Your Halloween Viewing....?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
As Halloween approaches - I wondered what you planned to watch on the night (if anything).

Halloween is a big night in the Scubamonkey house, with copious amounts of great food and good wine and three horror films I have never seen before......

So what about you? What are you going to watch? Are you sticking with something like Halloween, watching your favourite horror film that you have seen a million times before or is it something new?

Comments

• Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Shining is having a one off screening in Cineworlds across the country on Halloween, no doubt I will checking it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halloween. What else?

Also Trick r Treat :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Wrong Turn 4
    Wrong Turn 5
    V/H/S
    American Horror season 2 episode 1.

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Scream, the Directors Cut.
    Re-Animator
    Rawhead Rex
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I think all horror films a clichéd shite I think I'll spend my evening playing Assassins Creed 3 which is released that day. Nerding it up big time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    As I think all horror films a clichéd shite I think I'll spend my evening playing Assassins Creed 3 which is released that day. Nerding it up big time.

ok :rolleyes:
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spending the evening nerding it up on a game released that day isn't nerdy in the slightest is it ;)

I usually watch Halloween and Halloween II as i'm a sucker for tradition, but this year i shall be watching the new Criterion Blu-Ray of Rosemary's Baby.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

You should pop off to the gaming forum :p
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazed that there is no Halloween movies on the 5 main channels next week!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    My 5 essentials-

1) Halloween- The original is the best- genuinley menacing and feels like so much more than a slasher movie

2) An American Werewolf in London- My favourite film of all time and a killer soundtrack to match.

3) Hocus Pocus- Something a bit light hearted and reminds me of childhood halloweens.

4) When A Stranger Calls- Probably the most genuinely menacing film ever produced, and has left me with a fear of answering the phone ever since. "Have you checked the children"

5) Whislte And I'll Come To You- The end sequence of this is honestly terrifying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing cliched about Assassins Creed 3
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Amazed that there is no Halloween movies on the 5 main channels next week!

I know. BBC4 showed "Halloween" last year so i'm surprised, oh well, i'll buy H1 & H2 on DVD! 5USA is showing H4 & H5 on Tues and Halloween night though :cool:
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get my halloween boxset out and watch most of them throughout the day except number 3 which isn't a true halloween movie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    The Shining is having a one off screening in Cineworlds across the country on Halloween, no doubt I will checking it out.

Same here, although i should point out that it's not a "one off" screening, Cineworld and other cinemas are showing it from the 2nd of November when it goes on general release (and the Cineworld nearest to me has put on another showing on halloween because the 8:30pm one is nearly sold out), me and my friends have already got our tickets for the 8:30pm halloween screening:D
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to see the new Silent Hill movie. Have to go further abroad because my local Vue sucks at showing movies I want to see. But I really want to see this movie and will pay an extra couple of quid to travel further. Wish I had time to create a silent Hill nurse outfit.

(Drat looked it up and stuck with 3d only) 3D GO TO HELL!
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I'm going to see the new Silent Hill movie. Have to go further abroad because my local Vue sucks at showing movies I want to see. But I really want to see this movie and will pay an extra couple of quid to travel further. Wish I had time to create a silent Hill nurse outfit.

(Drat looked it up and stuck with 3d only) 3D GO TO HELL!

edit; ok found a non 3d showing about the same distance and sabing me a couple ogf quid ion the ticket
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb2k9 wrote: »
    get my halloween boxset out and watch most of them throughout the day except number 3 which isn't a true halloween movie

Yes it is, it just isn't about Michael Myers.

I think the anthology format would have been cool if it continued as planned actually.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt I'll be watching anything this Halloween sadly as it's a worknight, and I seldom these days seem to feel the window of opportunity is there during the evenings to feel I can relax and be 'in the mood' for a film for a sufficient amount of time, by the time you've offloaded the shackles of the day, seen to everything around the house and plan to make it to bed at a decent enough time to attempt a good night's sleep :(

Having said that I have noticed that there's something on BBC4 next week - not sure if it's actual Halloween night - a Mark Gatiss documentary about European horror through the ages. Shall certainly be catching that :)

I did for a while fall into a ritual of watching the 1925 Phantom Of The Opera every year. Perhaps not the most immediate Halloween viewing choice for many, but to me it nostalgically evoked the enigma of what horror films were all about when I was younger and my only sources of reference (being too young to stay up to watch late night TV) were things like old Starburst annuals - creepy gothic buildings, cobwebs, cadavers and catacombs.

I swear I will get back into the habit one day of having an orgy of cinematic celebration of Halloween. It would be great to have an 'all-decades' theme and spend from dusk to dawn rattling through a back-to-back marathon of creepy flicks starting from the 20s and working my through to the present day. Of course with the best will in the world I'd have to skip a decade or two for sheer time constraints lol.

Oh and of course I'd need to be living somewhere (am presently trying to move) more likely to not have to suffer the ambience-destroying interruptions of flamin' trick or treaters!! Grr :mad: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Halloween 3 and Monster Squad screening in Manchester
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More than likelyt be watching the scream films again
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching the 3 part adaptation of James Herbert's The Secret of Crickley Hall on BBC1 on the 29th, 30th and 31st of this month.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'll TRY to watch .....

resident evil
    resident evil apocolypse
    resident evil extinction (not seen)
    resident evil degeneration (not seen)
    resident evil afterlife (bluray) (not seen)

and i have downloaded off youtube

amsterdamned
    galaxy of terror (not seen)
    C.H.U.D.
    C.H.U.D. 2
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes like to watch the sky horror channels little movies :o

They had the Sleepaway Camp movies on one year. Awesome stuff
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really scary .... the price of cinema tickets.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romero's Trilogy of the Dead or Evil Dead Trilogy.

Or I might crack open my Classic Universal Monster box set which includes Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Mummy, all the classics from the Golden Age.