Nadine Coyle in Trouble Over Tweet?

Comments

• milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Really? Didn't know that, but then shouldn't Kimberley be more supportive of Nadine.

Nadine should have been everywhere promoting her album and I think her management didn't get her on the right shows.

How do you know she wasn't? Nadine made it clear she was independent of GA and even in London did not appear to be in contact....Had Nadine stayed in contact, talked to Kimberley she might have even had better advice about her career moves. What she did made her come across as arrogant, unwilling to listen and like she knew nothing about business strategy...Or that she was too good to actually bother to do the work, which would somehow sell itself without any work from her....Nadine is playing up to the idea that she is the one that is left out of the band, when she was to the one everyone was waiting for. By the time she was ready, the others had begun to work on their own stuff too..
    Has she given support to any of the others in their careers?
    Or Sarah will she was in recovery? Has she ever acted like a friend to them?
    Her single sounded like a GA album track, that would not be realised as a single, something Cheryl and Nicola have not done..They also both have personality which helps...
    Nadine is the Gary Barlow of GA, she hasn't the personality to do work solo...
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny, everyone thought it would have been Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberley pushing for the split but it looks like Sarah is happy it is done now aswell.

I don't get why Nadine tweeted that, especially the part that she couldn't stop them if she never even tried too. Weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Kimberley was very supportive of Nadine btw.

In her oK column she regularly wrote about nadine.
    She wrote of her engagement
    She wrote of how she liked Insatiable and her album and that she bought it.
    She wrote of how people needed to give nadine a break - and that album was brilliant
    Then she wrote of her split with Jason and how she was sad about it

So whilst she didn't contact her personally, clearly as it was obvious nadine didnt want to be contacted....

To their credit, they just didn't speak for a while...there was no rift or fight - just not contacting each other for a while, which shouldnt have happened, but nadine was to blame in this slightly as she started it and the others then got all 'if you dont call us why should we call u'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Its funny, everyone thought it would have been Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberley pushing for the split but it looks like Sarah is happy it is done now aswell.

I don't get why Nadine tweeted that, especially the part that she couldn't stop them if she never even tried too. Weird.

She couldn't stop them does not mean 'i tried to stop them'.

i think maybe it was a 4-1 and she realized they all wanted to split and didn't bother trying to actually stop them, but she realized she couldn't stop them from wanting to disband but never told them (which is weird!).
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »

nadine may have thought she had nothing to lose and she possibly imagined that the fans may blame her or the press may make out its all her fault. sarah is right in what she said about reports following nadine`s tweet caused fans to speculate that there was a rift within the group. that is exactly what happened, but good on sarah for pointing out that as far as she was concerned there was no rift and more importantly there was no indication that nadine was feeling that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »

i think maybe it was a 4-1 and she realized they all wanted to split and didn't bother trying to actually stop them, but she realized she couldn't stop them from wanting to disband but never told them (which is weird!).

that`s true, it doesn't actually mean that. however, it does suggest lack of backbone on her part for not being able to communicate her feelings to work colleagues that she has known for years, but later felt compelled to share those feelings on twitter.:rolleyes: yet she said nothing to their faces, posed for farewell photographs and partied with them.:confused: i agree, that sounds weird to me too.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »

Then it would be just stupid of her to tweet at all. "I couldn't stop them, but I really didn't try either"...

It seems like she was looking for some drama with her tweet, she can't be unaware, that her tweet would cause speculation and tabloid articles.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Exactly right. Louis Walsh was bigging Nadine up from day one by telling her she was the one carrying the group and letting her believe the hype.

As it turns out, she may have the best voice in the group (though had Javine made it, she was far superior imo), that doesn't actually mean she's got enough to be a solo artist.

IMO, she can sing but she doesn't have a great or distinctive voice. She also isn't particularly attractive which matters these days in the pure pop world. add to that the fact she appears to have the personality and charisma of a paper bag and it's no wonder she didn't set the music world alight.
    I'm no fan of Mrs Cole but she does have something about her that people warm to, Nadine doesn't.
    It was the same when Javine got signed. She has a great voice and brought out decent material but she just isn't very likeable and that meant a career that sank

Are you kidding me? Nadine is gorgeous.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? Nadine is gorgeous.

In your opinion. In mine, she's an odd looking girl. She looks like a giraffe to me.

We did a straw poll in work as to who the men thought was most attractive GA member and she didn't get a single vote. Different strokes and all that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In your opinion. In mine, she's an odd looking girl. She looks like a giraffe to me.

