Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    through charity events, and work (i used to produce a lot of big corporate media and live events), and being in a band i've met...chronological order if i can remember them all...

roy hudd...an oldie but an absolutely brilliant bloke.

dick emery...i cannot describe how loathsome the experience was.

tommy cooper...very strange, very remote and quite sad, but polite.

the wurzels..nope. no not going there.

roy chubby brown...nothing like his stage persona, really a very smart chap.

jeremy beadle, lovely guy

ant and dec, i walked into a sound studio they were working in, they must have been about sixteen, i was patronising and ever so condescending ha ha ha.

noel gallagher..met him before oasis, a really funny and interesting guy.

john lydon, just on another planet, very unpredictable and moody, but still great.

david jason, i thought he was great, shy as somebody else said, not really a gusher or a smiler, but a nice bloke

nick faldo, lovely bloke, very funny and very professional at everything he does

michael greco, bumped into him in a pub in covent garden, had a great chat

the queen and prince philip, I was introduced, did some bowing, some small talk, prince philip is a joker and a half, they're both tiny people, which surprised me, he always looks tall. must be the nose.

davina, met her at a premature baby charity do, she's just davina. that's it. what you see etc.

some others, but it's too late.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinawho wrote: »
    through charity events, and work (i used to produce a lot of big corporate media and live events), and being in a band i've met...chronological order if i can remember them all...

roy hudd...an oldie but an absolutely brilliant bloke.

dick emery...i cannot describe how loathsome the experience was.

tommy cooper...very strange, very remote and quite sad, but polite.

the wurzels..nope. no not going there.

roy chubby brown...nothing like his stage persona, really a very smart chap.

jeremy beadle, lovely guy

ant and dec, i walked into a sound studio they were working in, they must have been about sixteen, i was patronising and ever so condescending ha ha ha.

noel gallagher..met him before oasis, a really funny and interesting guy.

john lydon, just on another planet, very unpredictable and moody, but still great.

david jason, i thought he was great, shy as somebody else said, not really a gusher or a smiler, but a nice bloke

nick faldo, lovely bloke, very funny and very professional at everything he does

michael greco, bumped into him in a pub in covent garden, had a great chat

the queen and prince philip, I was introduced, did some bowing, some small talk, prince philip is a joker and a half, they're both tiny people, which surprised me, he always looks tall. must be the nose.

davina, met her at a premature baby charity do, she's just davina. that's it. what you see etc.

some others, but it's too late.

I've just read that Prince Phillip is only 5ft 6in. I would have thought that he was 6ft+. It just goes to show that when seeing people on screen, the camera adds height. I would never have imagined that I would have been taller than him. That's shocked me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Teddy Sheringham and Sol Campbell in their Spurs days. I am Arsenal fan but was looking after some young fans at our local club who Spurs drew with in the FA Cup. The guys were great with the kids after the match, patient, friendly and signed autographs and chatted.

The person who sticks in my mind as being awful was ex Man U and England player Brian Robson. There were scores of children who idolised him and were excited that he and Man U were playing at our local club. The rest of the team were great and stayed behind for and organised party (it had been a player's testimonial) Brian Robson had been swept away in a private car. He did not even give a wave to the hoardes of children waiting to see him.

Agree and agree, Brian Robson has always been so up himself.....

Now Brian Clough, there is a man I loved as well, even though he was acidic at times!
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I've just read that Prince Phillip is only 5ft 6in. I would have thought that he was 6ft+. It just goes to show that when seeing people on screen, the camera adds height. I would never have imagined that I would have been taller than him. That's shocked me.

I thought the same about Madonna. She looks like a giant on TV but in real life she's actually fairly normal height. Not massive, not tiny but definitely much smaller than the camera makes her look.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised about Prince Philip - I also thought he was 6ft
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I thought the same about Madonna. She looks like a giant on TV but in real life she's actually fairly normal height. Not massive, not tiny but definitely much smaller than the camera makes her look.

She's even worse. It would be like taking my little sister for a walk if I was walking alongside Madonna.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw her jogging in hyde park years ago and yes she is tiny-smiiled at me though when i shouted hi which was nice
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice:
    Girls Aloud... Especially Nadine.
    Melanie B.
    Danni Minogue.
    Louis Walsh.
    Thom Yorke.

I'm so glad you say that. He gets a bad press but I always get the impression he is nice.

I haven't met many celebs, but Lenny Henry was lovely when I met him years ago.

Mika is a really lovely down to earth bloke too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    I've been on gmtv and bbc breakfast and kate garraway and andrew tennis-player bloke, they were smashing. I met the bloke what plays the prime minister in little britain (buffy, coffee adverts) tony, he's great. As was glamourous Claire Sweeney.

I sat behind orlando bloom once, at a buddhist meeting.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I met Kelly Clarkson. She's so sweet, I got a huge hug from her and a photo with her.

How could I forget her?! I went to meet her at a local radio station and I was the only one there, so we stood and chatted for a while and she laughed at me for almost falling over (bitch, lol) and got two hugs and some photos and autographs. She was absolutely lovely!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    ^ Katie, that was a lovely thing to do. :)

There was a lady who used to be in Brookside and used to present that 60 Minute Challenge programme on ITV afternoons... I'm thinking her name was Claire something... Anyway I was amazed to see her walking up the road to my local station as I was walking down! It's like seeing a tv actress in the local corner shop!! Anyway she must had realised that I was looking at her like 'I know the face from somewhere...' and just smiled sweetly. Great persona.
    davinawho wrote: »
    ..... he's great. As was glamourous Claire Sweeney.

