"Impossible" by James Arthur already #1 on iTunes UK and Ireland

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    James has a 20% lead at the moment. Could sell 1 million copies in the next two weeks.:D:cool:

Well done James and commiserations to them who wished a charity single did crap.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    James has a 20% lead at the moment. Could sell 1 million copies in the next two weeks.:D:cool:

King Arthur already impaling records, parleying with legends. Not since Alexandra The Great has a leader achieved such lofty heights. When Damp Side Of The Room drops in 2013, helmets will roll. And lo, he hath cometh!
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Well done to James, but I'm really hoping he lets loose next week and lets Will & Brit finally have the #1 :o WIth both versions of S&S combined James has around a 10% lead atm.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Well done to James, but I'm really hoping he lets loose next week and lets Will & Brit finally have the #1 :o WIth both versions of S&S combined James has around a 10% lead atm.

I agree. It's time for x factor to step down. I think will and britney will do it next week
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    King Arthur already impaling records, parleying with legends. Not since Alexandra The Great has a leader achieved such lofty heights. When Damp Side Of The Room drops in 2013, helmets will roll. And lo, he hath cometh!

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not Rombod, but I love your posts. More please.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Impossible sells 1 million in the next 2 weeks, apparently it will be the 2nd fastest single to get to the 1 million mark.

Will Young is the only person that has managed to do it faster by selling 1 million copies in 1 week.:cool:
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,135
    Forum Member
    So has he got the last #1 of 2012? :D
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll officially know at 7 pm, although sometimes the chart leaks earlier.

Hope he can reach 900K this week.
    Forum Member
    If Impossible sells 1 million in the next 2 weeks, apparently it will be the 2nd fastest single to get to the 1 million mark.

Will Young is the only person that has managed to do it faster by selling 1 million copies in 1 week.:cool:

He'll likely hit it within the week.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he appeals to quite a wide demographic, he has both young and older fans, which helps.

Gosh and I thought he sold because Syco had I Tunes on redial. How some would hate it if Matt outsold him, when X Factor winner. Ooops, I should not be so cynical. It might just be pure talent that is the reason behind the sales together with his engaging personality..
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this song is #1 for as long as Will.I.Am and Britney is #2. As unbelievably catchy as that song is, it's pretty dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Good lad James. Back to Number1 and well deserved. Congrats.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It back at #1 :) (Last #1 of 2012)

Top 3

Impossible
    Scream and Shout
    Gangham Style
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There you go! "Impossible" is back at #1!

From the OCC:

He may have lost out on the 2012 Christmas Number 1 to the Justice Collective’s He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother, but today X Factor winner James Arthur returns to the top of the Official Singles Chart with Impossible.

Arthur’s track has sold a further 184,000 copies over the last seven days, which brings Impossible’s total sales tally to a staggering 897,000 copies. In just three weeks the 24-year-old from Middlesbrough has now overtaken the lifetime sales of Leona Lewis’ A Moment Like This to become the fourth biggest selling debut single by an X Factor artist. He is currently behind 2008 winner Alexandra Burke’s Hallelujah (1.2 million), 2005 winner Shayne Ward’s That’s My Goal (1.1 million) and 2010 winner Matt Cardle’s When We Collide (1 million)

Impossible, which became the fastest selling single of 2012 earlier this month, has also overtaken the likes of Jessie J’s Domino, Nicki Minaj’s Starships and international YouTube sensation Psy’s Gagnam Style to become the fifth biggest selling single of 2012 so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    There you go! "Impossible" is back at #1!

From the OCC:

He may have lost out on the 2012 Christmas Number 1 to the Justice Collective’s He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother, but today X Factor winner James Arthur returns to the top of the Official Singles Chart with Impossible.

Arthur’s track has sold a further 184,000 copies over the last seven days, which brings Impossible’s total sales tally to a staggering 897,000 copies. In just three weeks the 24-year-old from Middlesbrough has now overtaken the lifetime sales of Leona Lewis’ A Moment Like This to become the fourth biggest selling debut single by an X Factor artist. He is currently behind 2008 winner Alexandra Burke’s Hallelujah (1.2 million), 2005 winner Shayne Ward’s That’s My Goal (1.1 million) and 2010 winner Matt Cardle’s When We Collide (1 million)

Impossible, which became the fastest selling single of 2012 earlier this month, has also overtaken the likes of Jessie J’s Domino, Nicki Minaj’s Starships and international YouTube sensation Psy’s Gagnam Style to become the fifth biggest selling single of 2012 so far.

Well done James. 1st #1 of 2013.:D:cool:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Thats pretty amazing, he could well overtake Matt but will probably fall short of Alex's sales.
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Congrats James! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly there are a large number of people needing to consult an audiologist in the new year!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Clearly there are a large number of people needing to consult an audiologist in the new year!!!

And it seams a many few people need to get some beers down them and chill. :p After all its almost New years eve and the bitter look aint a good look at this time of year. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    And it seams a many few people need to get some beers down them and chill. :p After all its almost New years eve and the bitter look aint a good look at this time of year. :D

Bitter - I think you know me not to make personal comments..

It just amazes me that so many people are prepared to part with their money to buy an average remake of a song that has already been a substantial hit for someone else.At Least the proceeds are going to charity.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just amazes me that so many people are prepared to part with their money to buy an average remake of a song that has already been a substantial hit for someone else.At Least the proceeds are going to charity.

Probably because, and here comes the big shocker...music tastes are subjective! And people actually like James' song/voice/version! :D
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have been xmas number 1 not, that stupid football song
    Forum Member
    Just goes to show why it should have been Xmas #1 :( but at least it makes up for what seemed to be a mediocre series. Here's hoping James goes on to have a successful career.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah there you are again sweet dear Michelle always chipping in with succinct negative comments :rolleyes: Happy New Year my X factor friend and may you continue to be as happy and joyful in 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitter - I think you know me not to make personal comments..

LOL how ironic as it was you who seams to think you knew a lot of people in the first place by suggesting they needed to see an audiologist in the new year! :p

But hey dont let that little fact get in the way of you begrudging a charity single doing well for people who are in need.