The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Got recommended this by a friend, is this any good?

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Original or the remake ?

I enjoyed the remake despite it not being my type of film.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched the original about four times,and the US remake only once,I think that sums up which version to watch?
    The Daniel Craig one,he is so wooden you would think he just phoned his part in!
    Watch the original with Noomi Rapace,and with english subtitles rather than the bland 'english audio' track.In fact all three of the Swedish films are freely available now,and well worth the viewing time!
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking about the remake

• spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the original swedish trilogy is worth a look. noomi wotzerface (rapace ) is quite a good likeness to and convincing as the lizbet salander who appears in the novels. although the bloke who plays her journalist friend is a bit wet and less convincing.

itll be on film4 again soon i expect ........
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    the original swedish trilogy is worth a look. noomi wotzerface (rapace ) is quite a good likeness to and convincing as the lizbet salander who appears in the novels. although the bloke who plays her journalist friend is a bit wet and less convincing.

itll be on film4 again soon i expect ........

They showed the original Swedish trilogy last week. Or maybe it was the week before.

I think that the films (Swedish originals) were very good, but perhaps overrated somewhat.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the films are as good as people make out. I didn't think Lisbeth was written very well, in both versions. You should read the book OP :o:)
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The remake is ok but the Swedish originals are much better, particularly 1 and 3. The books are extremely good as well.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the remake. Hope they remake the other two with Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig both on board.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the remake. Hope they remake the other two with Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig both on board.

Apparently they are having some kind of budget problems

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-girl-who-played-with-fire-delays-2013-release-date

I hope they overcomes them and it still gets made.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    The remake is ok but the Swedish originals are much better, particularly 1 and 3. The books are extremely good as well.

Not read the books but agree about the films.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both versions have strengths and weaknesses in equal measure. So it's a matter of taste and/or preference, really.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Fincher's remake is far superior.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred the original although the Craig version is decent enough. Waiting to catch the other movies on film4.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only seen the remake but I think it's very good.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I don't think the films are as good as people make out. I didn't think Lisbeth was written very well, in both versions. You should read the book OP :o:)
    The books are over-rated too - especially the first one. There's a lot of wish-fullfilment nonsense in it, and it often reads as if the author didn't know what he was writing about - except when he mentions Apple products, when he goes on at enormous length about it. Plus long stretches of the book are taken up by some boring financial scandal that has almost nothing to do with Lisbeth.

I've seen both film versions. I watched the American version first, and I think it's better than it gets credit for. Both get things right and things wrong. Admittedly there are character points for Lisbeth that the US gets seriously wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The originals are way better, and only £12 from amazon.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say go for the Original cos if you like it you can then seek out the 2 sequels. If you go for the remake, like it and want more you're gonna be disappointed cos you can't really simply go for the sequels to the original without see the original cos they are sequels to the original not sequels to the remake - the remake NOT being a shot 4 shot remake of the original.