Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Kill Bill Part 1; 9/10

Seen it a ton of times already of course, frankly, it's a classic.

Not sure the OH appreciated it though :(
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched two yesterday....

Cecil B. DeMented - Rubbish.

Hell Drivers - Great. I already knew that, though, because I've seen it loads of times before. What a great cast!
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    A Damsel in Distress (1937) - 6/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf Town - Avoid at all costs.

Terrible acting; poor story & laughable horror.

I could have accepted all these things if it was just a big dumb film, but it's nowhere near that good.

To add insult to more insult, it looked like it was made with a budget of £1.97!
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Hill- Australian movie about a young cop moving to the outback, where all hell breaks loose. Fairly predictable stuff.
    Mission to Lars- Documentary style movie about a brother & sister taking their other brother, who has a form of Autism, to the USA to meet his hero- Lars Ullrich, drummer in heavy rock band, Metallica. A nice film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tender Mercies - Low key 1982 movie starring Robert Duvall (apparently he won an Oscar for this performance) as an alcoholic country and western singer. It was alright, and well enough acted, but it seemed to be missing bits here and there and felt a bit rushed.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now You See Me (LINK)

A preposterous tale but a fun one. Very enjoyable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Infection, but i just watched half an hour as it was crap..crap acting and crap camerawork and crap actors..crap lol..but it was from poundland :D
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best Man Down on sky - I started watching it and thought what a load of rubbish but after a while I wanted to know why the fat man was so unhappy and then I quite enjoyed it.
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 372,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleeping Beauty
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Only god forgives

Really not sure what to think!!?! Some if it was really really good but other parts are a tad odd!

7 or 4/10

Kristen S-T is lurvley in it though in a slightly dodgy way...
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Wife and I watched Swinging With The Finkles on DVD last night - a truly awfull film, not funny, badly acted and very predictable. The sight of Angus Deaytons bare arse AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sheltering Sky (1990)

Tried watching this again last, still didn't get to the end. It certainly divides opinion, some call it a masterpiece, one of the best films they've ever seen. I thought it was just tedious navel gazing by an unlikeable, spoilt American couple who had too much time on their hands. Beautiful to look at though, if you like deserts.
    Perhaps I should have read the book ?

6/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Stories We Tell 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Silver Linings Playbook - 08/10.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Deep - 5/10.

First time seeing this. Awful but so entertaining. I have no idea why when I was a kid, I thought this was a dark horror film. Must be the poster and my parents.
    They usually let me watch any film, but for a while, they wouldn't allow me to watch these films: Basket Case, The Deep, The Entity, Happy Birthday to Me, Cannibal Holocaust and Maniac. Weird as they let me watch The Thing, Escape From New York, Class of 1984 and (partially) The Exterminator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Wife and I watched Swinging With The Finkles on DVD last night - a truly awfull film, not funny, badly acted and very predictable. The sight of Angus Deaytons bare arse AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !

Now that does sound bad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    The Shawshank Redemption - Saw it for the first time last night, after many people badgering me to watch it for many years. I enjoyed watching it, the acting was brilliant, I understand why it's critically acclaimed. So I'm giving it 8/10.

But it's not my normal type of go to watch movie. It's not a film with a story I can *enjoy*.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Life of David Gale

I'm not really sure whether this was good or shit, but I did end up enjoying it in the later half of the film.

sooooo....7/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Spring Breakers -1/10

90 minute music video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jericho Mansions - Psychological thriller starring James Caan as the caretaker of the titular block of flats. Not bad. One of a four films on a single £1 DVD disc I bought from Poundland years ago, but never got around to watching until now. Next up is 'Leprechaun In The Hood'. I can't wait!
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Darling Companion
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Jericho Mansions - Psychological thriller starring James Caan as the caretaker of the titular block of flats. Not bad. One of a four films on a single £1 DVD disc I bought from Poundland years ago, but never got around to watching until now. Next up is 'Leprechaun In The Hood'. I can't wait!

You know, I think I did exactly the same thing, and it's STILL sitting unwatched on a shelf somewhere. Is it the one with Servants of Twilight on it as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intruder2k wrote: »
    You know, I think I did exactly the same thing, and it's STILL sitting unwatched on a shelf somewhere. Is it the one with Servants of Twilight on it as well?

Yep, that's the one. 'The Mind Snatchers' is the fourth film.

I've bought hundreds of cheapo DVDs in the last few years. I've stopped buying them now, and I'm finally working my way through my backlog. Anything I don't like or don't think I'll watch again is getting traded in. This compilation is probably worthless, but I think I would have kept it just on the strength of 'Jericho Mansions' anyway. Like I say, it isn't a bad film, and the picture quality is okay.

'The Mind Snatchers' sounds intriguing...... One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest meets A Clockwork Orange, according to the blurb on the box inlay!

EDIT Actually, it isn't worthless. I can get 30p credit for it at CeX, if I so desire!
This discussion has been closed.