Film in B&W ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Hello, Can anyone please assist with the following ?

I am seeking to identify a post war film in black and white, about a wife who's Policeman husband has been framed and discredited.
Set in the UK, probably London, the scenario is as follows.

Villians seek to discredit Policeman who is cramping their activities. Policeman may have been called " Mr Jano " or something similar.

Villians break into Policemans house and plant incriminating evidence in loft. Police are informed, house is searched, incriminating
evidence is found. Policeman discredited and jailed. Wife begins own investigation in attempt to clear husbands name.

Wife tracks down one of the two sets of villians ( the good baddies ) and goes to confront the top man, saying something like
" You people got my husband into this mess, now get him out of it ! "

The good baddies then track down the bad baddies and confrontation follows, during which one of the good baddies is shot
and dies. Husband is cleared and reputation restored. There may have also been a crooked Policeman involved.

If anyone can throw any light on this question, it would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    No sorry, I thought it was the Long Memory but I was getting my plots mixed up.
    Are you sure it wasn't one of the Edgar Wallace Mysteries?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hello and many thanks for your reply.

I recall this as being a one off film, not one of a series such the Edgar Wallace Mysteries but then, it was avery long time ago.

Many thanks.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    PetelTT33 wrote: »
    Hello, Can anyone please assist with the following ?

I am seeking to identify a post war film in black and white, about a wife who's Policeman husband has been framed and discredited.
    Set in the UK, probably London, the scenario is as follows.

Villians seek to discredit Policeman who is cramping their activities. Policeman may have been called " Mr Jano " or something similar.

Villians break into Policemans house and plant incriminating evidence in loft. Police are informed, house is searched, incriminating
    evidence is found. Policeman discredited and jailed. Wife begins own investigation in attempt to clear husbands name.

Wife tracks down one of the two sets of villians ( the good baddies ) and goes to confront the top man, saying something like
    " You people got my husband into this mess, now get him out of it ! "

The good baddies then track down the bad baddies and confrontation follows, during which one of the good baddies is shot
    and dies. Husband is cleared and reputation restored. There may have also been a crooked Policeman involved.

If anyone can throw any light on this question, it would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

I have this film, it is "The Informers" (1963), with the great Nigel Patrick as Chief Inspector Johnnoe.
    Harry Andrews played his boss Superintendant Beswick, Derren Nesbit was the chief baddie, and very good he was too. Frank Finlay was the other baddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Many thanks to Walter for the confirmation.
    Katherine Woodville and Colin Blakely also starred I notice.
    Much appreciated.
    Pete.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    PetelTT33 wrote: »
    Many thanks to Walter for the confirmation.
    Katherine Woodville and Colin Blakely also starred I notice.
    Much appreciated.
    Pete.

You are welcome Pete, and you can get a copy of it for just £7 from Amazon.co.uk