if you have your extended family round on Xmas there is only so many films that everyone will enjoy at least a little bit.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Tangled on ITV.

Though I incorrectly assumed Anne Hathaway did the voice for Rapunzel until the end credits. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotasfire wrote: »
    TBH i was a bit let down with the offering this year:(

I watched Narnia 3 last night...It was ok.

Watched the soaps...All were awful...Doctor Who was awful.....Ab Fab was disappointing.... LOL can anyone see a pattern?

Hopefully Boxing Day will be different...Wanna watch Rise of the Apes:)

I really enjoyed Dr Who today. It's definitely one of their best Xmas specials so far IMHO :)
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,690
    Forum Member
    Hugo and Mission Impossible 4 on Sky Anytime. Enjoyed them both, but neither was as good as I'd been lead to believe. Six or seven out of ten for both.

Regards

Mark