Nicole Scherzinger - Boomerang

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I think she will be #1 (or #2) so they'll have to start playing it at some point :D

So happy. The song has become a hit without any radio support and now Capital have come crawling back. I hope Nicole is feeling very smug :D
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Wow wonder if she will be number one this week??
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been quite confused regarding the PCDs split. They were doing really well when the split ('When I Grow Up', 'I Hate This Part' and 'Jai Ho') then they sort of just ended abrubtly. At this time they also were touring and Gaga was supporting them (in the UK anyway). They were just as successful as their 'Don't Cha'/'Buttons' days.

Nicole never seems to say a bad word about them which is good (considering what she said about how the PCDs just dismantled over the course of a week!) but the other PCDs don't seem so kind about Nicole (Ashley and Kimberley inparticular). Although they've never said anything too scathing about Nicole, I specifically remember Ashely being asked if the PCDs would ever reform and she replied "not with Nicole". :confused:

I'm not saying Nicole is an angel but she seems much nicer than I originally thought (general impression before X Factor was; the main one of the PCDs who gets all the limelight). But surely that must've been the deal in the first place?

Kimberly, Ashley and Melody sabotaged Nicole when she was launching her solo career in 2007 and later in 2009 during the whole "Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole" thing. They went out of their way to make Nicole seem like a bad person, and while I admit that maybe Nicole was a personality within the group, I don't think she was anywhere near as bad as the girls made out. Nicole was very very honest in her Behind The Music documentary, it's an interesting watch.

However, whether their claims were true or not, they succeeded in damaging Nicole's career in the US for good, which is why her solo career never really took off and she is generally not very liked in America. It was made to seem as though the split was all because of Nicole going solo rather than a mutual split which looked to be closer to the truth, but unfortunately for Nicole, all that has been hanging over her in the US for a while, and still is.

She doesn't have those problems in the UK which is why I think she's done so well considering. Boomerang is a great song that deserves success, but I hope Nicole comes out with something a little more daring for her 2nd single, I definitely think she played it safe, which may have backfired a little. But it's great news that Capital have started to play it. The song could possibly hang near the top a little longer and hopefully even reach a higher peak in the chart.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha Capital must have received my email this morning.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha Capital :D Realising the error of their ways!
    JustArun wrote: »
    Nicole seems far too sweet. I think the main reason they all hate her is because she was the lead singer and they were just her backing dancers.

That's how it's always seemed to me. I can understand them wanting more of the limelight, but she was a great fron-woman, had all the talent, and without her, they'd have been nothing.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how the PCDs dropped out around Nicole to (assumingly) pursue better career's, yet Nicole's did well.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    1 in midweeks! I hope it says there. I want radio 1 to play it and realise the error of their ways...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why Nicole's solo career hasn't taken off Stateside.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    it annoys me that they all hate her or whatever because it was always meant to be that she is the lead, they made it far too obvious though and to be fair the other girls we pretty much wasted lol

Love stik wit u to this day, beautiful song, didnt like poison or dont hold your breath nor do i like this, hopefully her album has some different stuff on it
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Boomerang is fantastic. Nicole is amazing. #1 please.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slaying without radio support? Who else?

People need to stop underestimating the queen. :cool:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/58d8d6088f02c5c47de599b2929e7a18/tumblr_mj3hn9CspS1qg739ho1_500.gif
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »

Her label Interscope hasn't tried to launch at all. She hasn't released anything in the US yet.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her label Interscope hasn't tried to launch at all. She hasn't released anything in the US yet.

Don't Hold Your Breath and Right There were both released in the US, peaking at #86 and #39 respectively. The album was also planned to be released but was scrapped because of zero interest and flop singles. I don't think there is any point trying a third time; with flop singles, two cancelled albums and a disastrous stint on American TV, it's obvious that the US just really does not like Nicole Scherzinger and never will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Don't Hold Your Breath and Right There were both released in the US, peaking at #86 and #39 respectively. The album was also planned to be released but was scrapped because of zero interest and flop singles. I don't think there is any point trying a third time; with flop singles, two cancelled albums and a disastrous stint on American TV, it's obvious that the US just really does not like Nicole Scherzinger and never will.

And to think she let We Found Love slip through her fingers...
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I said previously, the other girls spread some pretty vicious stories and rumours about her in the press around the times she was trying to launch her solo career the first and second time. I don't think she'll ever find success there tbh, unless it's as a featured artist.

She has the potential to do much better in Europe though, she's doing very well in the UK considering, and I think she should eventually launch this new album in Europe as well.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'We Found Love' was so successful because it was Rihanna. If Leona or Nicole had recorded it as a single it wouldn't have got half as much recognition as Rihanna's did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'We Found Love' was so successful because it was Rihanna. If Leona or Nicole had recorded it as a single it wouldn't have got half as much recognition as Rihanna's did.

I disagree. WFL was a monster hit because of Calvin Harris and the infectious production behind it. I think it still would have been huge if Nicole released it (maybe not Leona as she would probably have slowed it down)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. WFL was a monster hit because of Calvin Harris and the infectious production behind it. I think it still would have been huge if Nicole released it (maybe not Leona as she would probably have slowed it down)

Really? IMO Rihanna made that hit. The song, It went really well with the issues/situation with Chris Brown and getting someone similar looking like him was even great.

No offense to Nicole, I think she is great. IMO Rihanna "star" quality (if you wanna say that :D) made that.

Edit: I was going to add Rihanna was massive in 2011.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Th inevitable descent has begun- now #4 and #37. Come on Nicole fans keep purchasing!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Don't understand the fuss over this track, very boring paint by numbers generic female pop. She can do much better than this.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to her lack of her success in the US, she seems quite happy coming over here and seems to really appreciate the support she does get. I imagine after the success she did have with PCD, as long as she has success here, gets to release her music perform etcafter the success she did have with PCD, then she'll be happy.

Glad to hear it's doing so well.
  • speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    1 in midweeks! I hope it says there. I want radio 1 to play it and realise the error of their ways...

Don't the midweeks only come out about 5pm on a Wednesday? if so, how could Nicole be No.1 in the midweeks on Tuesday?
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speedyboi wrote: »
    Don't the midweeks only come out about 5pm on a Wednesday? if so, how could Nicole be No.1 in the midweeks on Tuesday?

There are 'midweeks' released every day.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to #5 on iTunes.