The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Afternoon all......

I love the idea of positivity....and think im going to have to give myself a huge kick when I get home....and get myself out of my negative rut....

but ...I also know I need to take some positive steps to ensure, I dont end up like this...

i think my parents in law, got seduced by the idea of idyllic living in rural france.....and thought they could renovate the house easily and cheaply....

but they couldnt and havent...and are just mouldering away almost waiting to die.......and moaning incessantly...
    and they arent at all old yet....:eek:

Perhaps they thought their children would do the renovation for them. Maybe the thing to do is not be so available to go there and fix things. I don't understand why some people retire to France. Many don't speak the language and live miles from anywhere. Elderly friends of my in-laws came back after 3 years - they didn't speak the language, didn't make French friends and missed all things British.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    ok whats the address.....:D

I dont dislike anyone on principle......and like the idea of continuing with friendships.....

but as before...I m concerned that my preference for John and lack of interest and respect for Josie, wouldnt necessarily make a new JJJat the best place for me to go.

but never say never.......:D:p:D

Believe it or not I have no idea what the address I keep finding it on muddy's TL.
    Believe it or not there will be many on there who dont particularly care about Josie , I myself have obviously failed in my fandom because I seriously cant be bothered to watch her animal reports!But this does not mean I feel the need to pour derision on her or be nasty, so as long as you can ignore or disagree in the respectful manner I always see you use then you might enjoy a dip every now and then.:D

I will get Muddy to post the address!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    gussiecat wrote: »
    Believe it or not I have no idea what the address I keep finding it on muddy's TL.
    Believe it or not there will be many on there who dont particularly care about Josie , I myself have obviously failed in my fandom because I seriously cant be bothered to watch her animal reports!But this does not mean I feel the need to pour derision on her or be nasty, so as long as you can ignore or disagree in the respectful manner I always see you use then you might enjoy a dip every now and then.:D

I will get Muddy to post the address!

Who decides what is a "respectful manner" ?
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Khyra wrote: »
    I guess it would be aimed at all of us. :D

Tbh I open an account about a month back but have no clue how this Twitter thing works I can’t even get a picture to upload. :rolleyes:

I was almost persuaded to join FB about a month ago, but I'm glad I didn't. I spend far too much time on the computer as it is - and I really worry about privacy.

Anyway - just got back from my hospital appt. I have to have yet another nerve test and I'm being referred to the ENT dept. Soon I will know every dept there. I somehow get the impression I'm a guinea pig.

Did have a great time at the Spanish Tourist Board. Found out some very useful things to investigate.

Glad you enjoyed Longleat muggins. I've still got it on my list of things to do.

Incidentally, for all of you who want another book to read, I've just finished THE PARIS WIFE which is about Ernest Hemingway's first wife. Absolutely excellent - borrowed it from my neighbour and have finished it in two days.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deeferone wrote: »

i believe its the whole group who decides
    Forum Member

Not me!:D
    No, I suppose if people think they are being mocked or belittled or blatantly called an idiot then they can raise the issue! How would you decide, if a manner was respectful?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given its raison d'etre is supposed to be a protest against censorship of JJJAT, I assume noone can ever be removed from the group? :confused:

Still awaiting meaningful answers to questions/observations in post #368.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok whats the address.....:D

I dont dislike anyone on principle......and like the idea of continuing with friendships.....

but as before...I m concerned that my preference for John and lack of interest and respect for Josie, wouldnt necessarily make a new JJJat the best place for me to go.

but never say never.......:D:p:D

There's a search facility on Fb, you should be able to search the name, a list of names would come up it'd probably be on there.
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Hi
    The Facebook page is just a laugh! I do not have any empire building dreams at all, in fact I wasnt here when it was set up!
    It does not have any new information and will never profess to have any information.It is there for anybody who wants to watch old videos, look at pictures etc. ie Its for anybody who once shared the JJJ experience and enjoyed it!
    There are some people there who are reuniters ( not me!), some who like Josie more, some who prefer John more and some who just want to have fun. At the moment there are 80 people who have joined! These are people who have said they have lurked here on DS or posted in the early days and just want a friendly place to enjoy chats. I really do fail to see what the problem is, I have not seen an egg invited at all, Perhaps I have the selective blindness that Alex talks about. I do know there was a request from Diddi to tell Twitter about both John and Josie bad eggs yesterday, and a discussion on how to do this followed! NOTE JOHN and JOsie bad eggs!

