BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 43)

Comments

• honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    Well I just read that and now im faintly annoyed at the wasted time reading her . If I could ask her one thing it would be " WTF is WRONG with you " ? . :(

She would say nothing ;)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    The whole article was about what A.A.Gill said.

What has it got to do with her.
    Plus the reply from the woman in question was that men don't like clever women.
    Rubbish

Reminds me of this sketch from The Fast Show, very funny :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always find that screws walloped into walls in place of nails are even better. Especially delivered with a cast iron pan.
    :D:D
    That works for me too sometimes, not using a cast iron pan tho'.
    Afternoon any and all .
    Afternoon acker. :D
    I am amazed.

For sale i suppose they have to go by the book.
    You just guess, i guess.

Wrong again
    A Wok is supposed to have all it's outer shell within an intense heat, if you look at a Wok stove in a Chinese Kitchen the heat comes from fire or gas jets within a hole that is just smaller than the size of the Wok and the Wok is under intense heat all the time.

We use a Wok on a Gas Stove which is only a fraction of the heat and width of flame, I have a Wok Gas Ring in the middle of my Stove which gives off a lot of heat using a few gas rings, but it can't give the real amount of heat that would be required for a professional Chinese Kitchen.

I'm easily parted from my money when it helps me have a happy time in the kitchen.:D

It was made for Melon, whats it got to do with cheese
    You are suppose to use a wire cheese cutter for cheese, not a knife.

You've just been lucky, but these days we need to be safe.:D

Another one who's been lucky so far.:D

You know the old saying, it's better to be safe than sorry.

You should use a probe for all food that need cooking to a safe temperature.

Accidents will happen.

we can supply O/H's at quite a cheap price on here, but only during May.

This Nearly is not a good thing, but Nearly is a better percentage than 100%

That annoys me as well, hate lending tools out.
    Exactly, we'll never eliminate accidents.

Maybe it's just as well the knife is blunt, but if it was sharp she may not need so much force, but she needs her H&S refreshing.:D
    Why do they sell cheese knives then? :rolleyes:

But they shouldn't........at least not in Hicky's world. But when they do it's ll down to the 'materials' moving or some such thing. :p

You're Ok, I'll pass on that thanks. :D
    Forum Member

Wrong again
    A Wok is supposed to have all it's outer shell within an intense heat, if you look at a Wok stove in a Chinese Kitchen the heat comes from fire or gas jets within a hole that is just smaller than the size of the Wok and the Wok is under intense heat all the time.

We use a Wok on a Gas Stove which is only a fraction of the heat and width of flame, I have a Wok Gas Ring in the middle of my Stove which gives off a lot of heat using a few gas rings, but it can't give the real amount of heat that would be required for a professional Chinese Kitchen.
    Stick your probe (or whatever you have handy ;)) on the wok and if its a carbon steel one you will find it varies in temperature. (mine is cast iron)
    What do you think the racks are for if not for keeping warm? propping up your playboy?
    This explains...http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4744146_a-wok-work.html

I'm easily parted from my money when it helps me have a happy time in the kitchen.:D
    A fool and his money are soon parted :D

It was made for Melon, whats it got to do with cheese
    You are suppose to use a wire cheese cutter for cheese, not a knife.
    When does melon stick to the knife? The non stick part shortens the life of the knife and is pointless.

Supposed to use a cheese cutter? Dont be daft. What do you think these are?http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cheese+knife+pic&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aCuhT9alBur44QSyovizCQ&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=848&bih=597
    You know the old saying, it's better to be safe than sorry.

You should use a probe for all food that need cooking to a safe temperature.

Should? Who says?
    I can assure you that the probe tells me nothing about safety.
    I can tell the temperature of the oven with my hand and i know fine well what cooked meat looks like thank you very much so i suggest you find another use for your probe. :p
    Maybe it's just as well the knife is blunt, but if it was sharp she may not need so much force, but she needs her H&S refreshing.:D

A blunt knife is more dangerous but it sounds like Ma Balders was peeling the spuds in the way that millions of women have done for centuries with few accidents.

If you rely on your probe to tell you if the meat is safe you could be poisoned if it develops a fault. Very dangerous. You need your health and safety refreshing. :D
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can’t use a wok on an Aga.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

:confused: Why not?
    Forum Member
    So people can say how dreadful she is and then feel better about themselves.

