Moroccan oil or alternative

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I have been ill for a fair few weeks with a 2week stint in hospital. My hair is not at its best and neither is my skin. Was chatting to other patients in my ward who said try Moroccan oil but am flabbergasted at the price. Has anyone used it and does it really work to replenish hair or are their equally good alternatives please?

Comments

• 19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try some olive oil, it's quite hard to wash out but makes my hair very nice.
    Or vo5 hot oil...
    There is hair product for Afro think its called olive or something like that.
    Hope your feeling better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moroccan oil lasts ages. You only need a few drops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally use meadowfoam oil mixed with my conditioner and Ive really noticed my hair looks so much better than before, it feels healthier and it doesnt weigh down my hair at all I've also tried Jojoba oil but it didnt have the same effect as the meadowfoam and felt like it was a bit weighty on my hair but someone I know uses it and they've got quite thick hair and says its perfect for her, I've got a 100ml bottle of meadowfoam that I've had since last year and I'm only just at a quarter down now, it lasts ages!
  • suzielou1970suzielou1970 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I am a massive fan of Moroccan Oil but my second fave choice is L'oreal Extraordinary Oil which is fantastic and only about £9 from Boots and a little goes a long way too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Hey, hope you're feeling better, I'd second the recommendations for natural oils. Moroccanoil is chock full of silicones and really only works well as a styling product. Soaking your hair in pure coconut or olive oil for an hour before washing out with sulphate free shampoo will help to really nourish your hair and get it healthy again.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never used Moroccan Oil, but I would recommend the Charles Worthington 'Salon at Home' range - I've noticed a vast difference in my hair since I've started using this range. It's not the cheapest but I use two products once a week and its helped my hair no end!