Everyone is welcome as Alex well knows! If he would like to enter into discussion as well as lurk there is no problem! All that has been said is there is none of the vile language used on twitter by some and no disrespecting of other posters.
    Why didn't we stick to JJJat? Personally for me, sometimes I get bored and yes upset by the[B] needless digs by some John supporters about the thread[/B] Their constant need to suggest that we are historically bound to Josie is their opinion but is it an accurate one? I would love to know what exactly would please people. What do they want the JJJat to do? I think the answer to that is close! But people like chatting on there, they like the friendships, they can still see good in both J and JJ but still see some negatives? I think things go wrong on the JJJat when people read the rubbish that is written about them elsewhere and instead of doing a John and rising above it, we do (after all we are human) get upset and react, so in that way although the FB page is open to all, I think it would be nice if the people who dislike us on principle and like nothing better than creating false .premises about us, think twice about their motives for joining!

Saying that if you do want another place with welcoming people, friendly faces and discussion on a wide range of things not just John and Josie then pop in,all are accepted!:D

i do object to the
    BIB
    so perhaps you have selective blindness on this as well
    never josie supporters
    or
    what about josie herself :confused:
    Forum Member
    Not me!:D
    No, I suppose if people think they are being mocked or belittled or blatantly called an idiot then they can raise the issue! How would you decide, if a manner was respectful?

Well maybe something like the following remarks:-

"Who ever Bertha is, Nasty Nicola is loving her work today! She's taking loys forever out like a pro sniper, it's like shooting fish in a barrel! Long as she doesn't take it too far with JJJ she is a friend of mine!!"

Which I read previously on DS somewhere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Given its raison d'etre is supposed to be a protest against censorship of JJJAT, I assume noone can ever be removed from the group? :confused:

i think gussie has covered all points adequatly but i think the reason it is a closed group is that people can protect there own personal facebooks that are used for other things besides talking about jjj and whilst on the subject of hipocrocy what would your opinion be of people joining just to see if they can catch people out on the uncensored jjjat a form of hipocrocy would'nt you say. good afternoon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Who ever Bertha is, Nasty Nicola is loving her work today! She's taking loys forever out like a pro sniper, it's like shooting fish in a barrel! Long as she doesn't take it too far with JJJ she is a friend of mine!!"

and i think was removed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello People,

I thought I would stop by and extend the already open invitation to join the JJJAT UNCENSORED group, seem as it is a subject in discussion today.

The group is located at:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/288274851247715/

Anybody is welcome to join but as with any system with free speech there are limits and if a member becomes aggressive or overtly rude then we will run a poll as to whether the member should be removed from the group with a majority vote deciding the outcome. With rights come responsibilities and in the case of JJJAT UNCENSORED, your responsibility is to respect other members and if a member fails in that endeavour they will be removed.

There seems to be some confusion surrounding the fact that we are uncensored yet the group is closed. Within the group, you are uncensored, just as within england you can say what you like (within the constraints of the law) but if you went on holiday to Syria those rules won't apply to you. So I see no issue with the fact that members are uncensored but the group is closed. However we also have a freedom of information policy because anyone is welcome to join the group and look at our uncensored words. Ultimately the reason the group is closed is so that our friends and family don't become concerned with that fact that we are a) bb fans b) fans of bb housemates and c) fans of a bb couple. I think that is fair enough, we are all allowed our secrets and free speech doesn't mean you have to disclose everything you say to everybody else, it means if you want to speak freely here, then fine go ahead! I personally think it's the opposite of free speech to have to declare yourself to everybody all the time.

