Iggy Azalea-Work (NEW VIDEO)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR6ROjoOX0&sns=em

I like the video, I wish they kept little iggy in it, though. Still love the song.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I like it! I hope it does well. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I'm excited for the album.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Love it! Killer video, the type of video this song should've had
  • RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    So good, I thought it would be dreadful
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    think this might be her best song............. 2 more days..

Love the video, she's great that ass:eek:
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched on mute.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    This is out on sunday I really think she should wait a bit to release this as it is slowly buldinf up momentum and just been playlisted by radio 1 on the C list if she waited a few more weeks until it moved up the playlist she could have maybe been looking at top 10 placing but hopefully she still gets there.
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at how fast it's rising on iTunes. It's already about to enter the top 100. It was #101 last time I checked. Good for her! :D
    Forum Member
    Downloaded it this morning! #69 on itunes at the moment, rather surprising, I didn't think it would do that well, if it can make top 40 then that would be fantastic :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It's absolutely brilliant! She's really worked hard
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Up to 56 now on Itunes doing much better than I expected :eek: hopefully it keeps climbing and goes top 40
    Forum Member
    Inside the top 50 now. Hoping for top 40 later today :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is crap. She doesn't have a good flow and her lyrics are uninspiring. The video is also very pretentious. She comes across as an actress playing a hip hop wannabe. Oh, how i miss the days of Eve, Lil Kim and Missy Elliot. Azealia Banks is probably the most promising female rapper at the moment. 1991 Video is cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oM_9ca8hxE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is crap. She doesn't have a good flow and her lyrics are uninspiring. The video is also very pretentious. She comes across as an actress playing a hip hop wannabe. Oh, how i miss the days of Eve, Lil Kim and Missy Elliot. Azealia Banks is probably the most promising female rapper at the moment. 1991 Video is cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oM_9ca8hxE

How is the video pretentious?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is rapping with that terrible southern accent and it doesn't come of as natural. Shaking your booty and rapping with a southern twang doesn't make you hip hop. It is all style, no substance. She is from Australia but you wouldn't get that from the way she raps and her lyrics. It seems that she is presenting herself as something that she is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is rapping with that terrible southern accent and it doesn't come of as natural. Shaking your booty and rapping with a southern twang doesn't make you hip hop. It is all style, no substance. She is from Australia but you wouldn't get that from the way she raps and her lyrics. It seems that she is presenting herself as something that she is not.

She's lived in the south since she was 16 and already stated that in Australia, southern rap is where she got her influence from. Normally, I hate a fake, but I like what iggy does. Why do rappers from other countries get flack for rapping in another accent, that is arguably a lot easier to understand, but singers sell millions of albums when they do it? Melanie Fiona sang in a Jamaican accent for years even though it isn't her native accent, now she is back to her normal one. She fit the music she was doing. Iggy, makes southern music and is signed to a southern label, so what's the problem? New York rappers from the last five to ten years have been doing the exact same thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't do anything for me. She is not doing anything new. She is very pretty and looks good in the video but that is all really IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is doing anything that hasn't been done before, though? No one that I can tell.
    Forum Member
    Finally cracked the itunes top 40, it's #33 at the moment and mainly thanks to Radio 1 promoting it to the A-list. Hopefully it'll stay steady for the rest of the week and enter the top 40 on Sunday!
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This track should be #1.

It's entered at #36.

God only knows how it landed there.
    After all justice should be seen to be done.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Hope it get a top 20 at least
    Forum Member
    So glad it reached the top 40! The song reminds me of Jessie J's 'Do It Like a Dude' that barely cracked the top 30 on the first week and then kept rising until it reached the top 5. I hope 'Work' follows the same pattern tbh.
  • LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    I like the song a bit but the video is horrendous. She can't even twerk and what is she ever trying to do with her arms the whole time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm obsessed with this song at the moment. I first heard it on the radio last weekend and I was so surprised that she is white and Australian.