Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
JB92 wrote: »
I know move hasn't charted highly over there, but it's been consistently charting between 25 and high 30s for the past couple of weeks. It could be a decent seller over there in the long run.
Continuation of: Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First! :D
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 7 post count:

1st: Casualviewer 1,235 (non-mover)
    2nd: Old Mixer 305 (non-mover)
    3rd: 1992 273 (up 2)
    4th: Aldu 263 (up 3)
    5th: Trucker_Rob (Tim) 215 (up 1)

Congratulations casualviewer!! You outposted the rest of the top five combined!

Discussion Thread Post Count Hall Of Fame:

Most Posts:

Part 1: Casualviewer
    Part 2: Nooneoo
    Part 3: Nooneoo
    Part 4: Casualviewer
    Part 5: Casualviewer
    Part 6: Casualviewer
    Part 7: Casualviewer

Four in a row for casualviewer! Will it be five next time? Tune in in Part 9 to find out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the final album sales for the week will be a bit better than we think, physical sales will be quite good I reckon. There looks to have been a lot of enthusiasm for getting hold of the physical copies by fans. Their chart positions on iTunes/Amazon etc are distorted by the new compilation releases which don't count, however it's not reassuring that the Passenger album has come out of nowhere above them - that can't be selling that much surely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah haven't changed the account on my phone :o

- tim
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    Part 7 post count:

1st: Casualviewer 1,235
    2nd: Old Mixer 305
    3rd: 1992 273
    4th: Aldu 263
    5th: Trucker_Rob (Tim) 215

Congratulations casualviewer!! You outposted the rest of the top five combined!

Not so casual. :)
  • sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Hi, seems a good time to join now its part 8
    long time lurker of this thread (we're talking part 1),
    part time casual viewer question answer-er on my tumblr
    Just thought id finally join in the discussion

I'm a Salute, BOy, Stand down, Competition,Towers, They just dont know you, side of the album fan

I was hoping they were gonna use boy as the promotional performance album song instead of these four walls, especially as they have banged on so much about how the new album is more R'n'B and that Boy was received so well when the clip dropped, I think it could have sent them to a whole new audience! but alas ...i hope it becomes their going nowhere, where they perform it on their radio tours etc as i doubt it will be a single.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, part 8!

Had a good listen again. Outstanding, it's difficult to pick a song. All I can say is that I'm not keen of 2 songs: towers and competition.

I thing I got the drift behind the DNA deluxe tracks, they were just a transition.
    Most of Salute tracks production are very similar to DNA deluxe...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Little Me is just an outstanding track - the stand out for me. But overall it's a well executed album they should be proud of themselves. Jesy has become my favourite now.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    salute is back to 3 on iTunes in uk
    Forum Member
    sorry back at 7 again I think iTunes is playing up again
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That the listeners favourites on Salute are quite varied has to be a good sign for the broad appeal and longevity of the album. I personally think the track Salute has the potential to skyrocket Little Mix in the U.S. a la Spice girls. The video has got to be epic!

I understand them wanting to be sophisticated being young women but I hope they don't loose their fun and silly side. That's what endeared them to the world.
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    salute is back to 3 on iTunes in uk

showing 7th now. must have been a blip
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think Little Me would be the better choice to launch in the US. Salute is great but you can tell it's heavily influenced by Beyonce/Destiny's Child.
    Forum Member
    i think little me or salute for the USA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute needs to be release in order for a video. I don't care how it performs. Just the video .........
    Forum Member
    Vote for them in the MTV stars on twitter. :D

Just tweet #MTVStars followed by Little Mix

They are currently behind One Direction at #2 and Justin Bieber :mad: at #1.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Salute needs to be release in order for a video. I don't care how it performs. Just the video .........
    That the listeners favourites on Salute are quite varied has to be a good sign for the broad appeal and longevity of the album. I personally think the track Salute has the potential to skyrocket Little Mix in the U.S. a la Spice girls. The video has got to be epic!

I understand them wanting to be sophisticated being young women but I hope they don't loose their fun and silly side. That's what endeared them to the world.

Yes and yes and yes. Its a big statement song from them.

They haven't lost their fun. If you look at the Move video you see all sorts of funny quick bits in there. It shows they don't take themselves too seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    however it's not reassuring that the Passenger album has come out of nowhere above them - that can't be selling that much surely?

Passenger was a late arrival so it wont be ahead of them this week. I'm still reading "my album just arrived" comments so you may be right about the physicals. I still wish they'd fit one more signing in this week. I hope they still do more.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 8! Nice :)

Two more part's to go then we hit double figures!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Passenger was a late arrival so it wont be ahead of them this week. I'm still reading "my album just arrived" comments so you may be right about the physicals. I still wish they'd fit one more signing in this week. I hope they still do more.

The Passenger album was released in October last year. I have literally no idea where it's sudden surge has come from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    sorry back at 7 again I think iTunes is playing up again

1. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP2 (Deluxe)
    2. Lady Gaga - ARTPOP
    3. Various Artists - The Annual 2014 - Ministry of Sound
    4. Various Artists - BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge 2013 (Deluxe Version)
    5. Passenger - All the Little Lights
    6. Little Mix - Salute (Deluxe Edition)
    7. Various Artists - Clubland 24
    8. Various Artists - Anthems Trance - Ministry of Sound
    9. Céline Dion - Loved Me Back to Life (Deluxe Version)

Take away the compilations which track separately

1. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP2 (Deluxe)
    2. Lady Gaga - ARTPOP
    5. Passenger - All the Little Lights
    6. Little Mix - Salute (Deluxe Edition)
    9. Céline Dion - Loved Me Back to Life (Deluxe Version)
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    The Passenger album was released in October last year. I have literally no idea where it's sudden surge has come from.

His MASSIVE single Let Her Go which has spent nearly the whole of 2013 in the Official Top 40 and he peformed it on CiN Rocks on Thursday which made it go top 10 in iTunes again. So people bought his album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm also hoping for more signings. Like a tour round the UK and they can hit Ireland too.

Their management/label in the UK are not really that great so I'm not expecting more signings. For their debut they only did one signing in the UK so that speaks volumes.

However Columbia are just All kind of awesome with them and know what to do with promotion..........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I listen to TFW the more it warms to me. Still skipping the ballads when listening to the full album though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    General question to anyone reading. I know this was asked in the last part pre album release. Now that you know what music would be on the next tour, will you be going to a Little Mix tour date?
This discussion has been closed.