:D:D:D
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    The Facebook page is just a laugh! I do not have any empire building dreams at all, in fact I wasnt here when it was set up!

Snip .

:eek: Can't believe you've said that :o

We all know you won't settle until you rule the world ,never mind all things JJJ :eek::o:eek::D:eek::p
    Forum Member
    It's an empire building group with no other purpose than to promote the interests of the founders. The JJJAT is already available for the purpose of joint appreciation, but unfortunately for you is regulated by independent mods to stop bitching about other FMs. The only need for an unregulated group is to allow the bitching without sanction. Enjoy! :)

I'm speaking colloquially (of course Muckers Forever is much larger). But in essence, that is what it will increasingly become, imo. A couple of fig-leaves doesn't alter that.

So do you also agree with Muggins' view about the hypocrisy of using a closed page on FB instead of an open page on DS or twitter?

I'm sure all are welcome. They've even been inviting abusive eggs to join, so clearly the entry standards are low.

What interests do we have? Has anyone tweeted John or Josie asking them to join? What would be our gains from having a page like this? Sorry , I can see its another place to have a laugh but I must be simple as i have no idea what we hope to achieve?
    Muckers are allowed on it as are Loys? Would you be saying it, if there were more Loys than muckers? By the way as there are now 80 people on it and we have not asked them their leanings I only know a few so called muckers , a couple of so called loys, several JJJaters and the rest I have no idea where they lie? I presume yours are with John?
    I see you are referring to Muddy saying Bertha should join? I did not know this as I do not follow Bertha, I had to look on Muddy's TL. Just because 1 does something, dont lump us all in together.
    However open to all means open to all, untill they do or say something the majority disagree with, so I suppose this would be the hypocrisy of the situation, as obviously abusive posters would have to be asked to leave whether they are John eggs or Josie eggs.
    Sorry, you seem to think it is a page to be nasty about people. Have you seen any?
    You mock the fact that it is a closed facebook page although no one has been denied access, have they ? Yourself included I believe? So, the fact that it is closed because some people dont want other family and friends seeing how we spend our time worries you, I can't and won't apologise for that.
    Alex if you read it , you would see it isnt any great masterminded plan! I see videsos, I see discussion with some agreeing ,on points and some not agreeing. I see requests to alert Twitter of eggs, I see friends having a laugh. I don't see nastiness at all. I admit there is a tad too much soppiness for my liking but hey, I gloss over that or disagree freely!
    Forum Member
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    and i think was removed

Being removed - which it was not - does not erase the mentality behind the comment
    Forum Member
    cah wrote: »
    Snip .

Can't believe you've said that
    We all know you won't settle until you rule the world ,never mind all things JJJ :eek::o:eek::D:eek::p

SSSShhhhhhhhhhhh, some will think you are serious!:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an empire building group with no other purpose than to promote the interests of the founders. The JJJAT is already available for the purpose of joint appreciation, but unfortunately for you is regulated by independent mods to stop bitching about other FMs. The only need for an unregulated group is to allow the bitching without sanction. Enjoy! :)

Aaah those mods ... I've got an 'in' with them doncha know ;):p
    Forum Member

Not seen this before! What is she referring too? Not that it matters as yes, I would have disagreed with the terminology! Perhaps a 3 strikes and out system would work as we all know that people can get bitchy about people on here and Twitter, can't they? Few of us are innocent of that!
    Forum Member
    Being removed - which it was not - does not erase the mentality behind the comment

And what was the mentality?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you will also have seen said persons next post that apolagised for the post you are refering to im sure
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSSShhhhhhhhhhhh, some will think you are serious!:D:D:D

Sworry :o:o

Mmm on 2nd thoughts ..........:cool:
    Forum Member
    And what was the mentality?:confused:

The comment speaks for itself
    Forum Member
    you will also have seen said persons next post that apolagised for the post you are refering to im sure

Again an apology does not erase the original thought
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes that's true :) Apologies from some people are accepted I believe ;)
This discussion has been closed.