That's who I was referring to! Thanks :)
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Oh, and both parents met the late, great Richard Whiteley at a club 'do', early in the seventies. Apparently, he was a bit of a ladies' man and really rather liked himself, but had mellowed when they bumped into him a few years later.

Oh yes, I've heard that about him too! ;)
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    kandinski wrote: »
    Ana Matronic from Scissor Sisters,has the best sense of humour I have ever encountered.Swapped mobile nos with her,and she called me at half 6 one morning!

Jealous of you! There's not many celebs I'd like to meet but she is one of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Met Johnathan Rhys Meyers in NY last year, he was sitting next to us in a restaurant and we got chatting. He was very nice, very sexy, very down-to-earth and did I say very sexy......
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 25,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    Cilla is apparently absoloutley hated in Liverpool. They think she is a plastic scouser and has forgotten her roots.
    I can confirm your right...we cant stand her!!!:mad:
    anyway my list
    NICE
    Boris Becker
    Esther Rantzen
    Coleen Rooney(lovely girl)
    Rebecca Loos
    Depeche Mode
    Suggs(so down to earth)
    Chris Fountain
    Bob Mortimer(unlike vic)
    NOT NICE
    Alex Curran(though Stevie Gerrard is very nice)
    Ringo Starr..yes its all true hes an absolute berk.
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if I mentioned Robert Carlyle before?? He's such a lovely, sweet man..... he has time for everyone.... very nice.

I met Robbie Coltrane at the weekend too and he's a laugh and a half! Me and a pal got ambushed by him at a bar and he was very entertaining and forward!! I wasn't expecting it at all, but to say he's larger than life in every way would be to hit the nail on the head. I liked him...... a very different and refreshing encounter!
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i forgot luke perry earlier-lovely bloke very quiet

i ant believe ringo is so horrible-iw onder why
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Met 100's of very very nice celebs and those who are quite well know too. Easier if i just list the ones who I thought were miserable jerks or who weren't that nice.

Edward Furlong (Young John Connor from Terminator movies) Loathsome and disinterested. Right up himself.

William Shatner, Beyond cretinous and spoilt. So far up himself he can tickle his own tonsils. Seems to be getting worse as he gets older.

Herb Jefferson jr Use to play Boomer on the original Battlestar Galactica series. I met him about 4 times now and he is always the same. Will ignore people when they speak to him and generally looks like he might self combust with anger. Weird , not nice guy.

Forget his name but this next one did the male HOLLY on Red dwarf. Miserable disinterested git.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Amanda Burton (complete cow)

Cyndi Lauper (misery guts, altho I'm reliably informed she's not usually so)

Steven Tyler (Aerosmith - great bloke)

Robert Carlyle (nice bloke, great actor)

Daniel Day-Lewis (God of acting and so humble. I was nearly on my knees - no, not like that! Get your minds out the gutters!!!!)

Robbie Coltrane (as Soulmate says above, he was a laugh)

Carole Malone (she was actually nice!)

Fifi Phillips (just weird)

Boy George (flirty but also a laugh, able to take the pee out of himself)

Catherine Zeta-Jones (OK, I only walked past her but she smiled at me - sighs)

Renee Zellweger (very, very nice)

Patsy Kensit (nice and much prettier in the flesh)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda Burton's name always crops up as one of the 'less likeable' celebs in these kind of threads. Anyone care to enlighten me? Is she really as icy as some of the characters she plays?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Coughcandy wrote: »
    Agree and agree, Brian Robson has always been so up himself.....

Now Brian Clough, there is a man I loved as well, even though he was acidic at times!

Have to say i've met Robbo on more than a few occassions and he's never been less than charming.
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    I can confirm your right...we cant stand her!!!:mad:
    anyway my list
    NICE
    Boris Becker
    Esther Rantzen
    Coleen Rooney(lovely girl)
    Rebecca Loos
    Depeche Mode
    Suggs(so down to earth)
    Chris Fountain
    Bob Mortimer(unlike vic)
    NOT NICE
    Alex Curran(though Stevie Gerrard is very nice)
    Ringo Starr..yes its all true hes an absolute berk.

i'm from liverpool too, our apologies for cilla :o

tell us more about alex curran and ringo, were they rude to you? (i dislike both too)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prince Charles, really down to earth and funny, will chat to you about anything and everything, just his minders don't like him chatting. I was very so so about him until I met him and totally converted, lovely fella, a proper ace.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Shatner, Beyond cretinous and spoilt. So far up himself he can tickle his own tonsils. Seems to be getting worse as he gets older.

I've heard many tales of William Shanter and what a git he is. So much so that I really don't want to meet him if I ever got the chance. He's an absolutely awful convention guest by most accounts, to the point where people call any bad convention experiences with a guest a "Shanter experience" on one convention forum I lurk on.
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda Burton was on the one show the other day and she seemed a right stuck up mardy moo.Alex Curran has always struck me as a freeloader. She basically just sponges off her hubby for a living, ive heard other stuff about her as well. But I don';t want to be sued so I'll sssssh;)