Question about something Idris said

the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
in TDW idris said she had about 30 desktops archived, the doctor said you cant archive something that hasn't happened yet and she replied "YOU CANT". has this been discussed before, what implications does it have?

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The TARDIS (Idris/Sexy) would be aware of future control rooms the Doctor hasn't experienced yet. Simples.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idris doesn't experience things in a linear time line, she can see all of time and space at once. So she knows what control rooms the Doctor is going to decide on in the future.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happens after desktop 30, new tardis or no doctor or just didn't bother archiving any more?
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I think it's definitely a new idea that the TARDIS can see its own personal future, rather than just time and space generally. But yeah, it was just a nicely placed timey-wimey device that helped explain that the TARDIS deliberately drops the Doctor into warzones and invasions because it knows that's where he needs to go.
    Forum Member
    what happens after desktop 30, new tardis or no doctor or just didn't bother archiving any more?

He's only been through half a dozen or so desktops in 11 lifetimes, 30 is more than enough.:p
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I think it's definitely a new idea that the TARDIS can see its own personal future,
    Is the Tardis a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Lift?
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's only been through half a dozen or so desktops in 11 lifetimes, 30 is more than enough.:p

It's all open to interpretation, but we're on the 9th now by my reckoning. But yes, 30 is more than enough:)!
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Well the Tenth Doctor's met Arthur Dent... :D
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the doc said he only used about a dozen
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or she just hasn't finished archiving yet. Just because she doesn't have to wait for the console room to exist in order to archive it doesn't mean she has archived them all already. She probably archives from time to time but often has other pressing matters to attend to.
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Or she just hasn't finished archiving yet. Just because she doesn't have to wait for the console room to exist in order to archive it doesn't mean she has archived them all already. She probably archives from time to time but often has other pressing matters to attend to.

Such as:

- Getting blown up by a dying Tenth Doctor
    - Getting blown up by Daleks in Journey's End
    - Getting blown up by The Silence
    - Getting blown up by Captain Jack in Last of the Time Lords

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bet that's what they said about the 12 lives limit! :p
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    I bet that's what they said about the 12 lives limit! :p

13 lives 12 regenerations.