“Reality” tv producers use the same trick. On the simplest level CDWM invariably has a mispronunciation session as the diners reads the menu, it gives the viewers an opportunity to feel smug about their own superior pronunciation skills.

No. I most definitely don't "feel better about myself" when i laugh at the ridiculous brick, nor do i have any particular insecurities about my looks.
    Sometimes things are just funny. :)
    Forum Member

I think you can, with care.
    Aga even make their own....http://www.amazon.co.uk/AG297-Aga-Hard-Anodised-Wok/dp/B0002X77EW
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive spent a bit of time on Newcastle forums over the past day or two, it was ok they were pretty funny I liked it there ..I also went to Red Cafe Man U forums but I felt a bit " dirty " . It was the worst kind of voyeurism but it was like Civil War in there ...even Sir Alex wasnt being spared :eek:...couldnt get away quick enough though really . Im never going back , not even to laugh at them .

Get sick of the same endless myths about toon fans. The most common been we expect to win a trophy every year, no we expect to be like Devom Loch. We just think for the size our fanbase and income we should have had a few in the cabinet in the last 40 years.Villa, forest, City, and dozens of other non regular top six have won trophys since we last did:(
    Reminds me of this sketch from The Fast Show, very funny :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Women do what you are told :)

Khan you not:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :confused: Why not?

Only heat at the bottom and none up the sides. Nothing to prevent you putting it on the Aga but it wouldn’t be very effective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I most definitely don't "feel better about myself" when i laugh at the ridiculous brick, nor do i have any particular insecurities about my looks.

I was suggesting the Brick has insecurities about her looks.

… and others felt better about themselves because make ludicrous criticisms of others.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Very True.:)
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :D: D
    That works for me too sometimes, not using a cast iron pan tho'.

Afternoon acker. : D

Why do they sell cheese knives then? :rolleyes:

But they shouldn't........at least not in Hicky's world. But when they do it's ll down to the 'materials' moving or some such thing. :p

You're Ok, I'll pass on that thanks. :D
    Cheese knives are for use at the table, not for cutting pieces of cheese off a big section, mind you these days cheese is so dear they only sell thin slices.:D
    Stick your probe (or whatever you have handy ;)) on the wok and if its a carbon steel one you will find it varies in temperature. (mine is cast iron)
    What do you think the racks are for if not for keeping warm? propping up your playboy?
    This explains...http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4744146_a-wok-work.html

A fool and his money are soon parted : D

When does melon stick to the knife? The non stick part shortens the life of the knife and is pointless.

Supposed to use a cheese cutter? Dont be daft. What do you think these are?http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cheese+knife+pic&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aCuhT9alBur44QSyovizCQ&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=848&bih=597

Should? Who says?
    I can assure you that the probe tells me nothing about safety.
    I can tell the temperature of the oven with my hand and i know fine well what cooked meat looks like thank you very much so i suggest you find another use for your probe. :p

A blunt knife is more dangerous but it sounds like Ma Balders was peeling the spuds in the way that millions of women have done for centuries with few accidents.

If you rely on your probe to tell you if the meat is safe you could be poisoned if it develops a fault. Very dangerous. You need your health and safety refreshing. :D
    The Wok is supposed to be heated all the way up it's sides otherwise it is being used as a frying pan

In that picture i think they have the Wok stand upside down, the idea is to heat the side if the Wok as high as possible, so the Wok needs to fit in it not on it.

the probe tells you the temperature in the middle of the food, thats what matters and thats what the probe is for.
    It's has to be used in all establishments that provide and serve food.
    If the temperature didn't matter it wouldn't be compulsory, what you serve to those in your house is up to you.
    I thought you could take the round top off and sit the Wok on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did some googling for using a wok on an Aga and one suggestion was to get a gas-canister camping stove, put that on the Aga and put the wok on that. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very True.:)

Cheese knives are for use at the table, not for cutting pieces of cheese off a big section, mind you these days cheese is so dear they only sell thin slices.:D

The Wok is supposed to be heated all the way up it's sides otherwise it is being used as a frying pan

In that picture i think they have the Wok stand upside down, the idea is to heat the side if the Wok as high as possible, so the Wok needs to fit in it not on it.

the probe tells you the temperature in the middle of the food, thats what matters and thats what the probe is for.
    It's has to be used in all establishments that provide and serve food.
    If the temperature didn't matter it wouldn't be compulsory, what you serve to those in your house is up to you.