We did a straw poll in work as to who the men thought was most attractive GA member and she didn't get a single vote. Different strokes and all that

I remember she came last on a poll by thestudentroom.co.uk as well.

Kimberly Walsh on the other hand, came second in said poll and I personally don't find her amazingly attractive.

It truly is down to perception I suppose, as I find Nadine stunning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    How do you know she wasn't? Nadine made it clear she was independent of GA and even in London did not appear to be in contact....Had Nadine stayed in contact...

She said at times she's tried to.
    What she did made her come across as arrogant, unwilling to listen

How?
    Has she given support to any of the others in their careers? Has she ever acted like a friend to them?

Yes. She's supported them and hasn't badmouthed them.
    Her single sounded like a GA album track

Isn't that a good thing? Girls Aloud have had a few number ones............
    Tweedy and Nicola....They also both have personality which helps..

Disagree about Tweedy there are so many comments about her being PR trained and dull as dishwater on talk shows. Nicola always had a clear vision of what she wanted her album to be, so does Nadine.
    Nadine is the Gary Barlow of GA, she hasn't the personality to do work solo...

The Gary Barlow that had a solo number one hit and is now on the X factor?:rolleyes:
    . She looks like a giraffe to me.

That's one cute giraffe...........

It's funny that the band member that press always slate and laugh about is the member that didn't get a vote. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    gav016 wrote: »
    Nadine cancelled her promo, including signings, midway through the campaign when it became apparent the single/album weren't going to be a success.

Isn't it good that she was taking charge of her solo career?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well in the Ten Tour she looked the best and looked like a Victoria's Secret Angel!
    Forum Member
    This is what Nadine looked like on the tour interview bits. http://www.last.fm/music/Nadine+Coyle/+images/83353973 Then times her prettiness by a Thousand.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said at times she's tried to.

How?

Yes. She's supported them and hasn't badmouthed them.

Isn't that a good thing? Girls Aloud have had a few number ones............

Disagree about Tweedy there are so many comments about her being PR trained and dull as dishwater on talk shows. Nicola always had a clear vision of what she wanted her album to be, so does Nadine.

The Gary Barlow that had a solo number one hit and is now on the X factor?:rolleyes:

That's one cute giraffe...........

It's funny that the band member that press always slate and laugh about is the member that didn't get a vote. :rolleyes:

Doing a track similar to a GA track that would not have been realised shows Nadine has no individual style that makes her stand out..She made a big thing about writing and going her own way and it was utterly unimpressive....
    Gary Barlow had a number one hit, Robbie Williams has had hit, after hit, sung with Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman...because he has something that somehow appeals.
    Gary Barlow was always a bit of a joke. Gary Barlow on The X Factor further illustrated that he is uncool, not rock and roll and really doesn't have the personality to be a solo popstar....Nadine is in the same catergory.... I get that you fancy her and she has a bit of Hollywood polish now too but
    her comments were an attack on the rest of the band, it was underhand...I can see the press completely ignoring her now unless she finds a high profile boyfriend....
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing a track similar to a GA track that would not have been realised shows Nadine has no individual style that makes her stand out..She made a big thing about writing and going her own way and it was utterly unimpressive....
    Gary Barlow had a number one hit, Robbie Williams has had hit, after hit, sung with Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman...because he has something that somehow appeals.
    Gary Barlow was always a bit of a joke. Gary Barlow on The X Factor further illustrated that he is uncool, not rock and roll and really doesn't have the personality to be a solo popstar....Nadine is in the same catergory.... I get that you fancy her and she has a bit of Hollywood polish now too but
    her comments were an attack on the rest of the band, it was underhand...I can see the press completely ignoring her now unless she finds a high profile boyfriend....

You're spot on about Barlow. He may have had the song writing talent and better vocals, but as a solo artist, he was pretty unremarkable.

X Factor judge? He has about as much personality as a cardboard cut out :o
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Gary Barlow was always a bit of a joke. Gary Barlow on The X Factor further illustrated that he is uncool, not rock and roll and really doesn't have the personality to be a solo popstar.....
    Actually, Gary has had 4 solo number one hits and a solo number one album (which is not bad considering he only had 2 solo albums, the second one being, ironically, much better than the number one album), he sang with the likes of Elton John and had a song written for him by Madonna (both of these names being bigger than Kylie or Nicole Kidman). He has just completed a solo sold out tour and released a dvd that has been no. 1 in bestsellers for weeks. And his fans are craving for him to do a solo album again.
    As for him being uncool on XF, it's enough to watch any of the YT videos filmed by fans at auditions and XF finals and to hear the reaction he's getting from the public - he gets 4 times the cheers the other judges are getting. Your opinion is that of the minority. Gary is the proof that you can make it in the industry through talent and hard work.
    I'm no fan of GA and, as a person from outside the UK, I don't really know much about them, but I did watch a couple of videos and the one who got my attention was the only one capable of singing in that group. It would be a shame if she didn't get a chance at a solo career because people are more interested in collateral things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're spot on about Barlow. He may have had the song writing talent and better vocals, but as a solo artist, he was pretty unremarkable.

