Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is why Maloney has had far too many chances at International level and still gets them
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Hanley, Dorrans, Miller, Adam

Sorry didn't realise Hanley and Dorrans have had as many games as they had

..and Adam and Miller were on the bench.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    The gulf in class between us and Wales is absolutely frightening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least we had the minor amusement of Ramsey getting himself sent off with a typically over-elaborate bit of nonsense.
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Embarrassing.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    The gulf in class between us and Wales is absolutely frightening.

Fully agree. Best team won that game. Scotland are truely shocking.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I thought Fletcher was our man of the match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Fully agree. Best team won that game. Scotland are truely shocking.

A lot disagreed earlier in the week when i said they were miles better than us.

To be honest the lowly friendlies with Estonia, Faroes, Luxembourg is where we are. That's the only reason we constantly take these games on as they are they are the only ones we win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I thought Fletcher was our man of the match.

Good shout:D
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woeful. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be honest the lowly friendlies with Estonia, Faroes, Luxembourg is where we are. That's the only reason we constantly take these games on as they are they are the only ones we win

Aaron Ramsey ran that game. Scotland don;t have a player near that level. And Ramsey isn't near the Bale level.

Outplayed, out thought and not anywhere good enough.

Estonia, Faroes and Luxumbourg, yip, about that level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaron Ramsey ran that game. Scotland don;t have a player near that level. And Ramsey isn't near the Bale level.

Outplayed, out thought and not anywhere good enough.

Estonia, Faroes and Luxumbourg, yip, about that level.

So the line will be and I like Strachan will be we are missing Brown, Fletcher and Morrison yet they dont do anything at International level either so I don't know where we go from here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, let's look at the positives (I know that'snot the done thing on DS!) Scotland were the better team between the goal and the Wales penalty. Grant Hanley had a dodgy start but if he continues to progress our defence will be built around him for the next campaign.
    I know, clutching at straws but it's better than just accepting we are shite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not buying the "I told you so" stuff. Nobody at any point said that Scotland were good, simply that Wales aren't much better. Any half decent international side would have put about 4 or 5 past us given how shambolic we were in the first half hour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    OK, let's look at the positives (I know that'snot the done thing on DS!) Scotland were the better team between the goal and the Wales penalty. Grant Hanley had a dodgy start but if he continues to progress our defence will be built around him for the next campaign.
    I know, clutching at straws but it's better than just accepting we are shite.

If we are building the future round Hanley:eek: and the defence is the worst of three evils regarding the team.

I think it may take 15-20 years for us to be competitive at international level if ever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we are building the future round Hanley:eek: and the defence is the worst of three evils regarding the team.

I think it may take 15-20 years for us to be competitive at international level if ever

I think Hanley will be a top player.
    You may be right about 15 to 20 years but you can't possibly know that. We don't know how good today's teenagers may get, never mind writing off those who haven't been born yet!
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

For those wondering it's 14th August :D
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jings that was brutal!!! New manager but same old Scotland!!
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Piss poor
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gladly never see Adam, Maloney. McArthur, Miller and Snodgrass in a Scotland jersey again.

Just garbage Gordon.

Needs to build a side from young talent now.
    Stop picking proven failures.
  • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    Did anyone back Wales at 5/1 I chickened out and backed them +1 on a now beaten accumulator

I had a £10 on them at 14/5 :)
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    I had a £10 on them at 14/5 :)

I had £5 on 33/100 and £5 on Wales, Denmark and Germany to win at 16/1, so very happy. Just need Russia to beat Northern Ireland tomorrow (or eventually) since I have £5 on them Wales and Belgium to win at around 8/1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing is, we have been saying the 15 year thing, for the past 15 years. I genuinely don't think we are a footballing country any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, we have been saying the 15 year thing, for the past 15 years. I genuinely don't think we are a footballing country any more.

Your probably right I knew there would be references to brown Fletcher Morrison but those three have been part of numerous failed campaigns now.

We also need to get away from the constant picking of the wigan. They are all guaranteed a start just because they are on thee books of a struggling English premier side
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your probably right I knew there would be references to brown Fletcher Morrison but those three have been part of numerous failed campaigns now.

We also need to get away from the constant picking of the wigan. They are all guaranteed a start just because they are on thee books of a struggling English premier side

For two decades we have got worse, two decades. And think tanks have came and went, and nothing has improved. We were outclassed by a team in Wales, where football ranks behind rugby, and they outclassed us in that as well.

The dereliction of those in charge of Scottish football over the last quarter of a century has been shameful.
This discussion has been closed.