Katie Price wins Mum of the Year

Comments

• Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She only won because Karen Matthews, Rose West and Kate McCann were the other nominees....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I thought she was a good mum, as celeb mums go, she has a lot to deal with too
    Forum Member
    Was Kate McCann a nominee? Seriously???
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a good mum, as celeb mums go, she has a lot to deal with too

anything she has to deal with is mostly of her own making
    Forum Member
    I meant Harvey, hes so gorgeous too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    and the army of nannies.

makes a mockery of real parents

Not really, unless you wanted an award from Foxy Bingo? Seriously don't know why people are bothered about this, it's like getting a Chef of the Year award from Pukka Pies.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Foxy Bingo she used to promote. Right....that was a surprise then.
    And beating Denise Flasher Welch and Natasha :rolleyes: Giggs. That was quite stiff competition .;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any of you negative people read the abusive things you write about Katie Price. I would be ashamed of myself if I sunk that low.
    Peter and Katie's children are obviously loved and well cared for.they always look happy and that for me is enough.
    As for those slating her for having nannies ,so does Peter yet none of you mention that.
    How any of you could compare her to Rose West is disgraceful.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    So Katie and Peter are parents of the year eh.

You've just gotta laugh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a dreadful mother. Self absorbed and selfish.
    The nannies deserve it though ......for rearing nice kiddies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara27 do you live with either of them to make this judgement? No neither do I. We don't see her parenting skills as she has chosen not to film them. We also only see an edited version of Peter with his children so really can not judge him either.
    They both have nannies as do many people who work and can afford them
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you negative people read the abusive things you write about Katie Price. I would be ashamed of myself if I sunk that low.
    Peter and Katie's children are obviously loved and well cared for.they always look happy and that for me is enough.
    As for those slating her for having nannies ,so does Peter yet none of you mention that.
    How any of you could compare her to Rose West is disgraceful.

Yup Peter does have nannies but this thread is not about him?

If Kerry had won she would have got the same criticism as she has a nanny(s) too.

You are right there is nothing wrong in some peoples eyes with having a nanny- however the nanny is not the parent. And Jordan is quite happy to leave her kids at home with them while she flaunts around the world with her latest beau.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes celebrity mothers better than normal mothers? I'm telling you, my mum gave everything for me and my brother...

Where the **** is her award? Oh, wait, she doesn't need an award from some tacky gambling site to validate her abilities as a parent.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tara27 do you live with either of them to make this judgement? No neither do I. We don't see her parenting skills as she has chosen not to film them. We also only see an edited version of Peter with his children so really can not judge him either.
    They both have nannies as do many people who work and can afford them
    Good grief no....I'm not one of their nannies. I see enough to make a judgement on what I see. I saw her curtail a trip to a theme park with the kids cos one of her false teeth fell out and she needed "emergency" cosmetic treatment to glue it back in. And I saw her sulking and sitting aside on a beach trip complaining "the ****ing sand was ruining her boots".And I saw her reduce Junior to tears after she threatened to eat his pet snail.And telling Harvey to go away saying, "Mummy getting her hair done Harvey !"
    Good for the kids that she can afford the nannies,God knows the kids could do with some consistency in their time with her.
    So yes....for sure the nannies deserve the award they've won.Or her mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear
    I know the thread isn't about Peter but others have compared their parenting skills. So I thought I would point out they are both the same. As for going on holiday whilst the children stay at home. So has the other parent yet none of you Andre defenders appear to say anything about.
    I find the constant abuse of someone you or I don't really know strange.
    I think they are both good parents and I don't have a problem with either of them having nannies. In their line of work they do not work 9 - 5 so need a good support network around them.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    Good grief no....I'm not one of their nannies. I see enough to make a judgement on what I see. I saw her curtail a trip to a theme park with the kids cos one of her false teeth fell out and she needed "emergency" cosmetic treatment to glue it back in. And I saw her sulking and sitting aside on a beach trip complaining "the ****ing sand was ruining her boots".And I saw her reduce Junior to tears after she threatened to eat his pet snail.And telling Harvey to go away saying, "Mummy getting her hair done Harvey !"
    Good for the kids that she can afford the nannies,God knows the kids could do with some consistency in their time with her.

This ^^ :)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    tara27 wrote: »

Ok, how you know so much about PA and KP's lifes? You Saw? that was in their TV Programmes or you were just there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    16caerhos wrote: »
    What makes celebrity mothers better than normal mothers?

Lots and lots of money. No matter how ghastly she is, she's rich enough that her kids need never know the dulling hell of... well, knowing who people like Katie Price are.

Where the **** is her award? Oh, wait, she doesn't need an award from some tacky gambling site to validate her abilities as a parent.

Are you sure about that? You seem really annoyed about it for someone who doesn't care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes celebrity mothers better than normal mothers? I'm telling you, my mum gave everything for me and my brother...

I know. You have to laugh. My mother (& father) raised 8 kids and worked part time in a laundry as well to ease finances. Her reward was 8 well educated, well adjusted adults who adored her.
    Nannies....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara27
    While I congratulate your mum & dad on raising 8 lovely children on a limited budget.i myself have 4 children and am a widow raising mine myself. With the support of my family and nursery care so that I can work.
    I don't begrudge Katie or Peter being able to afford nannies or any other support because they have money and can afford the care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Ok, how you know so much about PA and KP's lifes? You Saw? that was in their TV Programmes or you were just there?
    I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question since I wouldn't be seen dead near her.
    Considering the number of shows she has churned out over the years I would say I've seen more than enough to judge. Didn't she seduce(I'm being polite there) that boy who nearly won a Talent Show ...Gareth something ?.....while she was heavily pregnant with Harvey ? Yes,indeed she did. That set the pattern for her mothering skills right there. Good choice Foxy.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't begrudge Katie or Peter being able to afford nannies or any other support because they have money and can afford the care.

In that case it's not Katie that deserves the award.

You've rather shot yourself in the foot with that remark. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How have I. I was answering the point about Katie / Peter having nannies.
    That doesn't make her less of a mother as far as I'm concerned. If so then I too am a bad mother?
    Is that what you believe? That any parent who has help with their children due to working is a bad / undeserving parent?
    All those people named in the category of Celebrity Parent of the Year will have support/ nannies of some description due to the nature of their jobs
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear the woman but some of the posts here are ridiculous. Do people really think women who use childcare means they can't be good mums? I thought we'd moved on from the days when all women were good little housewives who stayed home 24\7.