Kylie Minogue - Timebomb

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Apparently, remixes are on there way... :D:D
  • FutureGamesFutureGames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    With any luck radio play will begin to pick up over the next couple of weeks and increase her sales. Not criticising Kylie or anything, but I think Timebomb is definitely the type of track that is sold better when heard on the radio/YouTube than when performed live. I'm sure with some good radio play (A-list on Radio 2 is a good start) and some more promotion this song could go top 10. She really needs support from Radio 1 and Capital and it hasn't been playlisted by either yet. It's a shame if they don't pick it up because the song seems to be popular with the demographic that Radio 1 actually cater to. Radio 2's audience is a lot older and aren't really big buyers of singles. Still, early days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    its finally been released on Amazon and is currently 51.. its on 7digital too..... i think this week it will move up a ouple of places around 28-29..... its fallnig on itunes. but radio 2 A-listed means it gets at leadt 20 plays a week. it sounds so much better on the mp3/radio than live, nothing against Kylie... Alan Carr demographic is also better for Kylie to get some good Saturday sales... Also Jubilee on Monday will make it stay top 40 next week... and see if summer remixes can be introduced and played. I heard it is hitting clubs and radio more and more so fingers crossed. Problem is she has the Best Of coming out on Monday which is not selling well at all.... if she can somehow get that album to the top 20 for at least one week it wont look too bad... and a few golden oldies on Monday at Jubilee should do that.... i actually like the look and feel of the album, but admittedly a lot of better songs missing... I hope she sings Get outta my way and Better the Devil you know at the Jubilee concert.

Fingers crossed it can keep picking up radio plays, and stay top 40 for a few weeks and lets see.... it could do with some promot on a tv advert or something :)
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the marketing with some music these days. This is a decent single. It's not part of a new album (I understand it's not on her latest GH) and therefore should be given a few weeks promotion before being released.

The odds of this riding high in the charts is so low because it's there's no strong demand. Even when it gets more airplay, the slow sales previous will work against it.

Look at Cheryl Cole's new song. That's the way this should have been released. Launch the song, build up interest by promos and increasing airplay and in a few weeks release the track. I bet she will hit number 1. That's how music used to be released. Same goes for albums, you used to get a couple of releases from an album before it was released, now it's either the same day as the single or a week behind.

When they don't hit the top spots in the charts then the press go mad with the 'failure'

I think it's a shame this is unlikley to hit top 10 as it's certainly worthy
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #26 in Ireland, and number 30 in the uk midweeks, will this be Kylie;s 2nd offical single to miss the top 30 in the UK???
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Probably, I've said earlier in the thread - charts change, music changes, older singers stop charting like they used to. I'm used to the fact my favourite singers tank in the charts - I'm not young anymore....
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Probably, I've said earlier in the thread - charts change, music changes, older singers stop charting like they used to. I'm used to the fact my favourite singers tank in the charts - I'm not young anymore....

So agree with this, but continuing success, isn't to do with reaching a high position in the singles chart. Kylie's sell out shows wll ensure she has a career for as long as she wants one, when many of the new kids off the block have disappeared.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    well i think timebomb is a great Kylie track.... she is great live. Next time release on a Monday for a higher chart placing if so desired. I am sure the jubilee will inflate sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Parlophone/EMI, it's gone to #1 in 20 countries in barely a week. It seems the UK is lagging behind everyone else by preferring the generic US crap that oozes into the charts nowadays.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just catching up on this thread. I thought a lot of posters had already toasted the supposedly success of this single. Oops. Big oops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Bomb is better than any of the dance tracks on MDNA and watch the chart position reflect this.

Oops. Big Big oops.:o
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a very good song to be honest, sounds dated and awful.

She can do way better.....(wait for kylie fans to chuck eggs at me )
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    It's not a very good song to be honest, sounds dated and awful.

She can do way better.....(wait for kylie fans to chuck eggs at me )

Your name proves that your taste in music ain't that crash hot either. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just catching up on this thread. I thought a lot of posters had already toasted the supposedly success of this single. Oops. Big oops.

According to Parlophone/EMI, it's gone to #1 in 20 countries, and is now starting to climb here according to the midweek charts.