X Factor judge? He has about as much personality as a cardboard cut out :o

i also agree about barlow. he had 2 #1 hits back in the day and a couple of good will charity #1s since then, but he largely failed as a solo artist. without the take that reunion its highly unlikely that he would have a public profile now. nadine could suffer from a similar fate if she doesn't find solo success soon, or else she`ll be waiting for another `girls aloud` reunion to reignite some interest later down the line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nadine needs some songs that are real, with good lyrics and tunes to let her vocals shine. None of the pop stuff she tried because her voice is amazing. She needs to practise and find her voice again like it used to be as the smoking has effected it. She can't hit high notes that much anymore and used to sound like a proper pro.

I think this with just working hard and promoting heavily on high profile TV shows and coming across more likeable and speaking with a less heavy accent may work in her favour.

With her cracking America, I think she should just perform gigs in clubs and work really hard like what Lady Gaga and most artists do to get discovered to get signed by a major record label. Then eventually do TV shows and get the promotion she needs.

Her big mistake last time was her management and her Tesco label thing. She needs support from a big label with a proper marketing strategy to excel.
    Forum Member
    shows Nadine has no individual style that makes her stand out..She made a big thing about writing and going her own way and it was utterly unimpressive....

That's your opinion, but for a first attempt, writing singing every song, her first solo album attempt was great.
    Robbie Williams has had hit, after hit, sung with Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman...because he has something that somehow appeals.

Imo Robbie has always been overrated, his duets happened because of his solo fame and good networking. It's funny that when he wasn't selling as much as a solo artist, he went running back to take-that, fronted by Gary.
    Gary Barlow was always a bit of a joke. Gary Barlow on The X Factor further illustrated that he is uncool, not rock and roll and really doesn't have the personality to be a solo popstar....

Gary Barlow is one of the most respected names in the music business, he's made millions from singing and song writing. He's played a part in every Take that hit. He's written thirteen number one singles. He's won countless awards for his hits. Have to disagree, in the music industry Gary's never been a joke. :rolleyes:
    Nadine is in the same category

Being in the same category as Gary Barlow isn't bad. :rolleyes:
    she has a bit of Hollywood polish now too but her comments were an attack on the rest of the band, it was underhand...

Nadine was emotional and Tweeted about her feelings. If Kimberley Tweeted the same thing the girls would have Tweeted support.
    I can see the press completely ignoring her now unless she finds a high profile boyfriend....

When has Nadine ever really cared about the press? Nadine's classy. She doesn't need to jump from one famous guy to another. She's never been a famewhore. She's a career driven, talented girl. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I do not understand why the media appear to hate Nadine. I find it totally bizarre. When did it even start, as it feels like they've been running stories against her for years.

The whole thing sounds pathetic though. These are grown women, FFS.
    Forum Member
    Black Sky wrote: »
    I do not understand why the media appear to hate Nadine. I find it totally bizarre. When did it even start, as it feels like they've been running stories against her for years.

The media need a scapegoat, someone to trash, and knock down. To the press Nadine fits that bill.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's your opinion, but for a first attempt, writing singing every song, her first solo album attempt was great.

Imo Robbie has always been overrated, his duets happened because of his solo fame and good networking. It's funny that when he wasn't selling as much as a solo artist, he went running back to take-that, fronted by Gary.

Gary Barlow is one of the most respected names in the music business, he's made millions from singing and song writing. He's played a part in every Take that hit. He's written thirteen number one singles. He's won countless awards for his hits. Have to disagree, in the music industry Gary's never been a joke. :rolleyes:

Being in the same category as Gary Barlow isn't bad. :rolleyes:

Nadine was emotional and Tweeted about her feelings. If Kimberley Tweeted the same thing the girls would have Tweeted support.

When has Nadine ever really cared about the press? Nadine's classy. She doesn't need to jump from one famous guy to another. She's never been a famewhore. She's a career driven, talented girl. :rolleyes:

She's dated Jesse Metcalfe and was engaged to Jason Bell - both were high profile stars in the US. In the early days of Girls Aloud, she dated footballer Neil McCafferty - who played for Charlton.