On BBC1 now, it's awful..

Comments

• RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really bad rubbish movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I saw this at the cinema and it died on it's arse with nobody laughing.

I think it could have worked, but the casting of Steve Carrell was completely wrong and the dinner party needed to be bigger and better so you got to see the other shmucks more and who they were.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed at his impression of a penguin, think i was drunk at the time:confused:
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed it,wasn't great wasn't bad but i've definatly seen worse. "cough" avatar
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed it,wasn't great wasn't bad but i've definatly seen worse. "cough" avatar
    That's like comparing wreck it Ralph and schindlers list :p
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was quite good :o Quite weird though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    As I said previously, the idea was there, the casting was wrong. This had a feeling of the kind of thing Jerry Lewis would have done many many years ago, or even Jim Carey (shudder!) when he was at his peak with Ace Ventura, The Mask etc.

He would never have got the role, but I think this would have worked for Lee Evans in the Steve Carrell role. It needed someone that was more a physical comedian IMO.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is by common consent awful, but I watched it and it wasn't all that bad.

The reason I watched was because the original, Diner du Con, did make me laugh a great deal. It is in fact rather tragic that people will have had their chance of seeing a very funny French film ruined.