xenius tv remote code

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
hi all, found this site trying to sort my new tv out.

i am trying to set the code on my sky remote to control the volume etc on my xenius tv, but i cant find any listing for the code.

ive tried the self learn thing, where you press a few buttons, enter 990 then 1,2,3 and count the flashes in turn, but the code it gives me, wont be accepted.

any ideas please if i can do this? for some reason, this is annoying me more than you can imagine

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Is that the Asda one? If so, mine uses code 0471

If not, post the exact model number!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    hi, no it's not from asda.

i tried your number anyway with no joy.

i cant actually find a model number, not on the book, the tv or the receipt, just says 32" lcd tv.

thanks for your reply though mate, very good of you

just to check, im pressing tv, then select and red till 2 flashes. then press tv, the code, select and thats it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xenius LCDX32W67
    Widescreen LCD - Twin Tuner - Picture In Picture with Double Screen Feature - Nicam Stereo - Virtual Surround Sound - Child Lock - Teletext (1000 Page Memory) - 2 Scart Sockets - Swivel & Tilt Stand - HDMI Connectivity
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    What revision of sky remote have you got?
    Forum Member
    Xenius LCDX32W67
    Widescreen LCD - Twin Tuner - Picture In Picture with Double Screen Feature - Nicam Stereo - Virtual Surround Sound - Child Lock - Teletext (1000 Page Memory) - 2 Scart Sockets - Swivel & Tilt Stand - HDMI Connectivity

thats the one, dont suppose you have the code aswell do you ?
    Forum Member
    What revision of sky remote have you got?

I have no idea my friend, how do i find out?

to look at, its white or light grey in color angled top to it centre select button and 4 arrow buttons around that

not sure if that helps, but thanks for your reply
  • ExskyengineerExskyengineer Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be underneath the battery cover
    Forum Member
    It will be underneath the battery cover

it says sky rev. 6
    Forum Member
    anyone able to help ???

pleaaaaaaaaaaaase
    Forum Member
    I got my sky box about 2 months ago and my remote control is revision 8, when they bring out new revisions they add support for more tv's.

All can suggest is try all the codes, quite often a code from another make will work, eg: my LG tv uses a philips code.

Also another thought, have you tried the sky customer zone on the interactive I beleive there is something on there for setting sky remote to control tv.
    Forum Member
    No one then ?

Do i win a prize for finding the question no one knows the answer too then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can cure your problem buy a Sony tv the code is default on the remote 0000. :)
    There sorted

Darren
    Forum Member
    does anyone know for any other sites i can ask about this ?

its really annoying and it seems no one else here knows either, so i cant be the only one its annoying lol
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried the manufacturers - many of the smaller manufacturers have codes from the larger manufacturers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try codes for Goodmans, Hitachi or Phillips
    Its a long shot but might work.

Darren
    Forum Member
    Also try code for daewoo (0092)
    Forum Member
    none of the above has worked.

are there any other sites i can ask in? as no one here seems to have come across this before
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Hi have you tried here on this website it might help

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode2.htm

good luck
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh but we have come across this problem before - many, many times.

The plethora of new technologies and new Brands hitting the Market means that not only are Sky Remote Telecommanders always lagging behind in the compatibility stakes, but that specific public domain information is hard to come by.

The only sensible advice is to ensure you acquire a latest Revision Remote and that you try Codes for some of the well known Brands.

On occasion, people succeed and then Post the relevant Code here, but the whole issue is a mess.

Of course, it is always a good idea to check compatibility issues before buying, but I'd have to say Sky Remote Codes are not an issue which tends to be at the forefront of one's thoughts when on the verge of parting with the readies.

Are Importer/Agent Contact details published in the Instruction Manual? If so, try them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all,
    This is my first post so please be patient with me. I know it is a while since this thread was started and you have probably found a solution to the sky codes dilemma. However, if you haven't then here it is - Do a google search on Lexsor ( who are the manufacturer of the Xenius tv) and go to their website. Go to the FAQ page and you will find all the info you need about this set and sky codes.
    I have just aquired one of these sets with a cracked screen and am wondering if it is worth laying out £325 on a new panel. Can someone please tell me just how good or bad this set is to help me decide. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Radionut wrote: »
    Hi all,
    This is my first post so please be patient with me. I know it is a while since this thread was started and you have probably found a solution to the sky codes dilemma. However, if you haven't then here it is - Do a google search on Lexsor ( who are the manufacturer of the Xenius tv) and go to their website. Go to the FAQ page and you will find all the info you need about this set and sky codes.
    I have just aquired one of these sets with a cracked screen and am wondering if it is worth laying out £325 on a new panel. Can someone please tell me just how good or bad this set is to help me decide. Thanks.

hello radionut,
    i have owned a 37in xenuis LCD for some time now and found the performance to be adequate but on the downside the is no direct sound out for a external amp other than the scart sockets 1/2 so if your using these sockets for sky/cable, DVD, video you will need some sort of brake-out box for the sound input to amp,(the sound is a little lacking in bass!)or upgrade the speakers as the connections are external no amp required then!!.:cool:
    hdmi socket picture is 1080i,720p, 480p,576i, fantastic,
    but on the terrestrial side the picture can be a little milky (common problem on some LCD sets) rate 8/10 good solid electronics pic in pic is good fun. and digi set top box £10 as no digi tuner inbuilt to consider
    PS thank for info on Lexsor site info invaluable sky code 1224 worked for me:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    T-pot wrote: »
    thats the one, dont suppose you have the code aswell do you ?

code for mine is 584:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I know this is an old post, but I've just received our Xenius television today and the code 0065 worked fine for me. I hope this can help someone else.

:D