Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Lowri wrote: »
    I think everyone does. I try not to use it because they eventually break but I've had some suitcases that would have been impossible to use if I couldn't have wheeled them.
    A stupid thing to put into 101 if you ask me.

Another here who's already thoroughly fed up with Porter. Why does she assume that all her opinions are fact?

ETA: Has no-one told Porter how to use the TV remote? Local news can be useful but I agree it's a little dull, so I just watch something else, I don't "waste 10 minutes of my life" :confused:

She was very rude to Ben and it was uncalled for. He seems like a nice chap, so what if he comes from a posh background?
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,075
    Forum Member
    Janet Street-Porter = loud-mouthed waste of space.

But of course I already knew that before I watched this :D
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always like local TV news cos it adds to the feeling of being 'on holiday'.
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »

Lol I know what you mean, I guess you get the London regional news too!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Lock was good on TV Heaven, Telly Hell.
    But I thought he was disppointing on Argumental. I thought Sargeant was much better. Hound and Brigstock were also much better in their roles which isn't something you're likely to hear much :D

I thought the first 3 seasons of Argumental were better too, Sergeant was a much better host and it had more of a "debate-y" feel about it with Brigstocke and Hound as captains.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brewer480 wrote: »
    Lol I know what you mean, I guess you get the London regional news too!
    Exactly. As a kid, it was a big deal to go down to dorset for a fortnight and suddenly get different news!
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Exactly. As a kid, it was a big deal to go down to dorset for a fortnight and suddenly get different news!

I remember being surprised to find Nick Owen doing the local news in the West Midlands. I'd always wondered what happened to him after the breakfast TV years with Anne Diamond
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Janet Street Porter is such an idiot. I just... The stuff she was coming out with... We were barely on for five minutes and she managed to mention class and destroy her own argument. Yes Janet, people like choice, so why are you trying to get rid of a fishing programme again?

Don't even get me started on the waste of oxygen that is loose women.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed last night's episode, largely thanks to Greg Davies.

This week's Extra Storage edition is once again on Sunday at 11:25pm.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Note that she was complaining about Newsroom South East.

Newsroom South East hasn't been on for about 10 years.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I like turtles."

Funniest bit of television so far this year. That kid reminded me of Ralph out of the Simpsons.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Street Porter is such an idiot. I just... The stuff she was coming out with... We were barely on for five minutes and she managed to mention class and destroy her own argument. Yes Janet, people like choice, so why are you trying to get rid of a fishing programme again?

Don't even get me started on the waste of oxygen that is loose women.

It was worth watching just to see her get put down.

She's twice the sexist and classist snob than anyone there.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Joooe wrote: »
    God she is a horrible woman.
    Wasn't she.....ruined the programme for me.:mad:

But it did remind me of this.
  • guy60guy60 Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Ben Fogle showed his class by not reacting to the horrible woman that is Janet Street Porter.
  • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guy60 wrote: »
    Thought Ben Fogle showed his class by not reacting to the horrible woman that is Janet Street Porter.

I agree, the way that awful woman spoke to Ben Fogle really showed her as spiteful and crass.:mad: I felt sorry for him having to put up with her and her viscious ramblings about class. Ben Fogle is worth 10 of that old hag.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Janet Street Porter go it room 101 please?
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she says something is posh one more time, I'm turning over.Silly woman.

JSP is fairly posh herself and she is middle class too, she was a powerful, high profile editor of a major national newspaper, she is very wealthy, wears expensive clothes. Class warfare sounds utterly ridiculous from her. She is a foodie, who campaigned for veal to be acceptable, how middle class is that?
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should change the format back to one guest. Greg Davies was really funny and I would rather have just listened to him.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I think they should change the format back to one guest. Greg Davies was really funny and I would rather have just listened to him.

I suppose the problem is that if people don't like that one person then they might switch off or avoid if they have checked the schedules. There are plenty I would switch off but might tolerate as one out of three.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    but we could then choose not to be subjected to JSP
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy it, but it has some really slow moments that have me drift off.
    The palaver with the big switches and the oh-so-slow raising of the models....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz it really affects the pace of the thing.
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Note that she was complaining about Newsroom South East.

Newsroom South East hasn't been on for about 10 years.
    That annoyed me as well. I actually agree with her point the local tv news covers too big an area but why did she call it Newsroom South East? If she's familiar with the area, you'd think she would've learned the BBC news programme covering Kent and East Sussex is called South-East Today. Also agree about how annoying she was going on at Ben Fogle about the posh thing. She's a bit of a hypocrite to say the least there.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    I enjoy it, but it has some really slow moments that have me drift off.
    The palaver with the big switches and the oh-so-slow raising of the models....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz it really affects the pace of the thing.

At least the levers look like they have been glued down now, they were terrible before, they all moved at the same time.
    Frank skinners props suck.
    I miss when they had more vt's which were funny clips.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that for the wildcard Fogel would say "actually, i've change my mind. Can I put Janet in please"
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg Davies was excellent in this, even more so in Room 101 Extra Storage. Very funny man :D, even if he does look like someone I can't stand (Rik Mayall !)