Lucy Meacock on ITV News

Did anyone else from Granadaland just put on ITV News and got a shock? :eek:

This appearance is long overdue.

Comments

• Fox MulderFox Mulder Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Did anyone else from Granadaland just put on ITV News and got a shock? :eek:

This appearance is long overdue.

you got links
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh really? That's a bit of a promotion for her! Perhaps the BAFTA win got her noticed? She actually lives 5 minutes from me and I once served in in Tesco :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    I didn't see it but I think she is great, and this is well deserved. I live in GranadaLand but could only get Central until we got Sky. Lucy and (to a lesser extent ;) ) the rest of Granada News was worth me switching to Satellite regardless of all the other stuff we get now.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see it but I think she is great, and this is well deserved. I live in GranadaLand but could only get Central until we got Sky. Lucy and (to a lesser extent ;) ) the rest of Granada News was worth me switching to Satellite regardless of all the other stuff we get now.

She must be filling in for the holidays, and, yes, it must be a certain promotion, but she is a Granada presenter, and she has been doing Granada Reports for yonks...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thriller wrote: »
    Ooh really? That's a bit of a promotion for her! Perhaps the BAFTA win got her noticed? She actually lives 5 minutes from me and I once served in in Tesco :D

Does she still live in Chester?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    ^ yes that's why it was nice to go back onto Granada. I grew up in a part of town where we could get Granada Reports (Bob's Beat, Flying Start, etc were all enjoyed) and I remembered Lucy from those days (about 15yrs ago)

then living in a dip 2 miles from my old address I lost Granada - and it really was a joy to get it back when we got Satellite.

Central News :yawn: ;)
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly thought they'd made a mistake when they announced ITV news with Lucy Meacock.

She's an excellent news reader and has served Granadaland well over the years (must be about 17 years). She's almost certainly better than all of the ITV news team put together.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I saw her on the late night news and I was gobsmacked.

Good on her though. Like the OP said, it's long overdue.
  • BootleBootle Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is what was going on.

I turned over and she was looking at me, Initially I thought it was part of naughty bloomers or whatever. Then I thought it was a Granada Reports bulletin and she'd been relegated to weekends.

It must be twenty years she's been doing local news but she still looks exactly the same.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect it's just a weekend fill-in whilst the others beggar off on their holidays!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Lucy Who????????????
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....Depends what area of the country you live in!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy is great at her job and this is long overdue. Hope she carries on doing the ITV bullitens.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her having her own chatshow on ITV years ago. In the mid 90's. It was a bit like Central weekend, but not as good :D. Obviousley Central weekend rocked.

I miss Granada on the main TV. Now we have Sky we have to have ITV wales and I hate it. We were brought up on Granada and Central here. ITV wales seems to forget that North East Wales exists.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pure coincidence that the two presenters who have covered the national shifts have been called Lucy, the other being Owen from ITV Wales.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    ....Depends what area of the country you live in!

Over here in the catbox I still drool over Helen McDermott who has been doing the Anglia News for more years than my moggy mind alows me to remember
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    If she was any good, the Meacock person would have left ITV / Granada years ago to work for a real news supplier.
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was any good, the Meacock person would have left ITV / Granada years ago to work for a real news supplier.

What tosh. :rolleyes: Obviously you've got considered she may be very well paid at Granada, has great benefits and actually likes it there.

You've never even heard of her, so how you can possibly gauge how good a newsreader she is I don't know.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What consitutes a "real" news supplier?

The guys who work on the ITV regional news magazines do a great job.

Make the most of them while you can as it all could be over by 2014.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her having her own chatshow on ITV years ago. In the mid 90's. It was a bit like Central weekend, but not as good :D. Obviousley Central weekend rocked.

I miss Granada on the main TV. Now we have Sky we have to have ITV wales and I hate it. We were brought up on Granada and Central here. ITV wales seems to forget that North East Wales exists.

Why don't you just view Granada and/or Central through 'other channels'? If you don't know how to set them up a quick search will find all the info you need.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i like lucy meacock and i can't remember a time when she wasn't on granada reports - she must've been on it 20 yrs. I live in Granadaland and it is a very good local news programme - but i very rarely watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have annoying itv wales since I moved for uni lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Using the Add Channels facility on Sky, tune in these frequencies. Hit the Services button first, then Add Channels. You have to access them one at a time. If you hit the back up button when watching them, the last channel you watched reappears. I watch Granada Reports from here in Ayrshire, and when the footy season is on, Granada Soccer Night.

With my box, if you try to store too many channels it eventually clears them all.

Once stored, just do services, 6, then highlight the channel you want and then hit select.

I take these all still to be up to date, sometimes they move to a different frequency, but they always stick to the ones below.

Freq: 10758
    Polarity V
    Symbol rate 22000
    FEC 5/6 London
    Granada

10714 H
    SR 22000
    FEC 5/6 Anglia (West)
    Tyne Tees

Freq: 10832 H
    SR 22000
    FEC 5/6 Central
    HTV Wales
    HTV West
    Westcountry (South)

Freq: 10891 H
    SR 22000
    FEC 5/6 Border England
    Border Scotland
    Meridian South
    Meridian South East
    Yorkshire (Leeds)

Freq: 10906 V
    SR 22000
    FEC 5/6 Channel
    Grampian (North East)
    Scottish
    Ulster

There is a website called lyngsat that has a full list of all the frequencies to tune in, Scottish is now stv north, east and west. All other regions are micro'd, as in, adverts are split to the relevant parts of the channels coverage, and the list tells you when it comes up on screen. Unfortunately, Scotland has 3 STV's, and they can't be bothered to put on the list on Sky which is which!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    i like lucy meacock and i can't remember a time when she wasn't on granada reports - she must've been on it 20 yrs. I live in Granadaland and it is a very good local news programme - but i very rarely watch it.

I read online she has been on Granada's news since 1989. When I lived in Lancashire from '92 - '97 I fell for her........

She has also read the news in Australia!

Back then it was Granada Tonight. I taped stuff off Granada and BBC1 Northwest before I left Lancashire as a keepsake, I still have it.

The add channels is one of the main things I like about Sky.