DWTS: Season 18 General Discussion

AmericanRufus14AmericanRufus14 Posts: 46
Forum Member
I figured since nobody else was gonna start this thread then I might as well. Though I can see why, not a lot of rumors have surfaced. These are the only names that I have heard.

Cody Simpson- Australia's answer to Justin Beiber
Kelly Brook- Model; Strictly Come Dancing import
Bruce Jenner- Former Decathlete, current scarecrow

The show starts March 17th and the hosts and judges will stay the same. Still a one night format.

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they wouldn't want Kelly as she has already done Strictly? Admittedly she had to leave the series fairly early, but she still covered quite a few dances.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem could be a new pro on DWTS this year.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »

How so?
  • AmericanRufus14AmericanRufus14 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    luigy39 wrote: »

He could, he probably wont, but he could.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might overlook it but Artem and Carrie Ann (judge on DWTS-US) used to be a couple - wouldn't that be conflict of interest?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/carrie-ann-inaba-splits-with-ex-sytycd-dancer-artem-chigvintsev-8398.php
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    They might overlook it but Artem and Carrie Ann (judge on DWTS-US) used to be a couple - wouldn't that be conflict of interest?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/carrie-ann-inaba-splits-with-ex-sytycd-dancer-artem-chigvintsev-8398.php

Why would it be? They had Maks judging Karina, who he used to be engaged to, and Julianne Hough judging her own brother.

That said, they showed no interest in either Artem or Aliona despite both both dancing on the last DWTS tour and in a few results show dances. They chose Gleb Savencho to be part of the cast. Artem and Gleb are about the same height and age, but Gleb (and Dmitry, to some) are considered more of a heartthrob.
  • Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I could be jumping the gun here... But I am surprised that, not only are there so few rumours for a line up, but they haven't even announced when they will be unveiling the cast!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    I could be jumping the gun here... But I am surprised that, not only are there so few rumours for a line up, but they haven't even announced when they will be unveiling the cast!!

Do you think they might be holding off to see if they can entice one or more Olympic athletes to sign up?
    Forum Member
    Do you think they might be holding off to see if they can entice one or more Olympic athletes to sign up?

Possibly, I hadn't thought of that!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    Possibly, I hadn't thought of that!!

When Meryl Davis said in an interview shortly after their Gold Medal win in ice dancing that they would be honored to be asked to compete on DWTS, I took it only half seriously.

But now that they have seriously expressed interest to US Weekly, I don't see how DWTS producers can pass up the opportunity to get not one, but two Gold Medalists who have been partners for 17 years to compete against one another.

"Guess which dream team duo wants to hit the Dancing floor? Olympic ice dancing gold medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White tell Us Weekly that they would "love" to compete on ABC's Dancing WIth the Stars.

"The Michigan natives, who were first introduced to DWTS pro Derek Hough through their agency, said it was "amazing" working with the five-time Mirrorball Trophy winner, who helped choreograph their My Fair Lady-themed short dance. "He texted me, I think it was after the free dance," Davis told Us of Hough. "He was so excited."

"When asked if they would consider appearing on the ABC smash -- where Olympians Apolo Ohno, Kristi Yamaguchi and Shawn Johnson have competed and won -- 26-year-old White quipped, "Why not!"

"His brunette counterpart also enthusiastically responded, "I mean, if we were invited... we would love to do it!"

"If they were to appear on DWTS, it would be the first time in 17 years that the five-time national champs would compete against each other. "It would be great," White said laughing while Davis quipped, "It would be a lot of fun."

"As for dream partners? Davis said she would stick with Hough while White asked, "Is it too late to get his sister [Julianne Hough] back on the show?!"

