He's baaack...James Arthur being delightful again

Comments

• Jinnyjoe1Jinnyjoe1 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I was a massive fan of James when he was on x factor right from the start. So when did the change set in..... well when he slagged of Union J on Twitter (which he's entitled to by all means) but then he appeared on X Factor live show that Saturday night and was very sarcastic and smart saying he backed Union J, it was so snide and obviously untrue that I then and there said to myself you are an a**. I've tried to maintain an innocent until proven guilty stance since then but seriously at this stage, James is not the down to earth singer/song writer that he liked to promote on x factor, he is an egotistical, immature and at times downright stupid lad, who should know better and is the author of his own destruction. Such a shame really because he was really very popular and had he kept his big mouth shut, he'd be sailing through the charts and to a life of comfort and musicality. Stupid Stupid boy.>:(
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    ‘Management have to handle James very carefully. He’s a talented yet sensitive soul and has suffered with depression in the past. He has done so well to behave himself on Twitter since his previous rant so bosses are frustrated that it has all blown up again.

‘But sometimes the level of abuse he gets is too much and he can’t resist hitting back.

‘Syco realise the public have turned against James and they are trying to get it all under control.’

Keeping my mouth zipped as the quote says it all. Just how do they turn the public around?

Sorry, but lots of people have suffered with depression without turning into rampaging asshats. Whatever he's struggling with, if anything more than sheer arrogance, comes across more like a personality disorder than depression to me (not that the two are mutually exclusive by any means).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘Management have to handle James very carefully. He’s a talented yet sensitive soul and has suffered with depression in the past. He has done so well to behave himself on Twitter since his previous rant so bosses are frustrated that it has all blown up again.

‘But sometimes the level of abuse he gets is too much and he can’t resist hitting back.

‘Syco realise the public have turned against James and they are trying to get it all under control.’

Keeping my mouth zipped as the quote says it all. Just how do they turn the public around?

I am not sure that suffering depression in the past is an excuse for his current behaviour - and if it was really serious it would be treated with suppressant medication.

Whether or not James Arthur was responsible for these tweets, he is a victim of his earlier actions which were committed in the public domain and have come back to haunt him. As he is in his 20s he should have been adult enough to realise the consequences of his actions at the time, which IMO have already taken away what career and fanbase he may/not have had.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Sorry, but lots of people have suffered with depression without turning into rampaging asshats. Whatever he's struggling with, if anything more than sheer arrogance, comes across more like a personality disorder than depression to me (not that the two are mutually exclusive by any means).

Hi, that is a quote from his Management Company, which says it all and being a very sarcastic person who is not team James, I must admit my own interpretation has a different spin.

I think he has them by the short and curlies and they have no idea what to do. Karma is so sweet, especially when served cold.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they can't. They've never been able to turn around a downward slide of the impeccably behaved, it's unlikely a label is going to put it's back into any attempt to resurrect JA's career. There only seems to be a handful of Cardle supporters and other diligent twitter watchers with any interest in him anymore, the rest of the world has moved on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, that is a quote from his Management Company, which says it all and being a very sarcastic person who is not team James, I must admit my own interpretation has a different spin.

I think he has them by the short and curlies and they have no idea what to do. Karma is so sweet, especially when served cold.

Sorry, I realised that was a quote from his management, not you yourself, so my comment was addressed to their spin rather than you. Apologies if that didn't come across.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I realised that was a quote from his management, not you yourself, so my comment was addressed to their spin rather than you. Apologies if that didn't come across.

No problems, I just hoped you did not think it came from me. Personally I am still chuckling at the fact they have not got a clue as how to deal with him or re-engage him with the public. It could not happen to a nicer organisation.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds to me, from that article, like Syco are still desperately trying to harness the 'talented yet tortured' angle that they've been pushing with him all along. The problem is that he isn't particularly talented, certainly not when compared to the other artists who have received this label in the past (Morrissey, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain etc spring to mind) and he doesn't come across as particularly tortured, either. He just comes across as a bit of a nasty, bigoted and slightly dim person blundering from one PR disaster to another. His sales, barring Impossible, are adequate but nothing astounding, especially not for the amount of money that was spent on producing and promoting his album (and considering the airplay he's received, I'd go so far as to say that it's actually underperformed), and he's had some international success but nothing that is going to keep Syco majorly in pocket.

I think they're still holding out for an Impossible-style hit from him but I can't see him fluking another song that well-received. He's coming across as a figure of ridicule now, and while I think they'll chance a second album with him, I doubt it will receive anywhere near the financial investment that the first one got. If Syco have any sense of responsibility they'll pull the plug for an indefinite period of time and get him the help he needs. The talk of suicide is worrying. He may be heading for a total breakdown (either that or he's an extremely manipulative individual) and I think this is pretty much unknown territory for Syco at this point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can't. They've never been able to turn around a downward slide of the impeccably behaved, it's unlikely a label is going to put it's back into any attempt to resurrect JA's career. There only seems to be a handful of Cardle supporters and other diligent twitter watchers with any interest in him anymore, the rest of the world has moved on.

I am a more than a happy Matt Cardle fan and cannot wait to see him on tour in April. I do not follow James Arthur and just saw the thread. Assumed he had a single to sell, needed publicity and it was all a PR trick and had no interest in feeding the thread. There again, there have been some genuine comments that caught my interest. Do not wish him any harm and actually hope he sorts himself out, matures emotionally and grows up, but must admit to chuckling at the irony of it all.
  • RottilargoRottilargo Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur in further Twitter trouble after naked picture of feuding model is leaked: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-twitter-model-naked-3135899
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Rottilargo wrote: »
    James Arthur in further Twitter trouble after naked picture of feuding model is leaked: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-twitter-model-naked-3135899

Had she forgotten she had sent him that picture?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    A friend of James has posted an 'intimate' photo of that model he was sexting, and tweeted it to the press too. Classy.

