Nativity

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
Forum Member
No thread on this yet that I can see.

I saw it yesterday and LOVED it. A real feel-good movie with some laugh-out-loud moments. And I loved seeing the Cheeky Monkeys from Britan's Got Talent!

Unfortunatley we arrived late and got stuck in the very front row. I'll probably go watch it again so I can actually SEE the whole screen!

Comments

• jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this. It was great to see a film where you could just sit back relax and just have a laugh without taking the film to seriously.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,308
    Forum Member
    That was filmed at our school. My daughter could not be in it as when they were filming we were away.
    Actually the school is taking all pupils to watch it next week for free...very rare for there to be no money involved for a change. See some of the brats (children we know though)
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it last week and it was brilliant!
    The kids were all great and I did like Mr Poppy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Mr Poppy! If only my primary school was that fun!

I really enjoyed the film. People of all ages could sit down, have a laugh and enjoy it. I'd definately watch it again.

Does anyone know if Nativity will come out on DVD??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it today. Loved it. Really liked the boy who wanted to be Joseph and the little one with the strawberry blonde hair. Laughed alot. :D I couldn't recommend this enough seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    That was filmed at our school. My daughter could not be in it as when they were filming we were away.
    Actually the school is taking all pupils to watch it next week for free...very rare for there to be no money involved for a change. See some of the brats (children we know though)

:eek: That's cool! They didn't look like brats! Good editing I suppose? ;):)
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Took my kids to see it at the weekend and my 4 year old was dancing in the aisles to the music! I thought it was brilliant, a really Christmassy feel, funny and with great music and gorgeous kids. Go and see it, am really looking forward to a DVD release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping to go and see this tomorrow :]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night and I smiled the whole way through!
    Can't wait for the DVD release!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this getting a DVD release?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Is this getting a DVD release?

Yes like everything else does but don't expect it until November at the earliest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes like everything else does but don't expect it until November at the earliest.

Just asking. :eek:

I'd googled it but couldn't find anything mentioning one whereas some other DVD's are usually released a few months straight after the cinema release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Just asking. :eek:

I'd googled it but couldn't find anything mentioning one whereas some other DVD's are usually released a few months straight after the cinema release.

No point on releasing a Christmas film in the middle of April. Better to keep it back to the festive season. The same happened with Four Christmasses (dreadful film) which was in cinemas in 2008, but didn't appear on DVD til 2009.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No point on releasing a Christmas film in the middle of April. Better to keep it back to the festive season. The same happened with Four Christmasses (dreadful film) which was in cinemas in 2008, but didn't appear on DVD til 2009.

Good point actually. :p

I can't seem to find it online either, which is annoying. I can find practically every other movie except for Nativity!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching this now on BBC 2. A film to make you smile. They manage to keep the kids just the right side of annoying.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched it on DVD yesterday - a lot of fun :)