Doctor Who at London Excel Arena

Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
Forum Member
Last year I went to the Star Trek convention at the Excel in London. I was lucky enough to see all 5 Star Trek captains. I had a really great weekend all in all (even though it was HUGELY expensive.

I am really excited about a Doctor Who convention there and was wondering if anyone knew when it would be, who is booked, and when tickets will be released on sale?

Comments

• AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    To my knowledge they've not released any further information about it yet other than it will occur over the weekend of the 50th anniversary.

It's a shame that events like these are so expensive... explaining to my little sister why we can't afford to go to an event that is 15 minutes away from us is a bit tricky. We'd never have the disposable income for something like this, unfortunately.
  • Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    To my knowledge they've not released any further information about it yet other than it will occur over the weekend of the 50th anniversary.

It's a shame that events like these are so expensive... explaining to my little sister why we can't afford to go to an event that is 15 minutes away from us is a bit tricky. We'd never have the disposable income for something like this, unfortunately.

I think the Star Trek one was particularly expensive. I'm hoping the Doctor Who one will be much cheaper.

I had the same conversation with my God daughter a few years ago when DW Live came to Manchester. Sad times really. Lots of prior notice on some details like cost from the BBC would be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Is this event for the full three days or is it three one day events with identical line ups and features?
  • Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    cylob49 wrote: »
    Is this event for the full three days or is it three one day events with identical line ups and features?

Good question. I wasn't even aware it was 3 days. I really need to check better.

Hope it's a one day itinerary repeated... I defo can't afford 3 days
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    One of the days it's on is of course the actual 50th anniversary, 23rd November!
    :)
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I'd start saving now. The last official convention was the price of a festival ticket and I didn't have that to spare.