Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I find the f word very offensive, I turn off modern films when every other word uttered is a four letter swear word. The odd thing is that I don't find it offensive in MBB, it makes the programme even funnier, maybe it's because the character reminds me of my late mother in law and I never ever heard her swear, not even a damn it. There are swear words and Mrs Brown swear words, they aren't the same, somehow.

And only Mrs Brown uses the "F" word on the show. If one of the younger characters like Buster or Dermot were to use it, it would indeed sound quite coarse and vulgar and a bit jarring.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    And only Mrs Brown uses the "F" word on the show. If one of the younger characters like Buster or Dermot were to use it, it would indeed sound quite coarse and vulgar and a bit jarring.

You're right. There's no offence in the way the word is used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    BBC have put three clips up on YT.:D

I've deliberately only watched one clip (as I don't want my enjoyment spoiled), but it's the one featuring Mrs Brown and the young priest and it looks hysterical :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clip of Agnes, Dermott and Buster from next week's show is hilarious, my faith has been restored.
  • ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swan007 wrote: »
    We are big Mrs Brown fans in our family and we all thought the Christmas special episodes were poor, with last night being totally laugh free for me personally.
    Still looking forward to series 3 though :)

I did not like these two episodes either, too much swearing and crude comments, not enough good comedy, which was in the last series. Please don't spoil a good comedy programme by lowering the standard to constant foul language.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

All use it in the stage show, alot more than the tv show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    All use it in the stage show, alot more than the tv show.

Which shows Brendan has a deliberate strategy for the television version.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Which shows Brendan has a deliberate strategy for the television version.

So long as it makes us all laugh, who cares :)
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Boxing Day episode especially Winnie dressed as a roman soldier and each time she was pushed out of the way by Agnes. Also loved the part where Grandad was used as the baby Jesus because they couldn't find a baby in time.

Have to say one of the funniest programmes over Christmas.
    Hated all the other sitcoms
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Yip, I wholeheartedly agree. Thought that the first 2 series were some of the best comedy I'd seen in years but last nights offering just left me cold. Not even sure if I'll watch the second part...

that's the problem with xmas specisls in this kind of everyday life comedy is, it's a temptation for the writer to do lazy scripts and the xmas ones prove this. i judge mbb on the series episodes, not this filler stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    alex_r_pc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the song was at the end of Mrs Browns Boys yesterday? I really liked it

I would also love to know what song/carol this is. It was at the end of the Christmas Eve episode where Mrs Brown is talking to her Grandson. I'm a huge fan of Mrs Brown and although this wasn't the strongest episode, this scene was wonderful. Can any of our Irish readers tell me what song this was please? It definitely had "hush-a-bye" and what sounded like "nollaig". It was really lovely. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    kws77 wrote: »
    I would also love to know what song/carol this is. It was at the end of the Christmas Eve episode where Mrs Brown is talking to her Grandson. I'm a huge fan of Mrs Brown and although this wasn't the strongest episode, this scene was wonderful. Can any of our Irish readers tell me what song this was please? It definitely had "hush-a-bye" and what sounded like "nollaig". It was really lovely. Thanks.

After much juggling the words around in google, then posting on here, I have found it for anyone interested. It's called The Castle of Dromore. It really is lovely.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the song was at the end of Mrs Browns Boys yesterday? I really liked it
    You'll see my post I hope but it's called The Castle of Dromore :)
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kws77 wrote: »

Here you are :)

http://youtu.be/RJ9KFzLziaU
  • GlobalRadioGlobalRadio Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The link must be wrong as that doesn't direct you to the tune heard at the end of MBB Christmas Ep 1
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The link must be wrong as that doesn't direct you to the tune heard at the end of MBB Christmas Ep 1

Yes it does! I don't know who it was who was singing it in the episode, but this is definitely the same tune, an ancient Irish lullaby! I recognised it immediately, and it has been recorded by many different artists!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTE aired the hypnotist episode last night, it was great :D
    I won't give anything away but I found it so funny in places.

I often find its the little things in this sitcom that make me LOL more than the huge gags.

Like from the Chistmas Day episode, Agnes peeking out the curtain looking at Hillay dressed as Cleopatra and saying "bitch!" :D I found that much more funny than Grandad being Jesus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]
    that's the problem with xmas specisls in this kind of everyday life, it's a temptation for the writer to do lazy scripts and the xmas ones prove this. i judge mbb on the series episodes, not this filler stuff.

Doctor Who has done christmas dribble for the past 7 or so years.
  • CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was genuinely moved by the end of the episode. Yes it was a little cheesy but the whole thing came together and was sweet and moving and it does mean something (at least I thought) if one has suffered a loss and particuarly recently.

Well done to all involved in that final scene!

I cried my eyes out. Lost my dad this year and he was my hero. :cry:

Kinda put a downer on my evening actually- could have done with a funny twist at the very end!!
  • GlobalRadioGlobalRadio Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This link was posted on the Mrs Brown's Boys facebook page "Heroes Never Die" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0845AHgJfQ Enjoy!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching:D
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me! In fits.:D Glad it's picked up again after the Christmas ones.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    Me! In fits.:D Glad it's picked up again after the Christmas ones.

Yup, and enjoying it lots :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ouch!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was crying over the Candy Doll bit. Tears streaming down my face.