Little Mix & The Saturdays in America

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
Forum Member
So Little Mix have today announced a US deal with Columbia Records, releasing 'Wings' in the coming months...

With The Saturdays also set to release in the US soon, who do you feel will do better...

My opinion is here http://jcjmusic.wordpress.com/ so what does everyone think?! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor America.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I hope Little Mix will do the best out of the two, I'm going to be stanning for them but I do like The Saturdays, I hope they do good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see what happens soon!

The Sats show will raise their profile and sell some copies, but it might take more than that. Just like LM is gonna need more than one appearance too.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few British acts have had success, so now it's ok to flood them out with any old rubbish is it? well why not, at least it gives us a break.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling The Saturdays are going to flop in America :/
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think and hope Little Mix will do better, I do like The Sats aswell though so I hope they also do well :)
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what material Saturdays have. But i'm going with the Sats to do better
  • katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little mix may sell off the one direction 'wave' people are aware of them as Petrie is dating zayn, could help to get them noticed and sell records
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Little Mix will do much better than The Saturdays. I like the Saturdays, but I prefer Little Mix. I really don't know how well The Sats will do in America. Little Mix seem to have a fanbase in the US already and Wings has been in the top ten on the US iTunes Music Video chart for like four months.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Depends what material Saturdays have. But i'm going with the Sats to do better
    Stally wrote: »
    I think Little Mix will do much better than The Saturdays. I like the Saturdays, but I prefer Little Mix. I really don't know how well The Sats will do in America. Little Mix seem to have a fanbase in the US already and Wings has been in the top ten on the US iTunes Music Video chart for like four months.

Much as I like the Saturdays, I feel that Little Mix released better music in 2012. While the Saturdays had been around longer before testing the American market than Little Mix, people in America were more likely to have heard of Little Mix having been X Factor winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really hope the saturdays have a hit or two out there.

I really feel for the girls at times, they do work their arses off and to of come from nothing to where they are now (for any band) is hard enough. They haven't had the XFactor platform to already establish an audience, so they should feel proud about what they've already achieved to be fair!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I hope both of them do well - I love them both
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    I really, really hope the saturdays have a hit or two out there.

I really feel for the girls at times, they do work their arses off and to of come from nothing to where they are now (for any band) is hard enough. They haven't had the XFactor platform to already establish an audience, so they should feel proud about what they've already achieved to be fair!

There's actually plenty of acts out there that write, play and toured up and down the country to get where they are without the use of X Factor or exploiting the national press through their personal lives...

So all this working hard business? My ass is what I have to say to that.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix I guess are already pretty well known in the US. I mean, their albums have sold over a million each there so I'm guessing at least half of them know who Perrie is because of Zayn and then they do their research so I think Little Mix will be huge!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's actually plenty of acts out there that write, play and toured up and down the country to get where they are without the use of X Factor or exploiting the national press through their personal lives...

So all this working hard business? My ass is what I have to say to that.

Sure, I'll give you that.

But bands such as Little Mix, One Direction etc have far more success than The Saturdays for frankly doing nothing. That's the point i'm trying to make here.

Sure, The Saturdays were put together, and sure they may only have a hand on co-writing small snippets of material (I suppose they do at least get involved) - But at least they're still fighting for it after 4 years of virtually nothing. Look at the sugababes, by this time they'd already changed a member and were the spice girls even still together after 4 years?

That's the point i'm trying to make, The Saturdays have some real gems on their albums, and it'd be nice for them to get some recognition for a change.