Cost - 0870 and 0845 calls (Evening and Weekends Package)

Dear Board members,

Can some member please tell the cost of dialling an 0870 and an 0845 number on telewest evening and weekends package.

1. What would be the cost of dialling an 0870 and 0845 number in evenings and weekends on an evening and weekends package ?

2. What would be the cost of dialling an 0870 and 0845 number in daytime on an evening and weekends package ?

Many Thanks
Negs

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    0845 calls (which will appear as local non-geo on your bill), are billed at 3.95ppm Daytimes, 1.49ppm evenings and 1.00ppm weekends.

0870 calls (which will appear as national non-geo on your bill), are billed at 7.91ppm Daytimes, 3.95ppm evenings and 2.00ppm weekends.

The talk packages are only inclusive of calls to UK fixed landlines (numbers beginning 01 and 02), so you wouldn't benefit from any discount on 0845 and 0870 numbers by taking Talk E&W.

Remember that all calls are also subject to a 6p call connection charge (excluding calls inclusive in Talk U and Talk E&W.)

Hope this helps,
    TW_R.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Thanks Ric for the clarification.
    I was under the assumption that 0845 and 0870 calls fall under national call category and hence will be free on the evening and weekends package

Best Regards
    Negs
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid not, sorry - I can see how you'd think that; personally, i find the name a tad misleading, considering that there is nothing 'local', or 'national' about these numbers (as they can be based anywhere in the country). Hey ho, we'll live!

As I said before, the reason these calls aren't inclusive is that that they are non-geographic, and the talk packages only include geographic fixed line calls.

R.
  • Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried using the Telewest call calculator?

Click Here

Very useful tool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Thanks Chris. I tried it before writing on the board. However with the call calculator it is not possible to find out the cost for dialling for example 0845, 0870, 0844 numbers.

May be it might be better if telewest can modify the call calculator so that the person using it enters the number he wishes to call, enter the package he is on, enter the time he wants to make the call (daytime, evening, weekend) and the call calculator shows the cost.

Cheers
    Negs
  • Dave23Dave23 Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    It is annoying that you have to pay for 0845 and 0870 when you are on talkunlimited. Have a look at www.saynoto0870.com/ this site gives alternative numbers to alot of organisations
    Forum Member
    Just as a a quick aside - if anybody requires an up to date copy of Telewest's call tariffs, they can be downloaded directly from the Telewest website, here. (PDF format)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    didn't realise I was register here / stil register :-).

for the person about calling 0870 / 0845 / 0844. if you are going to call those number range alot ie using it for international call through service. than get an 02 lesiure tariff which currently for £20 a month you get 2000 minutes of offpeak minutes (which can be use to landlines, 02 mobiles, 0870, 0845, and 0844.) Plus 100 minutes of cross network calls and 200 sms for the first three months. After the three months it drop to 1000, 50, 100.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    TW_Ric wrote:
    Just as a a quick aside - if anybody requires an up to date copy of Telewest's call tariffs, they can be downloaded directly from the Telewest website, here. (PDF format)

Of course, the mystery off-peak caller tarif isn't mentioned (anywhere!)
    Forum Member
    shawad wrote:
    Of course, the mystery off-peak caller tarif isn't mentioned (anywhere!)

Off peak caller is a package which can only be offered by the customer relations team if a customer expresses a wish to disconnect a service, and the relations team feel that off peak caller would keep their custom; as such, this is not a publically advertised tarrif.

If however, you are a customer that is currently subscribed to off peak caller and you require further tariff information, call customer relations and they will be happy to advise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much are 0871 numbers on Telewest?
    Forum Member
    how much are 0871 numbers on Telewest?

0871 numbers are 'multimedia services' and will generally cost anywhere between 1ppm - 10ppm.

Enhanced phones such as the Amstrad em@iler use 0871 numbers to send text messages and emails, and will also usually incurr a connection fee of 12p.

TW_R.
  • GadgieGadgie Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the cost per minute to 0844 and 0911 numbers? The Telewest call tariff PDF is useless for these types of numbers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    0844 is between 2 to 5p depending on the charge the operator chose, but generally it is either 2p or 5p.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave23 wrote:
    It is annoying that you have to pay for 0845 and 0870 when you are on talkunlimited. Have a look at www.saynoto0870.com/ this site gives alternative numbers to alot of organisations

Beat me to it ;)
  • GadgieGadgie Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beat me to it ;)

Actually I'm setting my grandmother up with Telestunt so she can call family in Ireland and the US on the cheap. :)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,581
    Forum Member
    TW_Ric wrote:
    i find the name a tad misleading, considering that there is nothing 'local', or 'national' about these numbers (as they can be based anywhere in the country
    When they were first introduced, I think they were the cost of a local/national call. It's just that these rates have now been reduced but the rates for 0845/0870 have not.