It's not just about the UK as she's a global artist. Not forgetting that it's only been out for 6 days. It's also still #1 music video on iTunes... So no "Oops, big oops" just yet. Just give it a chance as it's already sold a shit load already, and only today have the US mixes been handed to the clubs.
    Forum Member
    Parlophone are lying it hasn't gone to number one in any country...... its probably hit number one on itunes for a few days in a few south american countries etc...

hopefully it can climb a place or two from last weeks 31 then at least it went in the same way... its moved up from 45 to 39 on itunes UK since Chatty Man and this show will be repeated on ch4 next week plus jubilee performance etc...

radio airplay still needs to kick in plus i have a feeling some remixes will be available to download next week too.

Like i say if it can stay at 29-31 in tomorrows chart then there is still a chance it can have a bit of chart longevity..... if it doesnt then it could get lost...

all about radio play though... ALL
    Forum Member
    It just shows..... The Voice did nothing for Kylie's sales..... Chatty Man more Kylies audience and it moves from 45 to 39 ....... Jubilee performance of a Kylie medley will do wonders for her Best Of.... which altohugh i think is just an EMI money spinning album. should get top 20 in its 1st week.
    Forum Member
    http://www.ukairplaychart.com/

see Kylie 80th with only 106 spins 20-26th May, but top ranked got nearly 5000 plays.. its a big difference....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parlophone are lying it hasn't gone to number one in any country...... its probably hit number one on itunes for a few days in a few south american countries etc...

hopefully it can climb a place or two from last weeks 31 then at least it went in the same way... its moved up from 45 to 39 on itunes UK since Chatty Man and this show will be repeated on ch4 next week plus jubilee performance etc...

radio airplay still needs to kick in plus i have a feeling some remixes will be available to download next week too.

Like i say if it can stay at 29-31 in tomorrows chart then there is still a chance it can have a bit of chart longevity..... if it doesnt then it could get lost...

all about radio play though... ALL

I was talking about the Music video charts. Perhaps my post should have differentiated.
    Forum Member
    Well Kylie is up to 38 now itunes from 45 yesterday and up to 23 on Amazon.....

think she will remain in 31st spot on Sunday may even drop a couple of places.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    I was talking about the Music video charts. Perhaps my post should have differentiated.

Who cares about the music video charts? It's the official charts that matter! but thanks for clearing THAT up. I thought I was losing the plot for the moment:rolleyes:
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    We have to hope that she has a good slot late on the show on Monday (the TV audience will most likely build through the show) and that she blows them all away.

this song is far too good to miss the top10, and I am increasinly frustrated at Radio1 and Capital in particular for avoiding certain artists such as Kylie and Alexandra Burke. A good song should be getting played no matter who the artist is.

Just look at 'Moves Like Jagger' Radio1 ignored it because I reckon their listening panel heard it once and though 'Maroon5 and Christina Aguilera are very 2004, nah" instead of judging the song itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ive downloaded it from itunes, ( needs going onto ipod), but it does sound like another Kylie hit, where she says Wooo, in it..? Its bugging me which one, anyone know which im on about lol
  • FutureGamesFutureGames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    ive downloaded it from itunes, ( needs going onto ipod), but it does sound like another Kylie hit, where she says Wooo, in it..? Its bugging me which one, anyone know which im on about lol

There are a few "woos" is Sensitized and Nu-di-ty.
    Forum Member
    its creeping up itunes again 45 to 37 now and amazon its up to 19, only was released on there on Thursday....

i doubt live performance of Timebomb will do anything as its best as a dance song on radio/mp3/youtube vid etc, but it wont do her any harm....

as i keep saying it needs radio play. Its A listed from today on Radio 2 and as long as it stays top 40 on tomorrows chart then it will get played on Music TV shows etc.

Radio 1 will have to play it tomorrow afternoon as it will be in the top 40 countdown :):):)

thing is a load new songs will be released tomorrow & cheryl will go to number one, have to hope some of the other songs start to slip in sales and Kylie remains constant.
    Forum Member
    http://www.ukairplaychart.com/

actually dropped from 80 to 83 in airplay chart... no wonder its not doing well........