The Land Before Time ch5 now!

J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
Forum Member
Anyone else watching/remember this film?
The 1988 version is on the TV now and takes me back to my childhood.
Terribly sad in parts but fantastic all the same - never thought I'd say it but "they don't make them like that anymore!" :D

Comments

• Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Yep i'm watching! Noticed Homeward Bound is on after aswell, never saw these two films on Channel 5 before, last time I saw TLBT was on Channel 4 and HB was on ITV1!
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLBT is a great film could never get into the others but the first one was one of my best films as a kid and used to always watch on video.
    Last time I saw it was my copy recorded from 4HD one morning as the DVD is so crap.
    The copy on 4HD was a lot better. :)
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Yep, now staying tuned for homeward bound as well. Another classic.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have the movie storybook to Land Before Time, got it when I was in primary 1 or 2 I think?. I can picture the baby dinosaur - aw!. They had soft toys of them in a newsagents a couple of towns away and I had to choose between that and another toy and I opted for the other toy and regretted it by the time I got home and always wished I'd had the dinosaur toy :( *sigh*

ETA wasn't his name Littlefoot? aww :) I think I preferred All Dogs Go To Heaven but weren't both Don Bluth films? I *think* or/and Amblin Productions? I could be totally wrong...these are very old memories :blush: ill shut up now lol.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Aww shame I missed it, was quite an emotional journey when I was around 9 :( Ducky!

Think All dogs go to heaven was another Don Bluth one, another cracker :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Aww shame I missed it, was quite an emotional journey when I was around 9 :( Ducky!

Think All dogs go to heaven was another Don Bluth one, another cracker :)

Ah I guess my memory wasn't so bad then - thanks :) can you remember the name of the villianous dog in it? the one who smoked cigars. I'm thinking it was Car-something, Carmichael?.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Ah I guess my memory wasn't so bad then - thanks :) can you remember the name of the villianous dog in it? the one who smoked cigars. I'm thinking it was Car-something, Carmichael?.

Ooh I want to say Carfax, is that the one? I will have to google it now :)
    Forum Member
    lol it says carface on imdb, hehe I must have heard it as carfax on video..carface play on scarface I suppose :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    lol it says carface on imdb, hehe I must have heard it as carfax on video..carface play on scarface I suppose :D:D

Thats it! thanks :) he was evil! :o lol I heard they made a sequel, same for TLBT but by the time they came out I was too old for it really, in my mid to late teens I think, so I've never seen them.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To this day I have never watched this film all the way through. I remember going to a birthday party when I was a kid and when we were watching it whilst we were waiting to get picked up by our parents.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I used to have the movie storybook to Land Before Time, got it when I was in primary 1 or 2 I think?. I can picture the baby dinosaur - aw!. They had soft toys of them in a newsagents a couple of towns away and I had to choose between that and another toy and I opted for the other toy and regretted it by the time I got home and always wished I'd had the dinosaur toy :( *sigh*

ETA wasn't his name Littlefoot? aww :) I think I preferred All Dogs Go To Heaven but weren't both Don Bluth films? I *think* or/and Amblin Productions? I could be totally wrong...these are very old memories :blush: ill shut up now lol.

Forgot about all dogs go to heaven, absolutely loved that film too even if it was quite dark in places. Think as kids we were made of tougher stuff back then :D
    Didn't have any idea though that two of my favourite childhood films were by the same person.
    Forum Member
    I will need to look for them now in missing, hehe both homeward bounds are in the library, just need land before time and all dogs, and a box of hankies for myself!
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Thats it! thanks :) he was evil! :o lol I heard they made a sequel, same for TLBT but by the time they came out I was too old for it really, in my mid to late teens I think, so I've never seen them.

The Land Before Time has 12 sequels!! The second one was crap enough for me as a kid so I didn't watch it to the end. Have no idea how the other 11 turned out lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Land Before Time has 12 sequels!! The second one was crap enough for me as a kid so I didn't watch it to the end. Have no idea how the other 11 turned out lol

12? geez louise, they must have sold well. I thought Jurassic Park was bad with all those sequels lol.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    12 sequels and a TV series! :p A couple of the sequels were okay but none a patch on the original.

Sad bit of trivia, the girl who voiced Ducky in the original was murdered along with her Mother by her Dad. The Diana Ross song at the end of the movie is replaced by a version sung by her on some home video copies I believe.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 sequels and a TV series! :p A couple of the sequels were okay but none a patch on the original.

Sad bit of trivia, the girl who voiced Ducky in the original was murdered along with her Mother by her Dad. The Diana Ross song at the end of the movie is replaced by a version sung by her on some home video copies I believe.

Never knew that-how sad.

Very sweet song.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLBHT is my favourite animated film ever, and in my top ten. My second favourite animated film is Oliver In Company