I thought you could take the round top off and sit the Wok on it?

It’ll fall into oblivion unless you have a very large wok. :D

I doubt it there would be enough heat anyway, and l’ve no idea how you would lift the top off our gas, fired Aga. It’s very hot, heavy, and fits flush into the Aga top with nothing to lift it by. We had a solid fuel Aga before this one and that did have a central disc which you lifted to put the coke in but I doubt if the glowing cokes would produce enough heat for effective cooking.

We do stir fry on the Aga but in a large flat bottom, shallow pan with rounded sides and we leave it on the heat for a while to get up to temperature before we put the food in.
    Forum Member
    Only heat at the bottom and none up the sides. Nothing to prevent you putting it on the Aga but it wouldn’t be very effective.
    That was funny.
    I searched on Google for advice on "Can you use a Wok on an Aga"

It cam back with 8,540,000 pages.
    The second page was Gemo's Post, the one you just made.
    Here.:D
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Can+you+use+a+Wok+on+an+Aga+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

An Aga that you can use a Wok on is the Four Two
    Here.
    http://www.cookercentre.com/aga/s-series/aga-four-two
    Forum Member
    It’ll fall into oblivion unless you have a very large wok. :D

I doubt it there would be enough heat anyway, and l’ve no idea how you would lift the top off our gas, fired Aga. It’s very hot, heavy, and fits flush into the Aga top with nothing to lift it by. We had a solid fuel Aga before this one and that did have a central disc which you lifted to put the coke in but I doubt if the glowing cokes would produce enough heat for effective cooking.

We do stir fry on the Aga but in a large flat bottom, shallow pan with rounded sides and we leave it on the heat for a while to get up to temperature before we put the food in.
    You need a Laser Thermometer like i use.
    These are unbelievable.
    http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=laser+thermometer&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1048785730587339414&sa=X&ei=tDqhT8ftBsXQhAeP1KyfCA&ved=0CKIBEPMCMAE

Aim it, press the trigger and it tells you the temperature of anything.& Think it works up to 5m away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was funny.
    I searched on Google for advice on "Can you use a Wok on an Aga"

It cam back with 8,540,000 pages.
    The second page was Gemo's Post, the one you just made.
    Here.:D
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Can+you+use+a+Wok+on+an+Aga+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

An Aga that you can use a Wok on is the Four Two
    Here.
    http://www.cookercentre.com/aga/s-series/aga-four-two

The Four Two is an Aga with gas rings on top.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh right.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    I have the large (ancient) kenwood and a magimix and wouldn't be without either but i think all the gadgets just make it all seem more complicated than it is and puts people off making their own food.
    The melon knife is the same brand that they are showing on qvc today. Very pretty but the cheese was sticking on the non stick blade and when did melon ever get stuck anyway?
    They also had a fancy can opener that wouldn't open a can at all and they had to switch it.

I love it when it all goes wrong on QVC - hilarious.

I usually laugh too but it doesn't make me feel better about myself - I already know I'd never, ever, expose myself on TV in a reality show:cool:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Afternoon guys - no rain at the moment, yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I love it when it all goes wrong on QVC - hilarious.

I usually laugh too but it doesn't make me feel better about myself - I already know I'd never, ever, expose myself on TV in a reality show:cool:

When I was away I was interviewed by Slovenian TV asking what I thought of the products at the olive market (the one where there was the wine tasting). I wasn’t bothered because I knew that I would never see it, nor would anyone I knew.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was away I was interviewed by Slovenian TV asking what I thought of the products at the olive market (the one where there was the wine tasting). I wasn’t bothered because I knew that I would never see it, nor would anyone I knew.

Ah shame, would love to have seen it ! :)
    Forum Member
    The Four Two is an Aga with gas rings on top.
    A wise modification for the Chinese Market.:D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Afternoon guys - no rain at the moment, yay!
    Afternoon JoJo.:)
    I think it's nice here as well
    Could he understand your slurred speech?.:D
    Forum Member
    Been looking at the forecast for tomorrow all day, Sun blazing down from 7am till 7pm and boss just said, "can you come in tomorrow?"

Just my luck.:(
    Forum Member
    Off home now while boss isn't looking, see you laters.
This discussion has been closed.