Pramface Series 2 BBC3

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    People seem to talk more about things before they air then the first episode then they die off.

I watch these things on the PVR at 2 in the morning, not a lot to say about it the next day.
    I didn't know Beth is supposed to be in love with Jamie.
    Jamie's bosses cousin is wasted on Jamie, his boss and Mike would have been a giggle.
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this...one of few programs I look forward to each week!!
    Forum Member
    OK I'm getting the Beth thing this week.
    Mike on 'roids' :)
    Keith and Sandra are developing nicely, with sex in the car last week.
    Ringworm :)
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DLOL. Dylan Edwards turns up on Death In Paradise immediately before Pramface playing a character who was an even bigger idiot than Mike.

Double quality Tuesday night viewing from the BBC.:)
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    they would talk about it more if it was on BBC 2 not BBC 3
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was that the last episode ever, or was it the end of the season?

I felt a little sorry for Jamie, he's 1,000,000x more into Laura than she is into him. Her face looked like she was trapped while he blissfully slept.

I called Mike and Beth last season.
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think there is any news on a third series yet. Series 2 got announced before the first episode of Series 1 had even aired.
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    So glad they finally did it and got together! :D and LOL @ Beth and Mike.

I too am confused at to whether that was the last ever episode or just of this series, the continuity announcer was quite ambiguous about it - saying it was 'the last episode of Pramface' and reading tweets from the cast who have said they 'loved working on the show'. I wasn't at all thinking it could be the end and once he'd said that I kinda realised that they had left the show at a point where you could get a bit of closure from the storyline and most things had been wrapped up and it wasn't on a cliffhanger like last time with Laura giving birth. I had been thinking for weeks the next natural progression in storyline and end-of-series cliffhanger would surely be for Jamie to propose? Although Laura hasn't admitted she loves him yet (which will annoy me if this is the end) so perhaps that would've been a bit difficult.

I hope it's not though, definitely preferred this series to last and it's a nice watch once a week. I think they could develop it a bit further.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I do hope there is a third series, but from the tweets of the cast it did feel that maybe it was the end.

I hope we hear either yes or no from the BBC soon and they don't just keep us in the dark for ages.

But it was a brilliant episode this evening.
    Forum Member
    Perhaps if there's a third series they could go full circle and have Beth get pregnant? :D
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    I do hope there is a third series, but from the tweets of the cast it did feel that maybe it was the end.

I hope we hear either yes or no from the BBC soon and they don't just keep us in the dark for ages.

But it was a brilliant episode this evening.

add me to the list of people loving this.

Anybody else loving the background music choices? I've heard several new songs which I've had to investigate:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlett's (who plays Laura) posts on Twitter seem to suggest there won't be a third series!!!
    The end is nigh for #pramface! BOO! keep tweeting @bbcthree to get yours read out live on air after the show. Let the best twitterers win x
    Had the time of my life making #pramface. Cheers so much for all the comments, you lot are amazing. Enjoy the final hurrah.(I will NOT cry)

Although, just seen the BBC3 account respond to someone asking about a third series and they said:
    @carigelkins @Scarlett_AJ We're still waiting for news - we'll let you know as soon as we know!

But I'm sure the cast are pretty sure of the chances of it coming back before its officially decided so Scarlett's tweets really worry me.

Such a shame. The first series, I enjoyed. But it didnt actually make me laugh. I enjoyed watching it but didnt see it as a comedy.

But this series has really picked up. I've found it genuinely funny (Jamie's parents are particularly great) and I really think it could be a huge hit! Given the right promotion (the trailer for this series, which was just part of a general BBC3 trailer, looked really dull and made me unsure about it so I'm sure it didnt persuade any new viewers) and if a potential third series is up to the level of series 2, I think it could be really popular.

The only thing that frustrated me this series was how they seemingly ignored Jamie and Laura getting together at the end of the last series.

It seems the writers want a third series as they've left so many 'cliffhangers'. Laura's Dad threatening to divorce, Mike and Beth having slept together and Jamie and Laura's relationship. So I'm sure the writers want to do more, I guess it's down to BBC3! I prey this series got decent ratings (Wikipedia are missing them) and that the show comes back.

Edit:

From Sean's, who plays Jamie, twitter..
    ...fingers crossed for series 3 ay! #PRAMFACE
    (Responding to a query if that was the last episode) @Lotte_Clem of the series yes. For ever?...hope not :/ x
    I say if you want a 3rd series of #pramface... Then let your feelings be known! Go to BBC three website and let them know! :)
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    It seems the writers want a third series as they've left so many 'cliffhangers'. Laura's Dad threatening to divorce, Mike and Beth having slept together and Jamie and Laura's relationship. So I'm sure the writers want to do more, I guess it's down to BBC3! I prey this series got decent ratings (Wikipedia are missing them) and that the show comes back.

Yeah, I agree. But I also think it's been left in a way that if it doesn't come back, it got some sort of closure.

Anyone got any ideas as to why Laura looked guilty or something at the end?
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I agree. But I also think it's been left in a way that if it doesn't come back, it got some sort of closure.

I agree, they obviously deliberately wrote it like that as opposed to a proper cliffhanger like last year with Laura giving birth as they didn't know whether they were gonna get recommissioned or not.

And I was wondering that :eek: that didn't make any sense in the context of the ending really. Perhaps she had discovered something went wrong with the condom after all? :D
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member

I don't think it was a guilty look, more a " am I making the right decision" sort of look.

Mike and Beth sleeping together was always on the cards but still funny how it happened.

Will be a shame if there isn't a third series, will be missed.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura isn't into Jamie. He just isn't what she wants, even though he should be; he loves her and wants her to be happy. I do think Laura cares about him but it not enough to be with him.

I guess it will depend on what the ratings were but I think the show was reasonably popular.
    Forum Member
    Hope it comes back, want to see more of Jamie's Mum and Dad, I like them best out of the characters and provide the best comedy moments.
    Shame about the Beth and Mike storyline, should have had her copp off with some other desperate loser.

Belts are been tightened all over, I suspect ratings won't save it, unless someone in management really, really likes it and goes in to bat for it.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pramface Series 2 getting a repeat showing on one of the main BBC channels!

Starting tonight on BBC1 at 11.05pm.

Look forward to series 3.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why aren't people talking about this series more? It's great! Jamie's mum and dad are particularly funny...when they were having sex in the car and the nursery rhymes come on the stereo! :D

Laura looked pretty stunning in that dress...you can't blame Jamie, really! ;) Though I don't think they will get together in the end. Why doesn't he realise that Beth is absolutely in love with him?

The pub used for the birthday scenes and his parents in the car outside is actually called The Royal and its right opposite The Edinburgh Royal Infirmary at Little France.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best episode is the one where Jamie's dad get's a job doing gay sex chat, i thought it was hilarious.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They look too old to be young teenagers,
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick question, As this has been recommissioned again, Anybody know when this will be back on TV? Any Ideas?

Thanking you

I loved this when it started & I can't wait for it to come back :)
    Forum Member
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, As this has been recommissioned again, Anybody know when this will be back on TV? Any Ideas?

I expect it'll be back in January/February as that's when the past two series have aired. :)
    Forum Member
    I expect it'll be back in January/February as that's when the past two series have aired. :)

Bumpity bump 3rd Series back tonight 22:00.