Options

Dimension, dont make a Scary Movie 6 !!

jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OMG Just finished watching Scary Movie 5 on DVD I got for Xmas. I knew it would be bad because Anna Faris [cindy] and Regina hall [Brenda] wasn't in it and I only asked for it to complete my SM collection but by god I was completely bored throughout. I thought SM4 was at least funny at times but I hardly laughed through SM5 and I think when I did, it was a forceful laugh trying to make light of a shit movie. Loved SM1+2 and SM3+4 were alright but SM5 is shit.

Do people think Dimension will see sense and not bother making Scary Movie 6 ?

Comments

• Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it can make money, you'll be seeing it in a cinema near you soon.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    I'd rather they make a Scream 5.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG Just finished watching Scary Movie 5 on DVD I got for Xmas. I knew it would be bad because Anna Faris [cindy] and Regina hall [Brenda] wasn't in it and I only asked for it to complete my SM collection but by god I was completely bored throughout. I thought SM4 was at least funny at times but I hardly laughed through SM5 and I think when I did, it was a forceful laugh trying to make light of a shit movie. Loved SM1+2 and SM3+4 were alright but SM5 is shit.

Very much agree there - the first three, and the fourth to an extent, are those types of film that i can always watch for a bit of mindless enjoyment for an hour or so if nothing else is on.

That's why i was keen to see part 5 but oh my god was it awful.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not whilst the likes of Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Jenny McCarthy, the Wayans bros. et al are still willing to take an easy paycheck to 'star' in them. Hell, if those involved have no shame in churning out one Saw film after another, there's no reason for the SM franchise to suddenly take the moral high ground on reasons of taste, talent and dignity. The problem (for us) is that there's always going to be plenty of 'serious' horror films for SM to 'spoof' (in the losest sense of the word).
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wiki, Part 5 was made for $20 Million and made $77 Million worldwide so with those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel of some sorts in the future.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really I think 5 proved how much these silly types of comedy rests on the charisma of the performers.

I mean they are all much of a muchness in terms of the silliness they deliver but the lead actress and the one playing her mate just don't have that fearlessness to be as silly as the film itself in the way Anna Faris and Regina Hall did. As such instead of a silly crap movie that is kinda fun you get a silly crap movie that's kinda boring.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I'd rather they make a Scream 5.

Me too!!!