She's responded:
    Teddy Edwardes ‏@TeddyEdwardes
    Why are people acting like they've never sent anyone a naked photo before? 😂 @JamesArthur23 have you ever sent one? 👀

@laurenbowden89: @TeddyEdwardes maybe you should sell your story after all” Oh don't worry I have a far better plan 😉
    Crabbie123 wrote: »

It sounded familiar - there was a post further up the thread (above) that mentioned what happened and the girl's bizarrely chilled out reply. Is she implying she has pictures of JA naked? Brain bleach moment.
    The #Askjames fiasco on twitter (which was very funny at times) suggests he's seen now generally as a bit of a laughing stock and thats very hard to come back from... if and when it becomes seriously uncool to like/admire him.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/from-can-penguins-fly-to-who-are-you-the-funniest-twitter-responses-to-askjamesarthur-4299616/
    I agree with _elly001 that Syco are going for the predictable 'tortured genius' angle which is all they have really apart from trying to use their PR muscle to bribe or threaten the press to back off, but it doesn't gel too well with 'laughing stock'. I suspect only his hardcore scary fan base believe he's either tortured, a genius or any kind of victim.
    Given he had 'one last chance' though and blew it very publicly but still has 'one last chance', I continue to believe Syco will renew his contract using said tortured genius angle and going big on his unprecedented cosmic talent, but guessing they hope his overseas fan base will keep him going.
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Uncle Simon doesn't seem too pleased with his antics http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a550684/simon-cowell-pleads-with-x-factors-james-arthur-please-stay-off-twitter.html

By the way, I believe this is his "personal" twitter account: https://twitter.com/SmokeyRaff23

goodness knows what he says on there :p
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the irony on internet safety day! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with the 'tortured genius' angle is that one generally has to display some form of genius for people to fall for it. 'Tortured competent' doesn't have quite the same cachet.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Uncle Simon doesn't seem too pleased with his antics http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a550684/simon-cowell-pleads-with-x-factors-james-arthur-please-stay-off-twitter.html

By the way, I believe this is his "personal" twitter account: https://twitter.com/SmokeyRaff23

If that is genuinely his personal Twitter account, then the bio says it all. Who, other than a narcissist, would say they are a fan of themselves?

Maybe, with the benefit of hindsight, James may wish he took Matt's advice last year, rather than going on a massive hate campaign against him that has only stopped since the homophobia gaff turned him into a media pariah.

If someone at the XF or label had not turns a blind eye to James' bullying twitter behaviour earlier, maybe he wouldn't be in the mess he now is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No doubt the new campaign, to re-engage him with the public will start with an interview 'How Yoga Saved My Life', followed by The James Arthur Yoga DVD or perhaps 'The James Arthur Guide to Tweeting With Yoga'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt the new campaign, to re-engage him with the public will start with an interview 'How Yoga Saved My Life', followed by The James Arthur Yoga DVD or perhaps 'The James Arthur Guide to Tweeting With Yoga'.

Ah, I love it :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur fans should be ashamed of themselves for sending Teddy Edwardes death threats:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-fans-should-ashamed-3138122

It's really sad to see grown women behaving this way.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »

I don't think she sent James the picture. His friend said he got it from an ex-colleague. She tweeted earlier:

@sking1968 I never lost my phone and that photo was never online, It was for the guy I was seeing at the time #boreoff

@hajjipajji @sking1968 The person that gave it to him and the person who uploaded it are to blame.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Sorry but whatever the rights and wrongs, a woman who sends photographs of her private parts to anyone she is not in a relationship with cannot complain when she is treated with a lack of respect!

What sort of message does that give any man!! I'm no JA fan where his behaviour is concerned but hey, she was the one who thought it apporpriate behaviour to send a photo like that. Don't complain then when you get treated as cheap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Sorry but whatever the rights and wrongs, a woman who sends photographs of her private parts to anyone she is not in a relationship with cannot complain when she is treated with a lack of respect!

What sort of message does that give any man!! I'm no JA fan where his behaviour is concerned but hey, she was the one who thought it apporpriate behaviour to send a photo like that. Don't complain then when you get treated as cheap.

I'm not sure she's actually complaining though? The tweet I saw implied she wasn't particularly bothered.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure she's actually complaining though? The tweet I saw implied she wasn't particularly bothered.

Perhaps not, but you take my point I'm sure.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »

IF what she said is true (no idea):
    "Teddy Edwardes ‏@TeddyEdwardes: @sking1968 I never lost my phone and that photo was never online, It was for the guy I was seeing at the time #boreoff"
    So if I rightly understand, it's an ex-boyfriend... as in she might have been in a relationship with him at the time...
    While I think that taking naked pics & sending them to your boy/girlfriend is always a bad idea because you never know what they will do with them later (pettiness after a breakup is not uncommon), your criticism might not apply here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur fans should be ashamed of themselves for sending Teddy Edwardes death threats:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-fans-should-ashamed-3138122

It's really sad to see grown women behaving this way.:(

Yet it seems just like the sort of fan JA would attract.

What will it take for Syco to drop this horrible little man? Having someone so nasty on their label is making them look terrible.