"We've spoken about that!" Davis remarked. "If I could dance with Derek and he could dance with Julianne, that would be so fun."
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke is out and the band has been let go. Hmm. Wonder what other changes are in store.

http://www.eonline.com/news/513707/dancing-with-the-stars-shakeup-brooke-burke-charvet-out-as-co-host-get-the-details?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939

I saw an interview with Mark Ballas where he said that because of the leaks only a few high level producers and the casting director know who is being cast.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Brooke is out and the band has been let go. Hmm. Wonder what other changes are in store.

http://www.eonline.com/news/513707/dancing-with-the-stars-shakeup-brooke-burke-charvet-out-as-co-host-get-the-details?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939

I saw an interview with Mark Ballas where he said that because of the leaks only a few high level producers and the casting director know who is being cast.

Crikey! I'm shocked. I thought at first glance this meant no live band! :o Is the new band much smaller (and cheaper) I wonder, or just perceived to be more modern? I like having a proper orchestra :(. Not so disappointed about Brooke (though surprised). Will Tom present alone or get a new sidekick? Brooke's role in the new one show format did seem a bit tenuous...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB - Ha ha!

Add to that the current 'Bachelor' ^_^. Can't remember his name.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Really don't like the current bachelor (not too keen on homophobes ;))
  • AmericanRufus14AmericanRufus14 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Here is a list of rumors I've heard

Meryl Davis- Olympic gold medel winning ice dancer/Disney Princess look alike
    Charlie White- Olympic gold medel winning ice dancer/Disney Prince look alike
    Dan Cortese- random actor; posed hypothetical question on twitter
    Juan Pablo Galavis current Bachelor/person who exists

the cast will be announced March 4th
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke gone does not bother me. All the best though.

Bad move with the band though. For me DWTS needs a Craig Revel Horwood TBH, someone who is tough and tells it like it is. The DWTS judges are too nice. At least on SCD Len and Bruno a much harsher (Till around week 8 when they fling 10's left right and center). I also think the line-up is key for any successful series.

Why not ABC just focus on one big season like we do??

Anyway thats my suggestions to improve the show. IMO so far last years changes where horrific.
    Forum Member
    Erin Andrews is the new co host!!
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last season proved that Tom doesn't actually need a co-host. With the new set layout, sitting the couples right next to the judges' desk, Tom ended up doing both his role and Brooke's. They could easily save the salary and not bother replacing Brooke.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scarecrow or plastic Ken doll gone wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a list of rumors I've heard

Meryl Davis- Olympic gold medel winning ice dancer/Disney Princess look alike
    Charlie White- Olympic gold medel winning ice dancer/Disney Prince look alike
    Dan Cortese- random actor; posed hypothetical question on twitter
    Juan Pablo Galavis current Bachelor/person who exists

the cast will be announced March 4th

According the PureDwts, the bachelor person's dodgy comments have blown his chances of doing Dwts....so he's relegated to 'unlikely'

From the same source, other plausibles:

Jaclyn Smith - Charlie's Angel
    Shay Mitchell - Pretty Little Liars star
    NeNe Leakes - Real Housewives of Atlanta star
    Diana Nyad - Long distance swimmer
    Candace Cameron Bure - Full House star

("star" used loosely ;-))
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    NeNe Leakes... Great xD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »

That might be the aim, but unless those high-level producers and the casting director are personally handling all the details such as making airline reservations, cutting and sending the checks, printing and sending the contracts and opening all their own mail - bypassing the celebs' agents, managers, and publicists and cutting them off from their friends and relatives - the circle of those in the know has to be wider than that.

Also, nothing stopped Cody Simpson from tweeting he was offered a spot and tweeting he had good news to share, or other celebrities broadly hinting they can't wait or they did something amazing today they can't wait to share.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That might be the aim, but unless those high-level producers and the casting director are personally handling all the details such as making airline reservations, cutting and sending the checks, printing and sending the contracts and opening all their own mail - bypassing the celebs' agents, managers, and publicists and cutting them off from their friends and relatives - the circle of those in the know has to be wider than that.

Also, nothing stopped Cody Simpson from tweeting he was offered a spot and tweeting he had good news to share, or other celebrities broadly hinting they can't wait or they did something amazing today they can't wait to share.

Got it Dancefan. I am just paraphrasing what Mark said.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG PLEASE!!! Nene Leakes <3333