Kelly Rowland's New Single - 'Kisses Down Low'

MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
Forum Member
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/01/song-3/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

What do you guys think?

Only played it twice so far, but I quite like it. Only thing is I don't really see it making an impact, which she really needs to do to get some hype with the new album. I see it more as an album track to be honest.

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Is this another song about sex? Can't listen to it right now
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I wonder what this song is about ;)
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Kelly does like her sexy songs ;)

I think it's good, I'd like her to have another urban hit like Motivation but it doesn't seem to be happen. She needs to step up the promotion game, Ice fizzled out and the video took too long and there was no promo for it. That's seems to be her problem, promotion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She still trying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been churning out dance crap for years. Her album sales have been a disaster since the release of her second album because no one connects with her outside of Destiny's Child or Nelly. Simple truth, as a solo artist she's only worth a few dodgy tracks aimed at teenagers (with the exception of Stole & Work).

Motivation is probably the best direction for her.
    Forum Member
    I think with the right dance songs she can do well. Like Commander and When Love Takes Over, big choruses and big vocals. She just needs to go hard with the Promo. I mean even with Motivation there was only 1 TV performance of it (apart from the BET Awards), so she needs to get out there with her material.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kelly Rowland is a talented artist who has put out some great records away from Destiny's Child however this latest song just sounds 'average' and 'throw - away', her last few records have all started to sound the same... it's time Kelly reinvented her sound and made an impact!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's not bad but her older singles were better.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if her releasing something like Stole would do anything for her?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A song about oral sex...and she still manages to make it sound completely dull:sleep: She just can't pull off "sexy" songs.
    A career change would be good for Kelly. No one is here for her solo stuff.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this tune... GO KELLY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Commander was a brilliant track, everything else has just seems to have lyrics about sex to make up for any quality.

And what is with the blokes voice slowed down, I thought there was a fault with my computer?
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    A song about oral sex...and she still manages to make it sound completely dull:sleep: She just can't pull off "sexy" songs.

I thik she can, she did in Motivation.

After playing this song a few more times I'm really feeling it, still not convinced it'll do much on the charts though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    This is a great song and could easily be a smash with the urban audience. I love the way the beat builds. It's up to Kelly with this one though she will have to learn to do some promotion this time around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love dance Kelly, Commander is still such a great song, so authoritative and playful! When Love Takes Over is brilliant too, I think it's my favourite Guetta produced song. Kelly's voice just soars brilliantly on it. I do love a bit of R&B Kelly too, Motivation is perfect. I didn't like Ice at all, after multiple listens just doesn't work for me!

Anyway onto this actual song, I quite like this. The production is a tad dated but it's enjoyable enough, not sure if it's strong enough to lead an album campaign with. Given the time Kelly's been working on this record, I expected stronger material! Safe to say I definitely like this more than the other song this same producer made, Number One...thought that was a borefest lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Kelly thinks about anything apart from sex? These songs are becoming very samey!
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to focus on her dance sound, and just experiment within the EDM spectrum. It just works for her, and she can still have crossover R&B hits (Motivation for example has elements of EDM, especially the Diplo version --> https://vimeo.com/21956903), and pop hits, plus something new.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I've got a feeling this might be bigger than Motivatiion in the US...and that was pretty big
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    She still trying?

Trying for what? She's in the top 10 most successful female urban singers in the world right now. She's accomplished a huge amount.
    Makson wrote: »

Are you not aware of how massive Motivation was? Even 18 months later, I still hear it all the time when I go clubbing, and this is in the UK, I shudder to think how big it was in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can think of, when I'm listening to Kisses Down Low is Ciara's song 'Ride' from a few years ago.
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Maybe AMELIA LILY might write her a nice song if she begs her for forgiveness.
    Forum Member
    redlight79 wrote: »
    All I can think of, when I'm listening to Kisses Down Low is Ciara's song 'Ride' from a few years ago.

Ah man, I LOVED Ride! Such a good song. :) I think Kisses Down Low sounds quite different though imo.

Ride by Ciara actually reminded me a lot of Ayo Technology by 50 Cent.
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    She needs to focus on her dance sound, and just experiment within the EDM spectrum. It just works for her, and she can still have crossover R&B hits (Motivation for example has elements of EDM, especially the Diplo version --> https://vimeo.com/21956903), and pop hits, plus something new.

Have you heard Kelly's song Lay It On Me? That's a perfect pop/urban crossover hit imo, and has loads of synths in it.

The urban community have actually been heavily incorporating EDM into their songs since 2003 though, that's how it ended up dominating in the mid-00s, because most of the pop stars ended up doing guitar-pop to cater to the adult contemporary audience, and then the urban artists took over and did the synth-heavy songs. Yeah! by Usher was the main one that kicked it off, but there were a few before that.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like!
    Forum Member
    I remember when there was the idea going round of her releasing an urban album for the US audience and a dance album for the UK. I liked the idea at first, but not quite sure it'd work. I mean there are dance songs that do well in the US so would be a shame just to keep them for UK fans, but it's just that R&B songs don't do well here so nobody would be interested in that. I guess it depends what market she's interested in more.
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I remember when there was the idea going round of her releasing an urban album for the US audience and a dance album for the UK. I liked the idea at first, but not quite sure it'd work. I mean there are dance songs that do well in the US so would be a shame just to keep them for UK fans, but it's just that R&B songs don't do well here so nobody would be interested in that. I guess it depends what market she's interested in more.

Dance songs do MUCH, MUCH better in the US than R&B songs. An R&B song hasn't gone top 10 in the US in over 12 months (although that will change in a couple of days when Justin Timberlake's new song charts).

In the UK, we've actually had a fair few urban songs make top 10 in the past 12 months, certainly many more than the US had.