Wii slim

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why are Nintendo releasing the slim Wii when they have already said they will no longer release 1st party software for the system leaving it near enough dead. Just seems a baffling decision and a waste of time by Nintendo.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    It's a good way to get some extra cash out of the Wii while cutting costs. Sony did the same with the PSOne, which was released weeks before the PS2 here in Europe. Support ceasing for a console (which isn't necessarily the case with the Wii, anyway) doesn't mean that demand for it drops accordingly. The PS2 only just went out of production in Japan, for example.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, there are some times when Nintendo completely mystify me and this is one of them.

Releasing this now, when they're trying to promote their new console (also called Wii something) will only result in confusion.

This is the same country where 30 people rated Layton 3DS one star on Amazon because it wasn't for DS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wi-fi, no internet, no VC, no Gamecube compatibility, no WiiWare, no SD slot...

Same price as a normal Wii with those features.

I'm off to buy 10.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo wanna try advertising the wiiu instead of wasting time with this bollox! :mad: ... sometimes I wish Nintendo would do us all a favour & go software only! :rolleyes: /facepalm /rantover
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It is marketed to the same kind of people who bought a wii and never bought a game for it, they only ever played wii sports and were happy to do so.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    It is marketed to the same kind of people who bought a wii and never bought a game for it, they only ever played wii sports and were happy to do so.

Don't know why anyone would buy such a pointless piece of junk when ya can pickup a 2nd hand Wii for next 2 nowt!!! :confused:
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    It's marketed at the style over function crew.