Finding Dory delayed until 2016

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
Finding Dory Facebook page is now showing Summer 2016 :(:mad:.

Comments

• NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling this would happen. Disney done the same with Monsters University moving it from November to the following summer, due to how well their films have been doing in the summer. Though i hope we get a better film for it.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    I had a feeling this would happen. Disney done the same with Monsters University moving it from November to the following summer, due to how well their films have been doing in the summer. Though i hope we get a better film for it.

I think the delay of The Good Dinosaur was the real reason plus the fact that Pixar films do better in Summer. 2014 will be the first year that Pixar haven't had a film in one year.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I think the delay of The Good Dinosaur was the real reason plus the fact that Pixar films do better in Summer.

Yeah they removed the director, so far into the project, so more time was needed i guess.
    Jonwo wrote: »
    2014 will be the first year that Pixar haven't had a film in one year.

Not quite, this last happened in 2005, and was much like this in the early years were they'd release a film every other year (3 years between Toy Story and A Bug's Life!)

But it'll feel more like an event again when the next one comes out. It'll be worth the wait though as it'll be the first time two Pixar films are being released in the same year.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    They will be releasing 2 movies in 2015 and 2017.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Thats a substantial delay. I hope they have not run into any finanical difficulties.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    blueplain wrote: »
    Thats a substantial delay. I hope they have not run into any finanical difficulties.

I think the delay is purely to make more money with a Summer Release.

Monsters University recently made $700,000,000 and since this there biggest project currently in production I think they will be fine. Pixar is also owned by Disney.